Mod/Utility teaser - Cornucopia.

Cornucopia - Opesource part lister for KSP.

eUOIMaX.jpg

Hello all, so for the past few weeks ive been busy working on this app that lists all parts in GameData in a tree mode, making them easily searchable...

Il let the image do the bulk of the talking, since it should be pretty intuitive as to how it works.

So far what you see is all working, im currently working on optimizing it for 1080p mode, since i developed it at a 4k compatible size. Also i need to finalize and comment the code since that will be released along side every version, and i will also correlate all the assets sources, since i remade most in game icons at much larger sizes to accommodate larger resolutions.

Note: It doesn't make any changes to part files, it merely parses them and places them at your fingertips.

Anyway, since i dumped so much time in to this, and i can finally see the finish line on the project, i thought i may as well share this little preview with you all, in the hope for some feedback and questions. Please be aware though, i haven't been programming long, having only started to learn around 6 months ago, also, this is my first post here on KSP forum, please be gentle!

Something i realized early on, extracting a parts title from a .cfg is an utter nightmare, since more often than not, they will return something like:

title = #autoLOC_500385

This is for the sake of localization off course, after some trying though i worked out it was just a matter of making an index of all the localization's into a more accessible .INI type file, this way i was easily able the correctly retrieve the full titles and present them in the tree view.

Since i wanted to show an easily browseable tree view on launch, the first launch builds an index of any found localisaion's, which is used from then on-wards, or until the part count changes. All other information like, mass, cost etc, is read on a per click basis as a part is selected from the tree/filtered list view, which also means any change made to those will show up the next time you click the part, since they are re-read every time.

I hope that makes some kind of sense.

Example of tree view with full names:

Spoiler

pQGShVn.png

Heres a list of every part without a category on my test rig:

Spoiler

NYBKMe4.png

Perhaps in the future i could add a dropdown list to be able to set these, but for now i want to focus on retrieving/presenting the information accurately.

Edited by 001
Literaly for learning how edits work here, also to add some more example pics!

just curious does the tool has dark mode/dark skin? some applications follow windows 10 dark mode setting like browsers to automatically set different skin.

If you want to develop further, I would suggest an  advanced/developer mode where allow would check what properties changed by which module manager patch. Good way to troubleshoot wild mmpatch causing issues than reading super large mmcache.

Also, allow outputting selected part list for developer to troubleshoot if there are some extra module added by other mods in the part causing problem.

Edited by ssd21345

Looking forward to adding this to my mods-list! Just a small question regarding the mod, does it only act as a parts list to check on information regarding specific parts or can you modify parts lists by moving or deleting parts. I know a couple of old mods I play with have parts that are no longer compatible and while I can just go into the mod's folders and delete the parts manually a tool to help do this would be extremely helpful. If this isn't the case I'm still looking forward to your first release. Good luck!

18 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

just curious does the tool has dark mode/dark skin?

I hate the white mode myself, and so made provisions in the code to set the main colours/colors easily, however i wasnt able to se the default scroll bar colour, in the future i might write some custom scroll bar code or perhaps a way to scroll using mouse only, but for now i just want to get it all running.

6 hours ago, NovAlpha said:

does it only act as a parts list to check on information regarding specific parts or can you modify parts lists by moving or deleting parts

For now, i intend for it to just list parts, and present them in an easily browesable manner, however the intention is that this will be used by mod makers to be able to included with mods to make changes to various things with the parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.