10th Anniversary Easter Egg Hunt

StarSlay3r

2 hours ago, KenilworthKerbal said:

My first entry took me much longer to find than I expected! Hopefully the rest of the system will be easier...    actually it's the challenge that makes it fun.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining the hunt! 

18 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

THANK YOU to the team for this fun Easter Egg Hunt!    It prompted me to get back into the game after a long time away.    BTW, nice bit of class,  with "Main Designer" on the plaque. 

Thank you for participating. Hope you've been having fun! 

All 5 hints have been revealed. You have a couple more days to try to find as many of the 5 easter eggs as possible. Good luck everyone!

Hints are below

Spoiler

Hint 1: 

Hint 2: 

Hint 3: 

Hint 4: 

Hint 5:  

After launching a new probe all the way to Dres I was able to find somebody's sweet ride with the IP-15 being diverted from Kerbin return to refuel here.
The IP-15 then returned to Kerbin and was given a new cockpit with scanning equipment and rechristened the IP-16 and sent off to Eeloo for a frozen sundae treat.
Meanwhile Jeb was driving around in his new rover when he found something interesting in the dessert.

Edited by Scorpiodude

On 6/29/2021 at 3:01 AM, Souptime said:

2 down, 3 to go!

Sorry theyre videos, the screenshot tool is broke for me :/

https://imgur.com/a/YTMJBHL

I also found my first randolith!

AND OF ALL THE TIMES FOR MY GAME TO GLITCH OUT IS WHEN I NEED 1 MORE SCREENIE

HECK

But i got this one and the roadster taken earlier!: https://imgur.com/a/BWnqRfx 

9 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

@KSPStar, Becasue this is going to close tommorw, can you tell me what time? Because I have a few more screenshots to take. Thanks! :) 

Midnight at pacific time 

so you got about a little over 17 hours left 

14 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

@KSPStar, Becasue this is going to close tommorw, can you tell me what time? Because I have a few more screenshots to take. Thanks! :) 

As  @The Doodling Astronaut stated, the deadline to enter is 11:59pm PT tonight. :) Good luck! 

12 hours ago, Souptime said:

i dont know what it is, but i CANNOT find the 5th easter egg, i found this ? next to the desert temple but i cant find anything at all

Is it DLC only? im going nuts.

None of the easter eggs require DLC to obtain, just the 1.12 update. Keep looking! You can do it!

8 minutes ago, KSPStar said:

None of the easter eggs require DLC to obtain, just the 1.12 update. Keep looking! You can do it!

i've been going to the EXACT location of the "?" nex to the desert temple, but i cant see anything! is it even IN the desert? in other ppls pics ive seen building but nope no building i am going insane

26 minutes ago, Souptime said:

i've been going to the EXACT location of the "?" nex to the desert temple, but i cant see anything! is it even IN the desert? in other ppls pics ive seen building but nope no building i am going insane

You can do it!&).   Keep trying!

39 minutes ago, Souptime said:

What altitude did you plot the '?' from?  You can easily be quite away off if you did it from high up or with a wide FOV.  

I havent been to the desert temple in 1.12 yet, so I don't know if anything is there, but did find a new anomaly in that general area.  

13 hours ago, Souptime said:

i dont know what it is, but i CANNOT find the 5th easter egg, i found this ? next to the desert temple but i cant find anything at all

Is it DLC only? im going nuts.

It is much easier to find with Making History.

15 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

How so?  I do have Making History, but I'm genuinely interested to know how it makes finding anomalies easier.

I find a Rovemax probe core perfect for this.  Scan from very high up, enough to get the whole planet in the window, to get an overview and locate the general areas of interest.  Then drop lower to pinpoint much closer to the actual locations.

1 hour ago, pandaman said:

How so?  I do have Making History, but I'm genuinely interested to know how it makes finding anomalies easier.

I find a Rovemax probe core perfect for this.  Scan from very high up, enough to get the whole planet in the window, to get an overview and locate the general areas of interest.  Then drop lower to pinpoint much closer to the actual locations.

Umm, no. That’s not how it works.

Well not how to find it really easily. See below if you want a Very Blatant Hint \/

LOCATION HERE IF YOU DONT WANT TO LOOK THEN DONT AND WHY AM I RAMBLING ON AND I THINK I SHALL STOP NOW.

Spoiler

Try going to the buildings at the end of the Dessert Runway

56 minutes ago, Souptime said:

I KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT IT IS TIME

For what?

Edited by Admiral Fluffy

1 minute ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

that's how I did mine

I went with the rover probe core, went up very high, started scanning. Started maneuvering closer to one, dropped, and repeated until like the atmo or 20k. At that point you are close enough that it's going to be nearby

1 minute ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

that's how I did mine

I went with the rover probe core, went up very high, started scanning. Started maneuvering closer to one, dropped, and repeated until like the atmo or 20k. At that point you are close enough that it's going to be nearby

I meant to find it really easily. One of the previous screenshots kind of gave away the location

On 6/29/2021 at 3:01 AM, Souptime said:

2 down, 3 to go!

Sorry theyre videos, the screenshot tool is broke for me :/

https://imgur.com/a/YTMJBHL

I also found my first randolith!

18 hours ago, Souptime said:

AND OF ALL THE TIMES FOR MY GAME TO GLITCH OUT IS WHEN I NEED 1 MORE SCREENIE

HECK

But i got this one and the roadster taken earlier!: https://imgur.com/a/BWnqRfx 

THE FINAL ONE IS DONE. https://imgur.com/a/CnA2brB

Now this, is epic.

I hope im part of the twenty :sticktongue:

after checking through the pages, i've counted only 12-14 eligible people

So basically if theyre giving out 20, everyone who's submitted is (Most likely) gonna get 1!

But what are you gonna do with any left over @KSPStar?

if 8-6 people submit within 6 hours no more spares will be left over

1 hour ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Well not how to find it really easily. See below if you want a Very Blatant Hint \/

LOCATION HERE IF YOU DONT WANT TO LOOK THEN DONT AND WHY AM I RAMBLING ON AND I THINK I SHALL STOP NOW.

Reveal hidden contents

Try going to the buildings at the end of the Dessert Runway

For what?

Not how what works?

I Know where that one is...  I found it using exactly the method myself and @The Doodling Astronaut described the day after I installed  1.12.

What I don't understand is what difference having MH makes, as you said...

3 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Can you please explain why it is 'easier with Making History', when I used parts and techniques that are available without MH.  Not that I have much difficulty now, but I am genuinely curious to know if MH introduces a 'trick' or part that makes it easier.

1 hour ago, pandaman said:

Can you please explain why it is 'easier with Making History', when I used parts and techniques that are available without MH.  Not that I have much difficulty now, but I am genuinely curious to know if MH introduces a 'trick' or part that makes it easier.

Spoiler

Launch from the Dessert Lunch site