Kerbal Space Program 1.12: "On Final Approach" Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

Downloaded, installed and quick launch test completed.

Now I'll go to bed and tomorrow it's Midsummer's eve and I'm Swedish so I better stay away from KSP (don't drink and fly, unless it's EvE).

But on Saturday, probably not very early, I'll start tinkering.

Thanks Squad :)

Edited by Curveball Anders

11 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Let the era of mods begin!

Has this not been the case since like  forever?

But in all somberness, I really appreciate your work @SQUAD, and want to thank @HarvesteR again for the vision he had, and everyone who has continued to work on this game.

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit

22 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I won't spoil it by giving away the locations (yet...) but here are the new launch sites and the new Kerbin anomaly:

Very far west

I'm off to find every anomaly in the game, hopefully with some new ones thrown in! The crashed Sputnik is called "Anniversary02" so I need to find out where the others are.

Good luck!

29 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I won't spoil it by giving away the locations (yet...) but here are the new launch sites and the new Kerbin anomaly:

Very far west:

tPm804R.png

Furthest south:

UVsDG6O.png

Nearest the KSC:

Uj7ybgo.png

Furthest north:

NLg3MCs.png

And hidden in a mountain valley near the Badlands:

tSilQxS.png

I'm off to find every anomaly in the game, hopefully with some new ones thrown in! The crashed Sputnik is called "Anniversary02" so I need to find out where the others are.

Well, no new runways? I hoped for some new places to fire up my SSTO-Spaceplane-Family or to comute between. Well new launchpads are alright too, I think. But new runways would have been the cherry on my dessert.

Edited by Rakete

23 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Nice!

I hate that I am at work with all this goodness happening :sob:

I've just noticed something odd with the Dart aerospike- when I stage the engine to turn it on the sound plays as if it's burning at full power, even though it isn't; toggling the engine off and on again stops it, as does throttling the engine, I haven't checked with other engines yet.

5 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I've just noticed something odd with the Dart aerospike- when I stage the engine to turn it on the sound plays as if it's burning at full power, even though it isn't; toggling the engine off and on again stops it, as does throttling the engine, I haven't checked with other engines yet.

Reproducable? Then please file a bug ticket, so that the devs can fix this.

A decade of KSP, and I’ve been here for most of that! It’s safe to say my understanding of orbital mechanics and real life space missions has been vastly enhanced by KSP.

I guess I only have two things to say here. Congratulations! Also, thank you.

I guess we got a new unity version again, so to anyone playing on Linux: the dreaded mouse-wheel inversion bug is around again. (Maybe not so much dreaded but - at least to me - more amusing.) I already opened bug report: #28028, feel free to up-vote that. ;)

The discussion of this "feature" in 1.8 - including a workaround for the most annoying effects - can be found here:

P.S. To anyone who doesn't want to read the old discussion(s): it is apparently a bug in the Linux implementation of Unity, that was straight forward enough to fix that it was fixed in 1.8.1.

3 hours ago, EchoLima said:

Found some possible bugs.

Bug 1: When in the VAB, mousing over a parts PAW menu causes the part to disappear. This occurs only for a few parts, and only when it is the new root part. It happened with the Probodobodyne Rovemate and HECS 2.

Bug 2: The default KSP flag does not appear correctly on the Mk1-3 command pod.

Is anyone else seeing these?

Seeing both of them. 

12 minutes ago, Jack Mcslay said:

I'm trying to download from the main site and I'm getting a 403 error, anyone else having this problem? All other downloads - expansions and language patches are working fine.

Well, one would expect that their site doesn't have unlimited bandwidth ...

It will sort itself out, and 1.12.1 has already been confirmed ;)

great update. i just tested the alarm clock and compared it with the mod.

a transfer from duna to kerbin:

- mod was 100d ahead and i was able to make a perfect and efficient way back

- new alarm clock widget scheduled the transferwindow 100d after the mod and i needed double the deltaV as on the window with the mod

it seems that there is still something off. maybe it fixable with a hotfix.

the maneuver node widget looks good but i havent got much to test that for now.

i love the new update. i think this are 2 things that we needed. but they have to be correct that we can trust on that. the comparsion of the alarm clock widget with the mod gave alot of different values for the same actions in the same save.

and around dres i got alot oft crash to desktops

Thanks so much to everybody who worked and contributed to KSP over the last 12 10 years!

Thanks for all the booms!  Looking forward to many more :D

Edited by micha

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

Reproducable? Then please file a bug ticket, so that the devs can fix this.

Reproduced for a number of engines, bug raised.

On an unrelated note- can fireworks be linked to a KAL controller to control their timing? If so, bring on the choreographed firework shows!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.