KSP Loading...: Getting ready to celebrate!

UomoCapra

14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

All good things must come to an end...

that remembers me of something from startrek the next generation and i feel the happy and sad at the same time.

But in the end it is inevitable and as for the gaming industrie overdue if you see the maintaining time of other games.

Thank you for a really good flight squad it was an honour to have your game and i still will love it for times to come.

I hope for KSP 2 that it would have a similar lifetime but i doubt it with the publisher at hand, but one can have some hope.

I would like to see a big thing on a live stream where everyone maybe even the old guys come together to have a chat how far ksp has come.

A review if you like some sort of. Maybe moderated by some of our favorite streamers  (ej or other guys come to mind...)

Agreed

13 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I'm concerned that people are thinking that no more updates means the game will be dead on June 24th. I don't think that you guys need to worry, I think the KSP team will still be fixing bugs. But I think it's a good thing that KSP ends here, it sounds like the devs have done what they wanted to do, and I think that modders should now have a chance to mod away without worrying about another major update  XD. 

Modders will by happy like you said and like you said as well, the game is not dead, just that no more parts and stuff.

13 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

Well it still feels like the start of KSP's peaceful passing into history.

I know a lot of games that have stopped doing major releases that are still going strong. Terraria is the first that comes to mind, but many more

The best darn game I've ever played has grown up!

Just like your career isn't over just because you unlock the whole tech tree, this game hasn't ended just because it reaches its final form.

This just means it has reached maturity.

Edited by HvP

On behalf of one of the biggest russian kerbal communities, THANK YOU SQUAD for creating the best game ever.

And congratulations on reaching the finish line!

We will play it till KSP 2 releases.
We will remember.

20 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

Its cause Im painfully slow and lazy ;) 

Nonetheless, thanks for finally making it stock, I can't wait to see how it works. Worth the wait, I'm sure. Finally, the last piece of the QoL puzzle. And it was really necessary that it be stockified to encourage players to venture out of Kerbin's SOI

49 minutes ago, HvP said:

The best darn game I've ever played has grown up!

Just like your career isn't over just because you unlock the whole tech tree, this game hasn't ended just because it reaches its final form.

This just means it has reached maturity.

Best way to explain it I have seen today

It's been a ride.  The joy has flowed.  The snark has poured.  The impact of this game can not be denied.  It didn't turn into what my dreams of dreams had hoped for, but in the end, there's still something special in this quirky, not so little game.

Thanks to all the devs and modders who have come and gone. 

Praise the Kraken.  Fear the Kraken.

All the best to you and yours.

3 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

First, they aren’t integrated mods.

They are written features. They have numerous additions to the mods you talk about.

Yes, this...  The difference between a mod and a feature is the interface isn't a hacked-on thing that had to be nailed to the side, but built the way it belongs.

2 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I'm concerned that people are thinking that no more updates means the game will be dead on June 24th. I don't think that you guys need to worry, I think the KSP team will still be fixing bugs.

If a bug is discovered which causes KSP1 to aggressively mine bitcoins while mooning your grandmother, they'll probably consider fixing that.

Beyond that...  Don't hold your breath.  Bugfixes don't make money.

8 hours ago, Poodmund said:

make those privates public and let us all go wild!

Sir, this is a family-friendly forum.  

6 hours ago, EchoLima said:

At last KSP reaches its final version, 0.38.

Technically correct is the best kind of correct.

I still maintain that development should have stopped with a bugfixed 0.25--I played that version until 1.3.1 (i.e. 0.29.1) came out.

last update, or last major update? and is that kerbal with eyeglasses will appear? and after u done with ksp 2, will u continue ksp 1?

9 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

upcoming news and development updates!

1.13?

Edited by JB182
moar questions

Wow. I knew there WOULD BE a final update. Didn't expect it so soon. But holy cow those are some features! I can (almost) play unmodded now!

I've kinda not played much for years, just a stalled-out career every major update it seems since about 1.6 or so. Maybe this will prod me into actually doing something.

I joined KSP in 2013 and have watched the game grow so much. I've downloaded hundreds of mods, flown hundreds of ships and not crashed some of them, done the improbable and the impossible, flown all over the solar system to see the whole palette of planets, and now the game is complete. It's almost time to look on to the stars. But in the meantime I have plenty more to do in the little Kerbal system!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.