Kerbal Space Program 1.12: "On Final Approach" Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

4 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Make sure to verify your files in Steam, as I just updated from 1.11.2 to 1.12 and it found 49 files that failed to validate, so something is fishy.

Did that fix the maneuver planner issues you were having before, or did it just stop the game from crashing?

7 minutes ago, 610yesnolovely said:

That's quite a bug! These past ten years we didn't actually need to build any rockets. :lol:

That was a real thing for Gilly. I had been known to take advantage of it. Sometimes on purpose. And then sometimes by accident when being a little too impatient moving around on the surface. :-)

29 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

I also managed to crash the game by being in the Sun's orbit, with a maneuver node created to circularize at EVE, and then when into the Maneuver Planner and selected "MANEUVER 1" and then selected Moho and then it hung at calculating for awhile and then crashed. Can't remember if it crashed on its own or if I tried to re-select Moho because it was stuck at calculating.

No error message or anything just straight dump to desktop.

EDIT: Player.log contains the following at the end of the file:

Reveal hidden contents

Real-time resumed. Current UT is: 14452077.5. TgtUT Error is -19.5411s. (Undershot)
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Unpacking Lander
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[AsteroidSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)

Packing Lander for orbit

[AsteroidSpawner]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. BTN-445!

Unpacking Lander

[AsteroidSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)

[TransferMath]:  Root method values cannot bracket the root.

EDIT 2: Verified my files and it found 49 files that failed to validate, so I think Steam is being bad...

Please file a bug report, so the devs will see it.

I've found all the new launch sites on Kerbin as well as the intriguingly titled "Anniversary02", yet there's no sign of Anniversary01 (or 00) on Kerbin (using SCANsat to find them so I can set position cheat my way to each. I actually flew all the way out to one and managed to completely miss it in the dark...

Next up- search each planet and moon for new anomalies!

When SCREENSHOT_SUPERSIZE is set to greater than zero, the game disables the UI when taking screenshots with F1 (then enables back). So screenshots appear without UI.

As far as I understand and as its not mentioned in the changelog, I presume this is a Unity thing.

We need UI in screenshots.

15 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Did that fix the maneuver planner issues you were having before, or did it just stop the game from crashing?

Not sure, haven't been able to try it enough to know. I tried recreating the same steps and it didn't crash, but the crash may have been random, I didn't try to reproduce it before verifying files.

10 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I've found all the new launch sites on Kerbin as well as the intriguingly titled "Anniversary02", yet there's no sign of Anniversary01 (or 00) on Kerbin (using SCANsat to find them so I can set position cheat my way to each. I actually flew all the way out to one and managed to completely miss it in the dark...

Next up- search each planet and moon for new anomalies!

Pictures?

... I have to wait until my must-have-mods have updated to 1.12

So I hope the guys around Waterfall, Spectra, Eve Redux and Stockalike station parts expansion redux are getting ready to upgrade their masterpieces.... can't really wait... hope the updates come soooooon. :0.0:;):confused:

Edited by Rakete

3 minutes ago, Rakete said:

... I have to wait until my must-have-mods have updated to 1.12

So I hope the guys around Waterfall, Spectra, Eve Redux and Stockalike station parts expansion redux are getting ready to upgrade their masterpieces.... can't really wait... hope the updates come soooooon. :0.0:;):confused:

eh, i just wait for a mod to break before i update it

well i guess that wont happen anymore :(

25 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

All in one minute update video:

oh yeah the ground anchor isnt gonna be added until 1.12.1 cuz they werent ready to release it, more info at the bottom of the OP

2 minutes ago, Souptime said:

oh yeah the ground anchor isnt gonna be added until 1.12.1 cuz they werent ready to release it, more info at the bottom of the OP

Found out, thanks for telling me

1 minute ago, Souptime said:

eh, i just wait for a mod to break before i update it

well i guess that wont happen anymore :(

We are now at the point where when we talk about stuff that happens when we update the game, it is irrelavant(I think I spelled that wrong). 

28 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Pictures?

I won't spoil it by giving away the locations (yet...) but here are the new launch sites and the new Kerbin anomaly:

Very far west:

tPm804R.png

Furthest south:

UVsDG6O.png

Nearest the KSC:

Uj7ybgo.png

Furthest north:

NLg3MCs.png

And hidden in a mountain valley near the Badlands:

tSilQxS.png

I'm off to find every anomaly in the game, hopefully with some new ones thrown in! The crashed Sputnik is called "Anniversary02" so I need to find out where the others are.

1 minute ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I won't spoil it by giving away the locations (yet...) but here are the new launch sites and the new Kerbin anomaly:

Very far west:

tPm804R.png

Furthest south:

UVsDG6O.png

Nearest the KSC:

Uj7ybgo.png

Furthest north:

NLg3MCs.png

And hidden in a mountain valley near the Badlands:

tSilQxS.png

I'm off to find every anomaly in the game, hopefully with some new ones thrown in! The crashed Sputnik is called "Anniversary02" so I need to find out where the others are.

Nice. Can you give me the cords for the launch sites please? 
Have a thread for that 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.