KSP Loading...: Getting ready to celebrate!

UomoCapra

22 hours ago, Zaher Kerman said:

Im very exited all though all my mods won't work anymore

pretty sure they will. they will just stop doing major updates to the game. if the mods will work on 1.12 they will work fine

Atmospheric Fluid Spectro-Variometer:

From the surface of Earth

A rapid change in the content of Earth's atmosphere seems to have occurred. While previously, the gasses which comprised the atmosphere had been mostly Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, and other miscellaneous gasses, approximately 22 hours ago, this gas mixture was rapidly and completely replaced with a liquid saline solution similar to that which exists in the tear ducts of the planet's tertiary intelligence, humans*. 

* Primary and secondary inteligences being Dolphins and Mice

Reward for Transmitting: 3,650 Science 

Reward for Recovery: > 2,000,000 Science

Possible gain from processing in a Science Lab: %07

10 hours ago, Souptime said:

NOOOO KSP IS DEAAAADD

well, it was fun while it lasted.

massive terraria vibes

It's a complete game, no more updates are necessary

Funny enough you should mention terraria, I still see that community going strong.

Well all I can say is I'm incredibly grateful to everyone at Squad for delivering over the last decade what has become absolutely my favorite game of all time. The time, energy and creativity you all brought to this has been astonishing. All that some one of the best looking updates yet (Stock KAC!!). You guys are the best and I'm psyched to see what comes of KSP2 and all your future endeavors.  

Edited by Pthigrivi

Ohh. Ahh. Excited about what looks to be KAC and TWP in stock. Those have long been two "must have" mods for me. But in a way I'm more hyped about the ability to load saved craft from different save games. After all, as important as KAC and TWP are, at least the mods for those exist. But it's been quite a pain when I start a new career and want to copy over a craft design that I had previously spent a lot of time doing. Have had to quit the game and copy over the craft files manually.

1 hour ago, ninthninja05 said:

Atmospheric Fluid Spectro-Variometer:

From the surface of Earth

A rapid change in the content of Earth's atmosphere seems to have occurred. While previously, the gasses which comprised the atmosphere had been mostly Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, and other miscellaneous gasses, approximately 22 hours ago, this gas mixture was rapidly and completely replaced with a liquid saline solution similar to that which exists in the tear ducts of the planet's tertiary intelligence, humans*. 

* Primary and secondary inteligences being Dolphins and Mice

Reward for Transmitting: 3,650 Science 

Reward for Recovery: > 2,000,000 Science

Possible gain from processing in a Science Lab: %07

It's okay, just remember: Don't panic.

Also, could the kraken be a vogon ship destroying ships and occasionally planets? It would fit their habit of destroying stuff for fun

PS: I'm extremely disappointed any of those values didn't include 42

You guys can be proud of your work. Also, I've met a lot of great people over the years through the game. Therefore I wanted to express my gratitude. Thank you dear Squad-Team.

Edit: My Gratitude also goes to so many Modders and Mission Builders, they must not be forgotten.

Edited by Dexter_D

I have been here reading, watching, downloading mods, and enjoying the motions for 8 years now. I'm eternally grateful to the team at Squad for the hours and hours and hours of pure, unadulterated fun along with education that KSP has given me. 
Thanks everyone, thanks so much.

Now, I'm gonna be completely honest. I'm actually super happy about the last update. I'm glad the team can move to something else. I'm happy if they're happy to have the feeling of final accomplishment.

And I'm ecstatic that finally the mods will stabilize. I'm a modded player and I've dreamt for years of not having to worry about constantly changing versions where I have to choose between having the latest features of the base game while being able to play with my favorite mods.

Thanks to all modders for their incredible Perseverance all these years as well.

Now the mod scene is really gonna look fenomenal, I'm sure!

4 hours ago, Serenity said:

Yes, like weekly showcasing the best mods and/or crafts on Steam and here, like The Daily Kerbal threads but for mods and creations.

Sounds good to me. It could be community driven and operated if someone were willing to set up and maintain it and moderators pin it. That would be something.

10 minutes ago, Probro said:

ksp 2 is going to release in 2022-2023 so not anytime soon

Well if they're finishing with KSP then that means KSP 2 will be here within a year, it wouldn't be a smart idea to not have no content for over a year (we all know how the more toxic fans get:valsad:) And more importantly it means that Intercept/Squad are getting ready to transfer the weight of the franchise over to KSP 2.

It also seems that the game is becoming more complete as it looks pretty playable, I think that they may enter the alpha/testing phase in a few months.

So while I am being cautiously optimistic I think early 2022 is the most plausible release timeframe.

Hey devs, and players, and watchers on whatever video platform you please, I have to thank all of you for so much! It's been a good seven years for me! Huge thanks to the devs and players because it's all of you and this great game that has inspired me to go into aerospace engineering as soon as I graduate! See you all on the other side!

- BigStar Aerospace

P.S. Remember to always look up!

Fortiter ad astra!

Edited by BigStar Aerospace

On 6/10/2021 at 11:07 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

Aaaaa stock KAC and TWP! This all looks absolutely awesome, and a perfect way to close out what is by far my favourite game.

My only hopes are that you leave KSP as a stable base for mods to continue to build on, and that KSP2 is a worthy successor for this brilliant game/toy/educational tool. Thanks for everything you've done in this game, SQUAD!

What's TWP?

End of an era. I look forward to the next one.

KSP has been such a huge influence on my life, and helped me get through a lot of struggles growing up. I've been a member here since 2012 initially, and have spent so long on these forums making friends who have stuck with me for many years.

So a huge thank you to the devs for these past 9 years! 

- Comrade Jenkens/Frozen_Heart

I have been playing since 2013, version .20. I bought it by giving $23 to my friend who got me it as a gift. Played it on my excrementsty high school freshman lenovo laptop, my gaming laptop in college, and now as an adult with a job on my PC with a 2080. I never imagined that this game would continue like this, that this community would continue like this. It has been a pleasure flying with you ladies and gentlemen. Once more we will fly off into the stars, searching for destinies that we know we will never truly reach, but that we can't help ourselves from pursuing. God speed Squad, and thank you for making this game.

I know that ksp won't be going away...but seeing as this is the last update..it is goodbye in a way. 

Ksp is so much more then a game...it's inspired so many people, and without a doubt has given birth to a new generation of space enthusiasts (and folks working in the aerospace field!) Ksp has always been there, in a way. Launching space frogs on a nail biting, years-long mission and having that pay off...gives a sense of satisfaction hard to replicate. It always cheered me up (big help, especially with the worse bouts of depression) And the community always has ingenious creations+ideas that amaze. Squad has given the world a great gift, we can't ever let if be forgotten. *hugs to every single Squad employee, past and present* 

Cheers doesn’t feel quite right for this...

Per adura ad astra

-Lewie

Edited by Lewie

Hard to believe it's been this long... I started playing in the before times, when Kerbin didn't even have a Mun yet! The game has come a long way since then.

Congratulations, Squad. KSP is one of the most inspiring games ever made. 

I have a bittersweet taste in my mouth.

I'm very glad you, @SQUAD gave us such a brilliant game. Truthfully, KSP was the first (and so far the only one) game which sucked me in into it's universe and I was (and still) amazed.

I wish you guys only the best.

On A Final Approach.

Let the tears flow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.