KSP Loading...: Getting ready to celebrate!

UomoCapra

4 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Not so sure about that.

There's a lot of us who has got burned by sequel games before.

I for pne excited about it and will of course check it out when available, but I reserve judgement until it's shown that it's still as fun as KSP.

This I definitely get, I have a long standing personal rule about just buying what "sounds or looks good" just because it is based on another game. Incidentally I also have a personal rule on paying for incomplete or alpha state games.

But to be honest, watching all the preview videos and seeing what it APPEARS to be so far over the years, unless something drastic changes, I plan on buying KSP2 very soon at or after release. (I know, I know, just something is different to me with this one. Hopefully I've not led myself to dar astray!)

18 hours ago, herbal space program said:

I think the people most attracted by the sequel are actually already here! Pretty much everybody who played KSP 1 for more than a  few hours is going to buy KSP 2 more or less immediately.  Where it finds a broader market as the sequel rather than the original is an interesting question for me. I suspect that these threads in the first 6 months of release are going to be dominated much more by contentious KSP 1 vs. 2 comparative discussions than by requests for help from noobs. But I sincerely hope I'm wrong about that!

What I mean is the "next generation of KSP players". In other words, people who don't play the orig right now.

57 minutes ago, Singhnaut said:

What I mean is the "next generation of KSP players". In other words, people who don't play the orig right now.

Peeps who play KSP2 I assume. But I dont know. I'm just some crazy doc. 

12 hours ago, Anth12 said:

To me it looks like its going to be amazing but I am still not going to buy it until I have seen it in action by one of the popular KSP1 streamers

13 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Not so sure about that.

There's a lot of us who has got burned by sequel games before.

I for pne excited about it and will of course check it out when available, but I reserve judgement until it's shown that it's still as fun as KSP.

9 hours ago, Dientus said:

This I definitely get, I have a long standing personal rule about just buying what "sounds or looks good" just because it is based on another game. Incidentally I also have a personal rule on paying for incomplete or alpha state games.

Wow, tough crowd! :D  For my part, unless it's unreasonably expensive I'll take my chances.  Somebody has to buy it to see if it's any good!

3 hours ago, Singhnaut said:

I figured that's what you meant. I was just being a bit snarky in suggesting that there might not actually be so many people in that category, at least not right off the bat. But maybe that's a failure of imagination on my part. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong about that!

Edited by herbal space program

I'll be buying KSP2 just because I've already gotten so much enjoyment from KSP1 that it will still have been a superb deal even if I buy KSP2 and it turns out to be a complete dud. Heck, I actually bought 2 copies of KSP1. Bought it first from GOG. Then some years later it was cheap enough on some Steam sale that I bought  copy there just for convenience. Don't recall how much time I have in KSP, but at a rough guess I'll be talking in the area of 10 cents/hour of entertainment, even after buying 2 copies of KSP1, one of the making history DLC, plus one of KSP2.

1 hour ago, herbal space program said:

Wow, tough crowd! :D  For my part, unless it's unreasonably expensive I'll take my chances.  Somebody has to buy it to see if it's any good!

I figured that's what you meant. I was just being a bit snarky in suggesting that there might not actually be so many people in that category, at least not right off the bat. But maybe that's a failure of imagination on my part. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong about that!

Me too.

On 6/11/2021 at 5:55 AM, klgraham1013 said:

Kids don't seem to understand this concept these days.  Just imagine if we spoke like this for any other product we own.  My chairs have been dead for years and they still work just fine.

No no, he’s got a point

The fact that us console players have been ignored by Squad AND Blitworks for over a year now just confirms to me that leaving KSP for Space Engineers was a good decision. The disappointment is exacerbated even further by all these posts from people with fond memories of this game, whereas is us on console have consistently suffered from bugs that go unfixed for years (the J404 Panther and JX-4 STILL have that horrible crackling sound bug from 3 years ago), an absolute lack of any content or updates, and literally no mention of what's happening for us. 

So honestly this news does really nothing for me. It's not even a surprise at this point. We still don't even have 1.10, but that's not really a problem as long as the main fans are happy. I hope you enjoyed my $45 Squad, because you aren't getting anymore from me. 

Edited by LegendaryAce

7 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

The fact that us console players have been ignored by Squad AND Blitworks for over a year now just confirms to me that leaving KSP for Space Engineers was a good decision. The disappointment is exacerbated even further by all these posts from people with fond memories of this game, whereas is us on console have consistently suffered from bugs that go unfixed for years (the J404 Panther and JX-4 STILL have that horrible crackling sound bug from 3 years ago), an absolute lack of any content or updates, and literally no mention of what's happening for us. 

