Jump to content

KSP Loading...: Getting ready to celebrate!


UomoCapra
 Share

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

It's going to release at 1:00PM EST (10:00AM PST) apparently.

Kopernicus mod team standing by.  All lights are green.

 

Oh wait, that's a frog on my terminal...

Edited by R-T-B
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just watched the KSP 2 trailer and was majorly disappointed. I mean what da f##k, guys? You dare call that a KSP trailer/teaser? There was not a single explosion or implosion! Come on guys, we're used to better stuff. :D

Just kidding, or rather teasing. :D Good job, guys. It's a bit sad to see the development coming to an end. But as you said, it's not really an end. It's just time to move forward. :)

So here's my most important message: Thank you for such a great game and such a long lasting experience. Primarily of course to the developers and the initial creators, but also to the many, many, many big but also small modders who made this game as great as it still is! There are very few games which gave me so much pleasure over such a long time without becoming dull or repetitive.

Edited by caipi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rocketry101 said:

kopernicus will update right?

It was ready to run prior to the launch.  We put a lot of work into an autoadapting codebase that does it's best to just work as long as the changes aren't too major.

It may have bugs that need fixing, but it's already got basic support and launches fine.

Edited by R-T-B
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, R-T-B said:

It was ready to run prior to the launch.  We put a lot of work into an autoadapting codebase that does it's best to just work.

It may have bugs that need fixing, but it's already got basic support and launches fine.

ah ok maybye i will wait to use kopernicus until no gamebreaking bugs are left 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Rocketry101 said:

ah ok maybye i will wait to use kopernicus until no gamebreaking bugs are left 

I will make an official announcement about that soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Until KSP 2. Jeb, Val, Bob, and Bill all will be in KSP 2, right?

They be clones, clones I tell ya.

Hmmm...  I see some photoshopping shenanigans ahead, with KSP and KSP2 crews meeting up, possibly with some "hold my beer" type of bravdo involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, purpleivan said:

Hmmm...  I see some photoshopping shenanigans ahead, with KSP and KSP2 crews meeting up, possibly with some "hold my beer" type of bravdo involved.

That would be another great way to celebrate if there were a YouTube video of it as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 8:06 AM, Dr. Kerbal said:

I now wonder. Is this the last KSP Loading?

I never thought about that.... It very well could be the last.

For KSP2 it's all dev diaries, feature videos, and show and tell's. It's my hope though that Intercept will still do KSP Loading's after release as their way to continue to give us insight on future updates and DLC's even if it's for nothing other than tradition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I hadn't played or even heard of Kerbal Space Program until it kept showing up in my Steam queue after it's 1.0 release - even though I kept clicking "not interested".  As it looked like an indie game aimed at kids, little did I know that it is aimed at kids, the kid that still resides in all of us looking and learning at new things in wonder! I finally, after the umteempth time it showed in my queue, I downloaded the demo - my life hasn't been the same since!
I spent over 40 hours in about 3 days just in the demo - needless to say, I bought the game.  From there, I spent 2 straight days trying to get to Mun and back - finally did it! And promptly realized on reentry that I had forgotten to attach parachutes... From there, I discovered the great Scott Manley who eloquently lays out many of KSP's complexities in a simple to understand way - Thank you Scott Manley! From there, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2021 at 3:52 PM, Jubitka said:

I hadn't played or even heard of Kerbal Space Program until it kept showing up in my Steam queue after it's 1.0 release - even though I kept clicking "not interested".  As it looked like an indie game aimed at kids, little did I know that it is aimed at kids, the kid that still resides in all of us looking and learning at new things in wonder! I finally, after the umteempth time it showed in my queue, I downloaded the demo - my life hasn't been the same since!
I spent over 40 hours in about 3 days just in the demo - needless to say, I bought the game.  From there, I spent 2 straight days trying to get to Mun and back - finally did it! And promptly realized on reentry that I had forgotten to attach parachutes... From there, I discovered the great Scott Manley who eloquently lays out many of KSP's complexities in a simple to understand way - Thank you Scott Manley! From there, 

Scott Manley has been the miracle worker for the community for a VERY long time, his videos are still undoubtedly the gold standard of KSP!

And, indeed, welcome to the forums!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 6/10/2021 at 9:22 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

The game is not 'dying' just because it's releasing its last update. Modding and the community in general will most likely continue long after the release of KSP2.

Think of it not as the ending of a game, but as the beginning of a franchise.

Right.Besides, there will still be a lot more that they will have to still add in KSP2, so this really is just the beginning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...