KSP Loading...: Getting ready to celebrate!

UomoCapra

On 6/10/2021 at 12:00 PM, UomoCapra said:

search has been added to craft loading on the launchpad/runway and to the quicksave loading dialogue.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sad that this is the last content update, but there is a lot of good stuff being added!!! 

I also can't wait for KSP 2, but actually I can wait since I would rather wait and after a while be able to play a great game than be able to play a not as good game right now. You can take your time!:)

I also can't believe that it has been almost 10 years. I started in 2018, but still.

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

First off, thank you!

KSP rekindled my love for space exploration and space flight I once had as a kid. By sparking that interest again, I learned more about orbital mechanics, rocket engineering, astrophysics and cosmology than I could have imagined. I am truly grateful for that.

Looking forward to the update!

Edited by ShadowZone

Well I am stunned. The last major update for KSP.

Great additions to the game with KAC being integrated into the game and the Window Planner. That looks awesome.

Thanks @SQUAD for my most played game in history, and I look forward to seeing the bug fixes. 

Each update usually meant submitting some really interesting bug reports. I am going to miss that after this last update.

@TriggerAuLook at that! Your KAC mod integrated into KSP.  Looks Excellent!

Just now, ShadowZone said:

First off, thank you!

KSP rekindled my love for space exploration and space flight I once had as a kid. My sparking that interest again, I learned more about orbital mechanics, rocket engineering, astrophysics and cosmology than I could have imagined. I am truly grateful for that.

Looking forward to the update!

I ran out of likes so...

9 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

Well I am stunned. The last major update for KSP.

Great additions to the game with KAC being integrated into the game and the Window Planner. That looks awesome.

Thanks @SQUAD for my most played game in history, and I look forward to seeing the bug fixes. 

Each update usually meant submitting some really interesting bug reports. I am going to miss that after this last update.

@TriggerAuLook at that! Your KAC mod integrated into KSP.  Looks Excellent!

You know @TriggerAuworks for Squad, who do you think integrated it? :)

Just now, Maxsimal said:

who do you think integrated it? :)

What took him so long :wink:

I kid of course. Just glad it's been added to the stock game. :)

I am also a huge fan of the craft browser updates! That was probably number 1 on my list of QoL improvements!

I hadn't played or even heard of Kerbal Space Program until it kept showing up in my Steam queue after it's 1.0 release - even though I kept clicking "not interested".  As it looked like an indie game aimed at kids, little did I know that it is aimed at kids, the kid that still resides in all of us looking and learning at new things in wonder! I finally, after the umteempth time it showed in my queue, I downloaded the demo - my life hasn't been the same since!
I spent over 40 hours in about 3 days just in the demo - needless to say, I bought the game.  From there, I spent 2 straight days trying to get to Mun and back - finally did it! And promptly realized on reentry that I had forgotten to attach parachutes... From there, I discovered the great Scott Manley who eloquently lays out many of KSP's complexities in a simple to understand way - Thank you Scott Manley! From there, I discovered Twitch where @EJ_SA, @DasValdez, & @MatoroIgnika were the trifecta of KSP live streaming at the time - and inspired me to give live streaming a go! 

So through Kerbal Space Program, I have learned more about space flight and engineering in general, than I did while being an R&D engineer with Hewlett-Packard! Thank you @SQUAD for creating a game that not only entertains beyond reason, it teaches, it inspires, and changes the courses of peoples' lives! This is truly the best game I have ever played, and continue to play (even well beyond 10K hours now) - it's truly a privilege!

KSP 2 certainly has some huge expectations in it now! 

Edited by Rocketology

1 hour ago, shdwlrd said:

Knew this day was coming. Development has to stop at some point. (KSP isn't an OS.) I'm hoping to see a new DLC or two. (Actual station and/or base parts.) 

Happy to see Squad transitioning to help with KSP2. Good luck and continue to have fun.

The KOS guys might disagree with you on that. And there's kerbal edu. I was recently poking around the site for it. Ya it's damn near OS and @SQUAD should be very proud. My daughters know more about orbital mechanics and the rocket equation then their science teachers and that was regular ksp and my bad explanations.

I'm wondering if we'll get another post next Thursday... if so what will be in it?

I don't think it will be anything big, seeing as the way this one is worded suggests the main stuff is out of the bag :)

Maybe part retextures of the last few engines? Pretty please :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.