KSP Loading...: Getting ready to celebrate!

UomoCapra

12 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, or rather move on to the next chapter. So yes, On Final Approach is the last major planned release for Kerbal Space Program

NOOOO KSP IS DEAAAADD

well, it was fun while it lasted.

Krakenspeed, KSP1, kraken speed.

massive terraria vibes

been round since july of 2019, and im planning to go t'ill i die

7 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

It's not dead, it's complete.

it is complete, but i am sad about no more updates...

does this mean modders can work with eachother for unofficial updates?

like KSP (Not) 1.13, Cryo engines update?

i have patented the idea nert if you would like my  blessing DM me

Just now, Souptime said:

does this mean modders can work with eachother for unofficial updates?

A whole lot of vintage games are being modded,

And as KSP-1 is the only one in its class, so probably the only reason to be abandoned is if the modders will prefer KSP-2.

But as it's known nothing about KSP-2, so KSP-1 is not outdated yet.

14 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

10th Anniversary Fireworks!

What better way to celebrate this milestone than to launch bright and colorful fireworks into the air! With this update we will be adding two firework launchers for you to attach to your vehicles - one with 8 bursts, and one with 32 bursts. These pyrotechnic devices will also be highly configurable, with different trail and burst types for you to choose from, as well as the ability to tweak the force, the duration, star size, launch velocity, explosion delay and the colors of the fireworks at any given time. Fill up those canisters and let the party begin!

literally going out with a bang eh...

A big thank you to KSP for being able to exist, and to still exist. So much time to spend on this game, too bad I did not count them I would be dizzy.

At the rendezvous on June 24 to test this new and last update.

And I will continue to play KSP until the release of 2 (so hyped).

Signed: A big fan of the license

PS: Sorry for the average English, you have a Bonjour from a French

6 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

It's not dead, it's complete.

Kids don't seem to understand this concept these days.  Just imagine if we spoke like this for any other product we own.  My chairs have been dead for years and they still work just fine.

Maybe there should be a small redesign on forums to promote and somehow motivate more all the amazing mod creators, i don't know how exactly but

it would be nice to see some added support to the modding community, its going to be a long ride till KSP2 and things like that would definitely ease that transition.

Edited by Serenity

8 minutes ago, Serenity said:

it would be nice to see some added support to the modding community,

There is a modding sub-forum. And other websites host the mods and even ships. Did you have something specific in mind?

To me, it will become like other games, there is a ton of life left and modders will gladly pick up the gauntlet. Now a modder can collaborate with others and make a mega type mod... (As an example, the shockwave mod for C&C Generals, one of MANY examples) without fear that months/years of work will be ruined.

This is actually good news.

Now the development of KSP 2 is getting serious since squad decided to join in.

Now you should rest assured knowing that we would get a game worthy to be a KSP successer.

9 minutes ago, Dientus said:

Did you have something specific in mind?

Yes, like weekly showcasing the best mods and/or crafts on Steam and here, like The Daily Kerbal threads but for mods and creations.

Edited by Serenity

It's been a wild ride, I must thank the devs for all the work they've put in to crafting an experience that revived my interest in Rockets that I had as a toddler and inspired me to pursue a career in Aerospace, a journey which is now well underway. Without you guys, I wouldn't be here. Thank you.

Fire

23 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Maybe there should be a small redesign on forums to promote and somehow motivate more all the amazing mod creators, i don't know how exactly but

it would be nice to see some added support to the modding community, its going to be a long ride till KSP2 and things like that would definitely ease that transition.

Since the game is about to be considered complete, I suspect a ton of dead mods coming back to life.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.