Jump to content

10th Anniversary Easter Egg Hunt


StarSlay3r
 Share

Recommended Posts

Oh no, not again!

Spoiler

LcuJ95X.jpg

So just how long has this "Stary Kerman" been waiting here exactly?

Spoiler

imOufLG.jpg

The red cable goes on the what connector now?

Spoiler

o61OHIl.jpg

That color looks a bit like Minmus... does it also taste like mint ice-cream?

Spoiler

rK1yqhd.jpg

Would you look at how far we've come? It's enough to bring a tear to your eyes.

Spoiler

djBuiJG.jpg

 

 

Edited by treesniper12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The prize being US only is probably a US law requirement. I watch something called Critical Role. they can only give prizes to people in the US and Canada excluding Quebec. Probably something similar

Don't take it personally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

3bSLOki.jpg

Spent several hours flying around not finding it (I wish I had brought a scansat) and actually had to have a friend find it on their save on a scanning satellite, then still couldn't fly it, had them confirm that it was it on their save, and even after having him guide me to the location I still overflew the area a couple of times before even seeing it. I kind of feel bad about posting it here since it doesn't feel legitimate, but hey, I put in the effort to get a propeller plane to Laythe safely from having not ventured beyond Duna before, so I'm still posting it for that effort alone. This was difficult to find. Not sure what I'm going to do for the others. Definitely will bring along a scanning satellite though.


 

Spoiler

7kCoZL3.jpg
I think Samny is jealous of this ride compared to his.
tn6DIhn.jpg
He's even trying to drive it instead of his normal rover

So, this one I planned better for. I was even building the scansat before the hint was given. I sent the scansat and lander on 2 separate launches with tons of spare dV at the right times. They launched 2 and a half hours apart and arrived 3 and a half hours apart despite a different set of maneuvers performed, particularly in regards to the Munar assist, for each craft. Unfortunately since I haven't done much with space outside of Kerbin's SOI I didn't realize the scansat needed a strong antenna or relay to actually scan, and although I could control it because the lander was always close enough for direct control it couldn't function as a relay and as such the scansat itself was effectively useless. I had to send a relay out over there, and my first try was actually going too fast to slow down. I thought getting there faster with more dV expenditure would be better, but it led to a 50 minute burn which had the spacecraft going so fast that it needed 10000 m/s of dV to slow down while only having 5000 m/s itself. Anyways, I need to make less mistakes with these hints. At least I can make a quick fix to the next scansat and get it to work.

Honestly, it's weird. I'm not even sure I want a JEB plushie. I just want to do this for the fun of it, and because I watched the threads for the earlier easter eggs back when the solar system got expanded but never participated in said hunt. I guess it feels good trying this with new ones that are only *barely* spoiled.

 

Spoiler

wUothOb.jpg
Oppy is so small that it was really hard to spot. Another frustrating egg to find for me.



Alrighty I got the kerbal there now instead of just having the reaction wheel probe.
 

Spoiler

pI7eAHB.jpg

Spoiler

WXPrIys.jpg
And now I have to admit to slightly cheating and looking at someone else's screenshot to find this. After exploring all of the possible easter eggs away from the launch sites, of course. Which included landing an aircraft designed for hypersonic speed in a mountain range. But alas, I should've been looking closer to home, and specifically at this one specific airfield which I didn't check while checking the other two despite flying aircraft from it a couple of times. Honestly, it feels like I had a lot go against me this whole egg incident, from inexperience to constant mistakes. Honestly, I'm not happy with my KSP exploration abilities after this.

 

Edited by Noname117
5th egg found
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Noname117 said:
  Hide contents

3bSLOki.jpg

Spent several hours flying around not finding it (I wish I had brought a scansat) and actually had to have a friend find it on their save on a scanning satellite, then still couldn't fly it, had them confirm that it was it on their save, and even after having him guide me to the location I still overflew the area a couple of times before even seeing it. I kind of feel bad about posting it here since it doesn't feel legitimate, but hey, I put in the effort to get a propeller plane to Laythe safely from having not ventured beyond Duna before, so I'm still posting it for that effort alone. This was difficult to find. Not sure what I'm going to do for the others. Definitely will bring along a scanning satellite though.

Well done if you have been inspired to head beyond Duna for the first time.

Peace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i think my kerbnet is bugged...

it better be fixed by the time i get to finding em

wait, if 20 or less people complete the challenge, does that mean EVERYONE will get a squishy?

and do you have to find all 5 easter eggs to be eligible? @KSPStar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

@KSPStardo you need to find all five in order to be eligible? 

Nope! You only need to find at least one of them to be eligible. You'll get one entry for each easter egg you find, with five being the max number of entries you can get. More info can be found in the full contest rules listed here: http://bit.ly/ksp10egghuntrules

Side note: Any easter eggs other than the five we are giving hints for are not part of this contest, and pictures of those easter eggs will not count as valid entries toward this contest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KSPStar said:

Nope! You only need to find at least one of them to be eligible. You'll get one entry for each easter egg you find, with five being the max number of entries you can get. More info can be found in the full contest rules listed here: http://bit.ly/ksp10egghuntrules

Side note: Any easter eggs other than the five we are giving hints for are not part of this contest, and pictures of those easter eggs will not count as valid entries toward this contest.

Got it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Souptime said:

wait, if 20 or less people complete the challenge, does that mean EVERYONE will get a squishy?

and do you have to find all 5 easter eggs to be eligible? @KSPStar

That is correct, if there are 20 or less entrants, then everyone would receive a squishy as long as their entries are valid. 

No, you do not need to find all five. Each one of the five you find will get you one entry, with a max of five total entries possible. More info: http://bit.ly/ksp10egghuntrules

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

@KSPStar Would using my profile picture as a flag violate any rules?

"The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;" - Official Rules

Since your profile pic is a copyrighted character, you would not be able to use your profile picture as a flag in your submission(s) for this contest. 

On 6/25/2021 at 1:12 PM, GBA004 said:

I found them all!!

There are more than five easter eggs, but only five are part of this contest. (And we haven't posted all five hints yet!) You'll want to make sure that the five you are submitting are the same five that we're posting hints for, as screenshots of the other easter eggs will not be considered as valid entries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, KSPStar said:

Since your profile pic is a copyrighted character, you would not be able to use your profile picture as a flag in your submission(s) for this contest. 

Thanks for letting me know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope that doesn’t include YouTube pfps. Since the logo was created by me, and I obviously am fine with it being used (maybe I’m being silly for thinking my own work is trademarked)

Edited by Guest
Parenthesis addition.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...