KSP Loading...: Getting ready to celebrate!

UomoCapra

Wow... didn't expect to get the feels today. ;.;

I discovered KSP in the summer of 2011, shortly after it was released. I was in 5th grade back then, and I was complelty unaware of the immense importance that this game would have on my life.  I am now a junior undergraduate in college studying aerospace engineering, and preparing to build rockets for a career.

All I want to say is THANK YOU. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all who have worked on this game and developed it over these last 10 years. It's been a wild ride and I can't wait to see what KSP 2 has to offer.:heart_eyes: 

:( The last update. :( 

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

it'll just be bugfixes and optimisations.

Thats great! Becasue rover wheels are broken now. My vall mission My rover cause a Kraken attak and it wouldnt move. The wheels say their motor was moving but the wheels were just stuck. 

:awe::awe: Emoji's do not do this justice.

I mean, I love all the upcoming upgrades! If you look through the forums, you see them trying to add a lot of frequently requested items! This can very well do away with some more mods. Which is good and bad. But I think we all will benefit from it in the long run.

And the last... We knew this was coming... We discussed it multiple times... Just feels surreal to me. What a journey to be a part of for at least a few years of it. I wish to thank all the devs, and the corporation that gave this little niche game a chance to live. This is one in my very large library that I will always keep.

Guess it's time to turn the page.... KSP2! And .. maybe beyond??

35 minutes ago, Xurkitree said:

I have a question - will the new stock versions of KAC and TWP smoothly integrate with modded systems or will each system have to create a patch for their own orbits? 

First, they aren’t integrated mods.

They are written features. They have numerous additions to the mods you talk about.

That said, they are features within the core code and not mods. Hence are completely interwoven with all the games systems such as patched conics.

so the short answer is yes. They should work with modded solar systems.

and like all KSP systems, are moddable themselves.

Guys I've gotten likes on one of the shortest comments in the thread, I think from every yellow  tag that's seen since I posted it. Now I am crying.

This is the thing I don't harp on. I was recovering from Lymphoma When I started playing KSP. I was mesmerised, and I was using parts of my brain I hadn't used since school. I was in a pretty dark place, sick and scared. Really not sure how I was going to continue. Maybe it wasn't some revelation. But it kept me smiling, kept my mind busy and really helped me pull through. I've alway had it nearby ever since and I bonded with my children more over it. I don't deserve the internet points.

@Just Jim @nestor @JPLRepo and the rest of the team @SQUAD You guys do. You never stop thanking the fans, in 10 years. From the bottom of my heart Thank you.

ain't over until the fat kerbal sings... and there ain't1 no fat kerbals! :P

Love the improvements! maybe *finally* can retire several mods like KAC that we all love! Glad to see them as stock!

1 unlike the word ain't - which still isn't a word. :P 

34 minutes ago, snkiz said:

Guys I've gotten likes on one of the shortest comments in the thread, I think from every yellow  tag that's seen since I posted it. Now I am crying.

This is the thing I don't harp on. I was recovering from Lymphoma When I started playing KSP. I was mesmerised, and I was using parts of my brain I hadn't used since school. I was in a pretty dark place, sick and scared. Really not sure how I was going to continue. Maybe it wasn't some revelation. But it kept me smiling, kept my mind busy and really helped me pull through. I've alway had it nearby ever since and I bonded with my children more over it. I don't deserve the internet points.

@Just Jim @nestor @JPLRepo and the rest of the team @SQUAD You guys do. You never stop thanking the fans, in 10 years. From the bottom of my heart Thank you.

I agree to this let's give a horah to the team for all they have done 

27 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

ain't over until the fat kerbal sings... and there ain't1 no fat kerbals! :P

There is a large Kerbal in one of the KSP 2 tutorials from the Dev Posts....maybe there are large kerbals and we just dont know it yet

All good things must come to an end...

that remembers me of something from startrek the next generation and i feel the happy and sad at the same time.

But in the end it is inevitable and as for the gaming industrie overdue if you see the maintaining time of other games.

Thank you for a really good flight squad it was an honour to have your game and i still will love it for times to come.

I hope for KSP 2 that it would have a similar lifetime but i doubt it with the publisher at hand, but one can have some hope.

I would like to see a big thing on a live stream where everyone maybe even the old guys come together to have a chat how far ksp has come.

A review if you like some sort of. Maybe moderated by some of our favorite streamers  (ej or other guys come to mind...)

Edited by Nightmare

I'm concerned that people are thinking that no more updates means the game will be dead on June 24th. I don't think that you guys need to worry, I think the KSP team will still be fixing bugs. But I think it's a good thing that KSP ends here, it sounds like the devs have done what they wanted to do, and I think that modders should now have a chance to mod away without worrying about another major update  XD. 

I will be making a video on this because of my concerns on reactions in community

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.