10 Year Anniversary Video

StarSlay3r

Over the past 10 years, Kerbal Space Program has become a launchpad for the next generation of space explorers. Learn more about those who have been influenced, inspired, and introduced to space exploration by KSP in our latest documentary video.

Spoiler

I'm not gonna cry,

Spoiler

I'm not gonna cry, It's just a game,

Spoiler

Definitely not crying...

Spoiler

...dammit!

Edited by theleg
found the difference between spoiler and quote

This was such a great video, I am glad you guys put it together. I would not be surprised if in decades from now people still watch this video to take a look back at the beginning of when these types of concepts started to become accessible to the general population.

10 minutes ago, Rocketry101 said:

Multiple posts, great video, great ten years, and most of all, best gaming community ever!!

The posts were merged... and I cannot agree with you more about the community!  You all are the absolute best!  :heart_eyes:

1 minute ago, Dientus said:

...and Moderators for keeping it all alive and on track!

Oh yes!  Thank you for reminding me. BIG shout out to the moderators as well!  Thank you for everything you do behind the scenes to keep this one of the best forums on the internet!  :heart_eyes:  

Thanks, guys, for making this fun. The community that KSP has created is the reason we're all still here. I can vividly remember the first time I played KSP in 2013 and coming to the forums for help.

HarvestR, thank you for being an inspiration to so many boys and girls around the world.  Here's to KSP2 and the next 10 years.

Great video; a wonderful summary of the past decade.  Thank you to Felipe/HarvestR, all the members of Squad (past and present), and the community.  It's been a great decade of Kerbal experiences, and I'm looking forward to another. :)

Edited by Raptor9

I started in Feb. of 2018 (For my birthday), but I still almost feel like I have been with it from the beginning. Or not, I don't know, but what I do know is that I am at least as excited, if not more excited, than people who have been Kerbonauts since the beginning for the 10th anniversary!!!! I can't believe it has been 10 years (For me, only 3. Still, wow, 3 years. <snip>) 

Great video for a celebration of an AWESOME game! 

Edited by Deddly

This is what I've been telling my kids for years. This is the real deal, this is inspiring a generation the way Apollo did. As some who started playing video games in arcades and on a celco.

Thank you to Squad, the forums, modders, youtubers and future engineers.

This is the greatest game I will ever play. Myself, my family and the world will be forever changed having experienced it.

1 hour ago, theleg said:
  Hide contents

I'm not gonna cry,

Hide contents

I'm not gonna cry, It's just a game,

Hide contents

Definitely not crying...

Hide contents

...dammit!

Being able to re-create the old missions, and then do some whaky stuff all in an intuitive UI with a pretty robust community and not requiring a super computer is absolutely amazing!  From humble "Launch a rocket" game to "Let's build Gundams and then finish the ISS while exploring the star system", KSP has grown to an amazing platform.

With 1.12 being the final major update, I look forward to seeing what this community can do to enhance this awesome game.  At least until the modder tools for KSP2 get released sometime in the future. :P