Kerbal Space Program 1.12: "On Final Approach" Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

Are struts super springy and un-strut-like for y'all?

I didn't have much time to test but did try adding fresh ones in case it was an old craft problem but they were still noodle strength. Need to clear out my mods (although I only have a couple) and test again after lunch.

Edit: Tested real quick with no mods, newly placed struts are still noodle strength for me. Hmm.

Edited by idPhobos

A rush of joy as I head to the website to download, then suddenly...PASSWORD RESET! and because my dad had used his account to buy the game a few years back (Because I apparently couldn't just have my own:rolleyes:) and because he's at work for the next few hours....

*Intense distress

Remember kiddies, if your about to buy a game, get account using YOUR google thingimibob, it might save you some trouble later...oh well it's not up yet anyways.

I can feel the STEAM players giggling at us through the force....

Edited by Minmus Taster

Found some possible bugs.

Bug 1: When in the VAB, mousing over a parts PAW menu causes the part to disappear. This occurs only for a few parts, and only when it is the new root part. It happened with the Probodobodyne Rovemate and HECS 2.

Bug 2: The default KSP flag does not appear correctly on the Mk1-3 command pod.

Is anyone else seeing these?

Edited by EchoLima
Found a second bug!

There it is! Finally dropped! I'm going to just jump right into this when I get home! Scrap the 3 space stations, the research program, and 78 missions for what may be the last time. 

Funny in a way, don't know what to think, just know it's great and sad at the same time! :joy::sob:

Just an FYI the Maneuver Planner can be a bit glitchy and for some reason won't calculate/update when selecting another body.

For example when you first open it (in orbit around Kerin) it has "*The Mun" selected, and multiple times while selecting "Eve" it didn't calculate/update. Had to select another body like Duna, which did update, and then go back to Eve which forced it to update again correctly.

At first I thought it was just the Mun messing with the planned maneuver node, as it likes to do at times, but that wasn't it as I repeated the issue multiple times.

Easiest way to tell is to just look down at the Delta V under the "Create Maneuver" section and make sure it says "calculating" briefly when switch bodies, as that means it update properly.

Edited by MechBFP

They nerfed the big wheels just as I was getting into building huge rovers :( I'm not as disappointed about not being able to hit 300km/h anymore as I am about not being able to drive up steep-ish inclines. I hope Squad buffs the climbing power of rover wheels in 1.12.1 before disappearing into the night.

Everything else about the update is pretty hype though. I'm going to use the heck out of those solar panels, and the lights on the revamped docking ports are such a nice touch. I'm already noticing things loading faster. Even the rover wheels that I was just complaining about behave noticeably better overall, they're just wimpy.

I also managed to crash the game by being in the Sun's orbit, with a maneuver node created to circularize at EVE, and then when into the Maneuver Planner and selected "MANEUVER 1" and then selected Moho and then it hung at calculating for awhile and then crashed. Can't remember if it crashed on its own or if I tried to re-select Moho because it was stuck at calculating.

No error message or anything just straight dump to desktop.

EDIT: Player.log contains the following at the end of the file:

Spoiler

Real-time resumed. Current UT is: 14452077.5. TgtUT Error is -19.5411s. (Undershot)
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Unpacking Lander
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[AsteroidSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)

Packing Lander for orbit

[AsteroidSpawner]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. BTN-445!

Unpacking Lander

[AsteroidSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)

[TransferMath]:  Root method values cannot bracket the root.

EDIT 2: Verified my files and it found 49 files that failed to validate, so I think Steam is being bad...

Edited by MechBFP

1 hour ago, Fletch4 said:

It's like the dessert airfield, when it should be desert.

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

That's a deliberate pun. Kerbals like dessert.

and on certain times of the day its aligns with minum's orbit, and minmus is made of ice cream so the dessert launch site

I can confirm the following:

Fireworks work underwater

Firewords are affected by gravity

You can launch a craft off the surface of Gilly using fireworks.

c2NhyAr.png

The only issue is if you fire  a lot of them simultaneously, you will get major lag, which is not surprising.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.