KSP 2 Marketing Push by End of Year

21 minutes ago, Dientus said:

For me I don't think about it quite so much as "blind hype" as it is that I just want to see what the developers are aiming for gameplay wise. To elaborate, will there be any strategy, what level of management will there be, will there be what I consider tedious grind in it, will there be an end game (by this I mean comparable to No Man's sky) or will it stay open-ended as KSP is, and will the developers vision of the game match my own and make me wish to buy it?

There are games that I have been duped by through (my view) misleading glimpses into what their game is. And I have purchased games based upon the previous original where it turns out the sequel was not near as good gameplay wise.

You're right. Cyberpunk is a good example where time was wasted creating a type of "gameplay peek" that could have been better spent on the game itself. That is definitely something I would like to not happen with KSP2. But because they are games on different levels I suspect that Intercept Games would not attempt such a farce, though I could be wrong.

You get none of that with 10 minutes of gameplay.

At best you would get a glimpse of the flight UI and half a good look of the part of the VAB they'll use, and a general idea of the level of polish they put in that specific cherry picked slice.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see the actual game in action, but I'm not trying to rationalize it, I just want to see the game, I really doubt we'll get anything more on their design philosophy compared to what they already said or written here.

There are a crapton of gameplay loops we haven't seen yet: comnet, mapping, prospecting, resource collection, base building, colony management, tech progression, colony progression, part manufacturing, extraplanetary VAB requirements, orbital colony logistics, energy production, heat management and I could go on for hours.

Any single of those one could be a deal-breaker for some of us and unless the gameplay video is hours long you won't get a clear idea of even one of those things while a good well written blog post could tackle half of those in a single page.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

I would like there to be a show and tell of un edited gameplay. No ceinmatic or montage. With UI and everything. From biulding to flying from saving to loading from crashing from everything you can do in KSP2 with flying and biulding

Yes, yes yes! This will probably come shortly before release, but it would be great. Too many trailer and sneak peaks are just highlight clips showing no UI or gameplay. My favorite thing we have seen is the VAB gameplay, which is the only time we have seen a human being playing the game (or a showcase idk).

Just now, Master39 said:

You get none of that with 10 minutes of gameplay.

At best you would get a glimpse of the flight UI and half a good look of the part of the VAB they'll use, and a general idea of the level of polish they put in that specific cherry picked slice.

That is very true and speaking for myself I would be happy with just that. I definitely realize that there is literally a ton of things just not ready, or not ready enough in its current state. To expand on this, 

3 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Any single of those one could be a deal-breaker for some of us and unless the gameplay video is hours long you won't get a clear idea of even one of those things while a good well written blog post could tackle half of those in a single page.

Again I concede this point. That is why we likely won't see anything close to what most would consider ideal as far as a "sneak peek" goes. No need to have people jumping ship over assumptions before its necessary (Production and Sales point of view)

And because of that.... This \/

6 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see the actual game in action, but I'm not trying to rationalize it, I just want to see the game, I really doubt we'll get anything more on their design philosophy compared to what they already said or written here.

However at the end of the day, even though it may very well be like asking for the Mun itself, I want to see the game too. Hopefully enough sabre rattling will draw out tidbits to give me better ideas than the ones I have now.

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

There'd be a lot less disappointment if we didn't hype but looked at what we have with logic and realistic expectations. Chances are KSP 2 will be successful, but if it isn't and everyone riots, just remember I said that.

Point is, a 10 minute gameplay demonstrating that yes, a professional development studio is capable of making an indie game look better won't prove anything and won't change the situation. I don't think the technical side of the game was ever at doubt, like someone said regarding load times in another thread it's probably harder to make something work worse than some parts of KSP than it is to make something better with proper professionals and the benefit of hindsight.

Again, the podcast interview contains more information that all of the rest of the footage and screenshots they released ever since, and some blogposts with information on how the critical gameplay loops around progression and the new features would help setting realistic expectations a lot more than a full Mun mission (which already is between 3 and 6 times the proposed 10 minutes).

If anything a gameplay video wouldn't be that much different from a cinematic in pumping hype without giving too much information.

At this point I've seen the art style and the UI design and whatever gameplay they show is not going to be representative of how the game will perform in its final form in a year from now (either for it being a messy alpha or a handcrafted unrealistically good  slice of fake gameplay) what I personally what to see read is explanation behind mechanics and how deep and complex some things are going to be and it's terribly time consuming and generally inefficient to deliver such information with gameplay videos.  How things are going to work is much more important than how they're going to look.

13 hours ago, Master39 said:

...or a handcrafted unrealistically good  slice of fake gameplay) what I personally what to see read is explanation behind mechanics and how deep and complex some things are going to be and it's terribly time consuming...

I still want to see KSP 2 running live on an average machine. I really don't get what T2 has to lose here.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

I still want to see KSP 2 running live on an average machine. I really don't get what T2 has to lose here.

Until the game is close to ready a genuine slice of gameplay might not be possible probably. Simply put, the game isn't ready for gameplay that is representative of what the finished product will be. What they have to lose is misguiding us in what the final version may look like. Only 2 months ago they showed us the progress they've made in visualizing orbits... I mean, I'm with you and I hope to see some gameplay too, but the fact that they haven't shown any probably means they don't have much to show yet in a cohesive manner. Until we get that gameplay demonstration though, I hope the devs start to actually divulge their intentions for the new things KSP 2 will bring us. Some more short snippets would be nice and we'll probably get them in the next episode.

As for running it on an average machine, I don't want to see the game in its mediocre state, I want to see it at its best when it's revealed. This game needs to be ready to stand the test of time for 10+ years.