Kerbal Space Program 1.12: "On Final Approach" Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

On 8/23/2021 at 8:28 AM, Hohmannson said:

Any thoughts on how to unlock 4 hidden launchsites on Kerbin from the start? With an option, or mods, maybe.

Find the coordinates.  Can't recall them off the top of my head, but 'spoilers' on here somewhere should help with that.

Then just Alt+F12  > 'Set Position' a kerbal to the location.

great update. i just tested the alarm clock and compared it with the mod.

a transfer from duna to kerbin:

- mod was 100d ahead and i was able to make a perfect and efficient way back

- new alarm clock widget scheduled the transferwindow 100d after the mod and i needed double the deltaV as on the window with the mod

it seems that there is still something off. maybe it fixable with a hotfix.

the maneuver node widget looks good but i havent got much to test that for now.

i love the new update. i think this are 2 things that we needed. but they have to be correct that we can trust on that. the comparsion of the alarm clock widget with the mod gave alot of different values for the same actions in the same save.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a bug that gives you massive amounts of funds and science? I just loaded up a relatively fresh career save that I had not played in a couple of weeks and I'm sitting on 3.3 million funds and 631 science, while not having purchased a single 160 science node, still missing 3 90 science nodes and with the only facility fully upgraded being the astronaut complex. While I can't remember where I left it, I can't really imagine having had that many funds or science without spending anything - and I also have only collected science data from Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/1/2021 at 12:55 PM, Jubitka said:

great update. i just tested the alarm clock and compared it with the mod.

a transfer from duna to kerbin:

- mod was 100d ahead and i was able to make a perfect and efficient way back

- new alarm clock widget scheduled the transferwindow 100d after the mod and i needed double the deltaV as on the window with the mod

it seems that there is still something off. maybe it fixable with a hotfix.

the maneuver node widget looks good but i havent got much to test that for now.

i love the new update. i think this are 2 things that we needed. but they have to be correct that we can trust on that. the comparsion of the alarm clock widget with the mod gave alot of different values for the same actions in the same save.

I'd like to find a way to completely disable the built in alarm clock...for some reason, it frequently puts up erroneous alerts...like I was driving a rover on the Mun, and I got an alert that the rover I was driving was about to enter Kerbin's atmosphere!

4 minutes ago, Michel Bartolone said:

I'd like to find a way to completely disable the built in alarm clock...for some reason, it frequently puts up erroneous alerts...like I was driving a rover on the Mun, and I got an alert that the rover I was driving was about to enter Kerbin's atmosphere!

So alerts without any alarms that have been set? Got a screenshot, and/or a save file?

3 hours ago, Anth12 said:

So alerts without any alarms that have been set? Got a screenshot, and/or a save file?

No...I usually can't get a screen shot, because it usually happens while I'm in the middle of doing something important and just need to get the alarm out of the way, but it happens often enough that I can probably set up to capture it and then roll back.

14 hours ago, Anth12 said:

series of screen shots with descriptive names are available here: https://www.dropbox.com/t/9w0Fxvf5N7O6P3wU

Note with those screen shots...I did NOT create _any_ alarms during this (now reverted) flight.
Something in the built-in alarm clock is automatically generating the alarms. I'd prefer to not
have that happen, especially that last one, because as you can see from the other screen shots, 
nothing was left in orbit, the active ship, which the alarm is about, is in orbit of the Mun, and nowhere
near Kerbin's atmosphere.

Edited by Michel Bartolone

23 minutes ago, Michel Bartolone said:

Note with those screen shots...I did NOT create _any_ alarms during this (now reverted) flight.

Screenshot 2 with "entering atmosphere ofKerbin" 

You didn't add something like that into the Kerbal Alarm Clock at some point? 

A conflict with KAC

The stock alarm will add an automatic maneuver if you use the transfer window  but it wouldn't state as just the name of the craft.

4 hours ago, Anth12 said:

Screenshot 2 with "entering atmosphere ofKerbin" 

You didn't add something like that into the Kerbal Alarm Clock at some point? 

A conflict with KAC

The stock alarm will add an automatic maneuver if you use the transfer window  but it wouldn't state as just the name of the craft.

No, I never added anything. The only keys I touched during the entire sequence were to do the actual screen captures, and to create the node to do the burn to get to the Mun. I didn't use the transfer window.

25 minutes ago, Michel Bartolone said:

No, I never added anything. The only keys I touched during the entire sequence were to do the actual screen captures, and to create the node to do the burn to get to the Mun. I didn't use the transfer window.

Weird. I have just installed KAC onto 1.12.3

I will do some testing later on and see what happens.

4 hours ago, Anth12 said:

Weird. I have just installed KAC onto 1.12.3

I will do some testing later on and see what happens.

Thanks. Note that I did start out the new installation without KAC. Then I started getting too many alerts (like this one) and decided to go back to KAC...I just want to be able to disable the built-in.

On 1/30/2022 at 1:17 AM, Anth12 said:

I did a little testing. Nothing so far. KAC and the stock alarm don't appear to know about each other.

I didn't think they did...like I said, I just want to be able to disable all of the automatically created alarms in the built-in alarm clock. or disable the built-in alarm clock completely.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 10:39 PM, JSlone said:

In career mode do you need to upgrade a building or something to get the maneuver tool app? i have the alarm clock so i know my game updated but i don't have the little asterisk looking app to make maneuver nodes? Thanks.

Yes. 

Level 2 Tracking Station. 

Level 2 Mission Control.

On 2/2/2022 at 9:46 AM, Michel Bartolone said:

what new planner? I didn't use any planner...

There is a transfer window planner in 1.12 but if you didn't use it then it wouldn't have caused your issue. Sorry for the extremely long response.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.