How do you know if the staging lock is toggled on or off?

Hi KSP colleagues,

I just discovered the handy safety precaution of being able to lock the space bar so that you don't accidentally carry out an unplanned staging -- namely, you use Alt-L.  Very good.

But sometimes I find that I cannot keep track of whether I have toggled the staging lock on or off.

Is there a way to know?

Thank you.

Stanley

Hi KSP colleagues,

Sometimes I find that the staging lock -- activated by Alt-L -- freezes.  In other words, sometimes I cannot disengage the lock, and thus I have trouble deploying a new stage.

Has anyone else encountered this situation?  Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you.

Stanley

It’s #5454.   Reading the comments, it apparently was determined to be ‘not a bug’.   The bug popped up in the past most often following a quick load.   One workaround was to hit Alt-L twice.

I wonder why they are not calling it a bug.  I think it's a bug.

Hitting Alt-L twice is not solving it.  Thank you for the suggestion 18Watt, but it's not working.  I am trying both the left and the right Alt key.

Edited by MetricKerbalist

On 6/15/2021 at 1:26 PM, MetricKerbalist said:

I wonder why they are not calling it a bug.  I think it's a bug.

Hitting Alt-L twice is not solving it.  Thank you for the suggestion 18Watt, but it's not working.  I am trying both the left and the right Alt key.

I used to have the same problem with not being able to unlock my staging, regardless of how many times I hit Alt-L. What would fix it for me was switching to another vessel and then switching back. It ultimately ceased to be a problem for me because I finally learned  first not to hit the staging button prematurely and second always to hit f5 before doing anything potentially dangerous. It seems to me that the latter of these things would especially help you, unless you have decided to start your KSP experience by playing a no-save hard career game, which is something even I won't try with thousands of hours of game time because of all the deadly bugs lurking where you least expect them.

Edited by herbal space program

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.