KSP Memorial thread.

Minmus Taster

Naa no memorial. I agree with  @Spaceman.Spiff that even after the last bug fixes are out there will be plenty still playing. And think about it for those who DO mod, it means once you create a mod, you don't have to fight, wrestle, struggle, relearn just to get your mod into the new version. I think there will be a slight "mod-splosion" that will keep KSP kicking for quite a while. It's happened with other games. :grin:

4 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Well this is the beginning of the end, lets face it nobody will regularly play this when 2 is out.

Portable ksp. I'd expect the new one to be a little more resource intensive. Maybe not to much on minimum spec. But for sure with all the shinny turned on. KSP1 can run on Linux. Lunix Can run on a freaking speak'n'spell. (figuratively. Og Speak'n'spell didn't have any IC's) I think Kerbal 1 will have a long life on lower power hardware. Things like cheap laptops and recycled computers. The kinds of things Some disadvantaged students might use. The first time I played it, it was on a recycled mainboard and an Donated spemperion triple core.

4 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

Yeah, but for all the people who dont like mods, they will just quit or lose intrest, since theres nothing NEW to do.

KSP 2 is still a longs way away. KSP is not dying anytime soon

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

Probably not because I cannot find anything on the Internet pertaining to KSP 1.12 being the last update. @Minmus Taster, is KSP no longer being maintained, or was your post simply worded badly?

Read the new KSP Loading post? That’s what this entire discussion is about. 

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

Probably not because I cannot find anything on the Internet pertaining to KSP 1.12 being the last update. @Minmus Taster, is KSP no longer being maintained, or was your post simply worded badly?

Yeah, I didn't see anything about 1.12 being the last update

Hope not...

2 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I worded it badly yeah, it's the last update with any new content:/

3 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Read the new KSP Loading post? That’s what this entire discussion is about. 

It says nothing in regards to 1.12 being the last of anything.

1 minute ago, Minmus Taster said:

I worded it badly yeah, it's the last update with any new content:/

Was it worded badly, or is 1.12 the last with any new content?

2 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Was it worded badly, or is 1.12 the last with any new content?

Just now, LHACK4142 said:

it does

:(

Well I made it sound like it was the last update in general, but last major one, so yes it's worded badly.

Edited by Minmus Taster

1 minute ago, Bej Kerman said:

It says nothing in regards to 1.12 being the last of anything.

I dunno what to tell you man, except read it, then read it again, until you understand it.  If you read nothing else, read the extra big text that says "final update".

34 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Literally look at the first bolded header line. 

I think there’s some nitpickery going on between the last release (1.12) and the last update (1.12.0, 1.12.1, 1.12.2, etc) with the latter specifically not outruled in the article.

Yes, it’s the last release. No, it’s probably not the last update.

23 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Yes, it’s the last release. No, it’s probably not the last update.

The post did continue to say the only thing planned after this update were bug fixes

Copied and pasted from original post:

". Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, or rather move on to the next chapter. So yes, On Final Approach is the last major planned release for Kerbal Space Program. While there may still be occasional minor updates to address bug fixes as needed, Squad’s efforts will now shift towards joining Intercept Games in the development of Kerbal Space Program 2."

But it's very clear to me that there will be no further development for KSP from Squad since they appear to be joining Intercept Games.

It's hard to explain the feelings, you never expect to see "final update" (excluding bug fixes of course) when you enter the forum... yet, here it is.

Of course, the game isn't dying, i'd say it's very active specially for a "10 year, old not that popular game"!

But, of course, one day, inevitably, the last player will close the game, and never open it. Yet, the game will be imortalized by what was inspired by it, be it new games, stories... even people actually becoming astronauts!

I'd say KSP might be an important game for our future, since having more people interested in spaceflight is always a good thing!

5 hours ago, snkiz said:

KSP1 can run on Linux. Lunix Can run on a freaking speak'n'spell.

KSP runs on Linux.

Linux runs on wireless routers.

Therefore, you can run KSP on wireless routers.

Not really how it works.  I used to run KSP on low-spec (and 32-bit!!) computers but it just plain outgrew them all.  Mostly it's the CPU and memory requirements that did so, not the graphics.

Edited by Corona688

7 hours ago, LHACK4142 said:

Yeah, I didn't see anything about 1.12 being the last update

Hope not...

"So yes, On Final Approach is the last major planned release for Kerbal Space Program. While there may still be occasional minor updates to address bug fixes as needed, Squad’s efforts will now shift towards joining Intercept Games in the development of Kerbal Space Program 2."

It is written right there in the post.

8 hours ago, Corona688 said:

Therefore, you can run KSP on wireless routers

that might be a stretch. We aren't talking Doom here. /s I know hyperbole but not far off. If Unity can run on  a switch, there's hope.

43 minutes ago, snkiz said:

that might be a stretch. We aren't talking Doom here. /s I know hyperbole but not far off. If Unity can run on  a switch, there's hope.

That's about the same stretch of logic.  Barely related to the actual requirements of KSP.

4 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

That's about the same stretch of logic.  Barely related to the actual requirements of KSP.

You need to take me less seriously in most situations. My brain is sponsored by WarerBros.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.