Hey there!

Gamera Obscura

I'm not really new to KSP or these forums, but I don't think I ever made an account to post stuff before for some reason. Anyway, I've been playing since 0.23, but had stepped away for a couple years because of that pesky thing called "life". It was a pity because I just finally gotten good at building spaceplanes (it took only 4 years...) and even built a few SSTOs. I've recently come back only to find myself several major updates behind. However, I found getting back into the game surprisingly easy and feel like I understand some things even better than I did back then. I'm far from being an expert, but give me enough boosters and I'll take you anywhere you want go. Trips to Eve are one way only though.

I saw that this game was finally getting its last big update and felt compelled to join so I could  be around when KSP2 finally launches. It's crazy to think I've been playing KSP since my son was an infant and now he's old enough to appreciate it when I make things blow up on purpose for his amusement.

16 hours ago, Gamera Obscura said:

It's crazy to think I've been playing KSP since my son was an infant and now he's old enough to appreciate it when I make things blow up on purpose for his amusement.

Don't blame KSP for that! These kids grow up so quickly these days! :cool:

And welcome to the Forums!

16 hours ago, Gamera Obscura said:

Trips to Eve are one way only though.

They don't have to stay that way. Electric propellers from the BG DLC make returning from Eve's surface much easier. ("Easier" not "easy" though!)

18 hours ago, Gamera Obscura said:

It's crazy to think I've been playing KSP since my son was an infant and now he's old enough to appreciate it when I make things blow up on purpose for his amusement.

This is the way...

Welcome to the forums. The fun is just beginning. Fly safe.

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone. Browsing the posts here and there over the years, I was always impressed with how friendly and supportive the KSP community is. I really don't know why I never made the leap from lurker to active member before.