What sort of "Fluff" things would you like to see in colonies?

i.e. a big statue of a kerbal, or "Insert haha funny reference"

i'd like to see a soup bowl, or a miniature figure of you colony that would update every time you colony does

Im also wondering if colonies can be destructable

For references to the Apollo program and other reasons I would love to be able to create a miniature golf course using stock parts with the added "fluff feature" of a golf-putt to launch golf balls into craters or at other objects in your colony. Who knows, maybe you could even play golf with your friends in co-op or create golf courses that could be uploaded to the Steam workshop? I know this does sound pretty ridiculous and more like a mod idea rather than an actual feature, but its the little things that make the experience memorable!

4 hours ago, Souptime said:

i.e. a big statue of a kerbal, or "Insert haha funny reference"

i'd like to see a soup bowl, or a miniature figure of you colony that would update every time you colony does

Just the return of the 'Squad Monolith' really. I know it's not made by Squad, but I always loved those unique little secrets on all the planets and moons.

Messy rooms

The buildings seem to have glass windows and the cockpits are allowing us to look inside to see the kerbs a lot more clearly. I think it would be cool to have this with the buildings seeing them wander about. I also think it would be funny if they introduced statues you could place around colonies commemorating kerbals but all the statues are copy-paste of one another with the only difference being the tiny name plaque as a little joke of how all KSP 1 kerbals look the same.

Edited by mcwaffles2003

45 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I also think it would be funny if they introduced statues you could place around colonies commemorating kerbals but all the statues are copy-paste of one another with the only difference being the tiny name plaque as a little joke of how all KSP 1 kerbals look the same.

Except that the Kerbals in KSP 2 actually look different. Although, for KSP 1, I do kinda want the OG 4 vets to look how they did in the first, because it would be wrong to look any other way.

Although, perhaps with a normally-sized plaque, the text is likely going to be custom, so you could really pull some funny stuff like: 

Kathby Kerman
(5 - 19 U.T.)
"She was just built different."

Edited by intelliCom

Just now, mcwaffles2003 said:

That's what makes it a joke...

But it wouldn't look like a joke, it would just seem like the developers are trying to save resources by not having different-looking statues. 

1 hour ago, intelliCom said:

Just the return of the 'Squad Monolith' really. I know it's not made by Squad, but I always loved those unique little secrets on all the planets and moons.

Yes, not neccesarily a 'monolith', although it is an appropriate thing, but something that does the 'same job'...   As in  mysterious/ancient artifacts dotted about the universe to find, that encourage us to explore.

Wind sock if there is directional wind.

Landing lights like at real airports.

Beacon lights, strobe lights.

Ability to remove surface scatter and repaint surface as if there was gravel put down.

Permanent kerbal/rover tracks in places with no atmosphere.

Lawn chairs and lawn flamingos. Found lying by the side of the road, of course.

Garbage dump? Not everything is recyclable. Where else was all that stuff found lying by the side of the road coming from, anyway?

Homesick Kerbals staring longingly into the stars...

But seriously, quality interior flavor items for your explorable interiors could be a good revenue plan for the company that doesn't advantage one player over another, but adds to the experience in an optional way.

Edited by TLTay
Edit

7 hours ago, Souptime said:

I believe this has been confirmed somewhere (and the trailer depicts some buildings being destroyed at the end).

1 hour ago, TLTay said:

Colony interiors, even though I don't think we are getting them.

I would also like to have colony interiors and perhaps have the ability to customize the domes (e.g. add internal buildings like dorms, a cafeteria, etc.). I hope there's a mod for this (or maybe a DLC later) if we don't get them.

It would also be cool to be able to create hangars (I don't know if it will be possible with the current colony parts).

Edited by The Physics Engineer
Added extra idea.

- Nursery modules with artificial tide pools full of Kerblings that look like little green mudskippers. 

- Crops in greenhouses that look like popcorn on the cob, waffle cone broccoli, candy-cotton, etc. 

- Kerbal pets. Some unique ones can only be found on Laythe and in other star systems.   

13 hours ago, The Physics Engineer said:

I believe this has been confirmed somewhere (and the trailer depicts some buildings being destroyed at the end).

hmm yes nuke time

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed that colony buildings will be destructible. I hope they count as the same kind of thing as vessels so that I can knock over a building and then launch it into space or turn it into a huge rover. Bonus points if KSC itself abides by the same rules. I know we can build VABs on other planets in KSP2, but bringing the VAB would have a whole different energy. I'm also hoping that colony parts can be used in spacecraft editor or vice versa, mostly for the same reasons.

23 hours ago, Zacspace said:

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed that colony buildings will be destructible. I hope they count as the same kind of thing as vessels so that I can knock over a building and then launch it into space or turn it into a huge rover. Bonus points if KSC itself abides by the same rules. I know we can build VABs on other planets in KSP2, but bringing the VAB would have a whole different energy. I'm also hoping that colony parts can be used in spacecraft editor or vice versa, mostly for the same reasons.

I doubt the KSC will work that way (movable parts), it will probably just be destructible but static to the terrain. As for [ground] colony parts being used in ships, that will be interesting. Maybe if they're not available in the VAB we could grab them with the claw or hope for a mod that enables their use inside the VAB. It would be nice to have a S&T about the BAE.