KSP2 Suggestion: The ability to command other Kerbals to do something

In KSP, you can control one Kerbal at a time and when you time wrap they just standing there starting at nothing. Funny thing is that I once left Valentina on Minmus for two whole years in her suit standing still staring at nothing. 

It would be cool if you can set each Kerbal to do something, such as patrol around the base ( and maybe gain some science ) or command them to take cargo and store it in other cargo space. Cooler even if you can set it to repair anything in proximity and they just repair anything damaged. Overall, I want to see other Kerbals do something other than sitting inside the base and just standing still when you leave them. 

On 6/16/2021 at 8:27 PM, W1NTR1NSIX said:

Funny thing is that I once left Valentina on Minmus for two whole years in her suit standing still staring at nothing. 

An ideal girlfriend.

Cooler even if you can set it to repair anything in proximity and they just repair anything damaged.

As there is no need to show Kerbals when you don't see them, it's equal to the part self-regeneration if a Kerbal is placed around.

Overall, I want to see other Kerbals do something other than sitting inside the base and just standing still when you leave them. 

Idle animation sequences.

• 2 weeks later...

At the very least the option to order a "follow me"

Then you could cycle through them collect parts for setup, like in breaking ground, and order them all come with you on a long hike, up a ridge, with a dangerous cliff....

... and...

setup the base or fall down the cliff together

Seems like it's perfectly doable to tell a kerbal to drive to a specific location and preferably at a specific speed. Would be awesome for mobile bases, specially on Moho where you can be left in the dark for several days if you stay in one place.

On 6/16/2021 at 1:27 PM, W1NTR1NSIX said:

In KSP, you can control one Kerbal at a time and when you time wrap they just standing there starting at nothing. Funny thing is that I once left Valentina on Minmus for two whole years in her suit standing still staring at nothing. 

It would be cool if you can set each Kerbal to do something, such as patrol around the base ( and maybe gain some science ) or command them to take cargo and store it in other cargo space. Cooler even if you can set it to repair anything in proximity and they just repair anything damaged. Overall, I want to see other Kerbals do something other than sitting inside the base and just standing still when you leave them. 

Seriously, so cool. I want like, a captain kerbal that you can rightclick on kerbals with, and have them build things like a small outpost or a entire IKEA-style rover.