KSP Loading...: Getting ready to celebrate!

UomoCapra

14 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

I warned you guys.

Many times.

RIP KSP.

I wouldn't say RIP KSP. KSP is still a game that is thriving, I don't think it's going away anytime soon

30 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

Kerbal Space Program 1.12: On Final Approach is going to be special in many ways. We are not only packing this free update with a massive amount of new content, player requests and all sorts of fixes, but it is also our thank you letter to everyone in our community who supported us along the way and made our dreams come true. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, or rather move on to the next chapter. So yes, On Final Approach is the last major planned release for Kerbal Space Program. While there may still be occasional minor updates to address bug fixes as needed, Squad’s efforts will now shift towards joining Intercept Games in the development of Kerbal Space Program 2.

I'm going to interpret this as the glass is half full — a decision like this wouldn't be made if there is a lot of uncertainty on the KSP2 development pipeline. Yay for KSP2!

11 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

About KSP wil be abandoned in face of KSP2.

other 'warnings' include:

"I warned you that water was wet!"

it's not a 'warning' when its inevitable that the game wont be  developed ad infinitum.

well, that's sorta sad for me, because i prob won't be able to play KSP2 at all in next few years after release... for the record, i have a potato laptop with i5-5200U CPU/APU, intel HD graphics 5500 GPU and  8gb RAM, and even tho i've got a job lately i don't think i'll be able to get a decent new pc in next few years... so i'll stick to KSP1 for quite a while. also i hope there will be some performance fixes, like oceans literally killing fps down to 15 (i have steady 60 fps literally anywhere else) on any graphics settings (haven't tried putting it higher than medium)...

I bought KSP-1 one week before KSP-2 was announced. I was (and still am) excited for the sequel, but the first game completely changed my life.

To many more years with an upgraded sequel!

5 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

KSP putting out a final release without a unified art style or music I see?

These are Kerbals we're talking about. I dont expect anything uniform out of them.

Bon Voyage KSP! With the new maneuver node app maybe I'll finally journey beyond Minimus after so long.

I had a feeling this might be coming, I am happy that both the Alarm Clock app and the Maneuver Creator App were both in the "better late then never" category. Those were the 2 major flaws I felt the game had, so I think this is a very good place to stop.

Edited by MechBFP

Knew this day was coming. Development has to stop at some point. (KSP isn't an OS.) I'm hoping to see a new DLC or two. (Actual station and/or base parts.) 

Happy to see Squad transitioning to help with KSP2. Good luck and continue to have fun.

As a side note, while I know some people don't like the idea of Squad working on KSP 2 for "reasons", I think that this is very good news and will help KSP 2 be the best game it can be. I think it is pretty obvious that Squad has some very specialized knowledge that you simply cant hire from anywhere else.

Now I'm hyped. But i'ts sad, that it's the last KSP 1 update. 

You guys made such a great game. I love it, but I will really really miss your creativity in making great updates. Thats sad.

Hey, ya'll. Don't think of this as a sad moment. It would be sad if KSP and KSP2 were both ending development.

KSP version 1.13, KSP version 2.0. What's the difference?

We are getting more KSP, folks. The sequel is going to be great.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.