1.12 Early Look Live Stream

StarSlay3r

Can someone be a champ and convert that to GMT-x? I am way too tired at the moment. 

Starts in 22 mins I think. 

Also notifications are broken. Even though I am following this section it never notifies me when new content is posted. Just happened to stumble across it by chance. 

Edited by MechBFP

5 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

One question that the stream didn't address: when will 1.12.1 be ready ;)

As the thread is about 1.12 Early Look...

Early Look... A day before the release...

So, probably 1.12.0 is pre-alpha, and the 1.12.1 will be completed after the weekend of user screams responses, on Monday.

Then beta 1.12.2 by the end of the year.

And finally, 1.12.3 on next June, to fill the pause before the 2.0.

Yes, it's bittersweet, but I for one welcome the news!  I've kind of wound up staying away from Kerbal lately because of how much work it takes to keep it and all my mods up to date, without losing my many tweaks and customizations (to both the base game and the mods).  I'm hopeful with the game reaching a destination I'll get to spend more time playing and less time maintaining.  And I'm sure there will still be one or two more minor bugfix releases.

Yes, I realize now that for several years I've been craving a definitive, complete version of KSP. I'll take my time to carefully select a range of mods, then actually begin a proper exploration program. That's something I've never got done in ten years of playing this game, because I play so slowly the game updates before I get anywhere.

2 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

Yes, it's bittersweet, but I for one welcome the news!  I've kind of wound up staying away from Kerbal lately because of how much work it takes to keep it and all my mods up to date, without losing my many tweaks and customizations (to both the base game and the mods).  I'm hopeful with the game reaching a destination I'll get to spend more time playing and less time maintaining.  And I'm sure there will still be one or two more minor bugfix releases.

19 minutes ago, White Owl 2 said:

Yes, I realize now that for several years I've been craving a definitive, complete version of KSP. I'll take my time to carefully select a range of mods, then actually begin a proper exploration program. That's something I've never got done in ten years of playing this game, because I play so slowly the game updates before I get anywhere.

That's why you should always stick to the versions you like. For example I still play 1.3.1 because of some mods that I liked, and now some 1.8.1 or 1.10.1 sometimes for the same reason. Gotta admit 1.10.1 is nice and I might stick to this for a while before I dive into 1.12.X

2 hours ago, White Owl 2 said:

I hear you and agree.  I already have my idea of mods though.   My Simplex TechTree, Simplex Resources and Simplex Kerbalism... and Restock Plus and some quality of life mods too.

I heard on one of the streams that the new docking port alignment feature causes autostruts to stop functioning across docking ports. Can anyone please confirm that this is the case?

If so, is this not considered a bit short sighted when considering builds like large orbital stations or interplanetary craft where they are typically long with lots of docking port connections or have complex arrangements? I can see a lot of users loading up their preexisting, large vessels and seeing their craft go all wobbly and krakenstrike into oblivion.