So honestly this news does really nothing for me. It's not even a surprise at this point. We still don't even have 1.10, but that's not really a problem as long as the main fans are happy. I hope you enjoyed my $45 Squad, because you aren't getting anymore from me. 

I feel you.

*shudders at the memories of years upon years of horrible PC ports of console games*

Whoa, this is actually happening...

I must say that this is something I am actually looking forward to this to an extent (albeit with a degree of solemnity in recognition of 10 years of development). I personally adhere to the "it's not dying, it's reaching completion" mindset, the game isn't going anywhere and, personally I like completed games. To be able to come back to the same game months later (my interests come and go) and it to be the same thing I remember, for mods not to fade away as they become outdated after their developer finishes working on them or for instructions to remain good for years is a kind of stability I crave. While I agree that KSP 2 may very well come to overshadow the original in terms of publicity, shouldering the burden of its legendary predecessor as the game that brings space flight to the masses, the one that started it all is still here.
Concluding words are hard and there's still the risk of leaving a bad aftertaste if things go wrong. My greatest hope though is that the developers are able to do a good job in stabilising and polishing the game, they are the final word in its development and the version they settle on will be a major part in this great work's legacy.

Maybe I waffle on too much but I've been hanging around this game on and off since 0.20.2 and to see it finally reach completion, I can only hope that it's final version proves to be a great (and stable) game that can be the platform for this talented community can use to ply their "trades" for years to come: Making (and operating) great flying machines, creating stories and even, expanding on the game, turning a single product into an infinite variety of different games we can pick and choose from.

Edited by AviosAdku
Refining wording, new closing thoughts

1 hour ago, MR L A said:

Anyone reckon we'll get another KSP Loading today or not?

Don’t think so. The features have been featured here. Previews for the patch notes in regards to bug fixes never really happened.

13 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

The fact that us console players have been ignored by Squad AND Blitworks for over a year now [...] an absolute lack of any content or updates

Just checking... yep, two announced updates in the last year, approximately one every half of a year, exactly the same amout as on PC.
Sure, it's nothing, boo at them, go on.

Some people forget that console edition was never meant to go parallel with PC version, and the port is based on contents already released on PC. So of course features appear later, in different order.
The announcement never said anything about ending EE development. They have the chance to catch up and at last be more or less identical to PC edition once this one is finished, or rather "feature complete". Also, mind you, Squad works ONLY on KSP, Blitworks, with their "more than 35 employees" as stated on their website (wow, huge company) have made 67 ports, Kraken knows how many of those are still being worked on.

But sure, devs bad.

18 hours ago, rmaine said:

bought 2 copies of KSP1

Me too!

1 hour ago, Greenfire32 said:

Even though KSP isn't "ending," this still kind of feels like the end of an era. It's like retiring the old Kitty Hawk flyer because better airplanes exist.

I will make a timeline of the KSP Eras. 

13 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

Calm down. Stop with the rage. Squad doesn't do anything with the consoles. And porting take a while. And before your criticize me as an evil PC player I am not. I'm a console player too and I know the rage of seeing player 5 update before me. After 1.12 comes to PC Squad aims to sync the consoles o the latest version .

6 hours ago, Greenfire32 said:

"Houston, Tranquility base here, The Eagle has landed."

Even though KSP isn't "ending," this still kind of feels like the end of an era. It's like retiring the old Kitty Hawk flyer because better airplanes exist.

Yeah. The KSP is like the wright flyer, only interesting to some.

By the way, what craft of yours has the highest deltav? For me it is my concerningly maneuverable plane.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:18 AM, MR L A said:

KSP2 is a different dev team entirely, so the focus hasn't changed in that sense.

The way it seems, squad is joining in.

Darn I just read this. I’ve never been this sad in a while. I’ve only been playing since 2017 but this game has changed so much since then. This game has easily been my most played game (nearing 1900 hours) so it’s sad to see it go. Looking forward to KSP2.

Launchpad/runway GUI vessel list, ordered by last modified date could also be helpful. Usually you launch vessels that you just worked on in the editor, right?

I was trying to do the mod for that, but was unable to.

On 6/17/2021 at 12:19 AM, LegendaryAce said:

On the upside, this being the final update means they can focus making one last polished update without worrying that their code won't work on future updates from the PC version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.