KSP 1.12 | The Final Approach

seyMonsters

Welcome, one and all, to Kerbal Space Program's latest, greatest, and FINAL, major update! This will be a 100% stock play through in career mode, no reverting, no respawning, so lets see how we do on our Final Approach with Kerbal Space Program 1.12 with Making History and Breaking Ground DLC

38 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Next time, aim north up the coast from KSC :wink:

(And remember to do all the science, including after you land!)

Yes I’m far from a speed runner with my poor science recovery..., some day I may try to develop an ‘optimal run’ lol

Once I get to plane tech I’m planning on having a look around kerbin...

That build segment was a bit too long for a pretty straight forward rocket. You could have flown closer to the Mun with a free return trajectory if you went a little bit faster (20m/s or so on the transfer burn) to get space low and space high science from it.

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

That build segment was a bit too long for a pretty straight forward rocket. You could have flown closer to the Mun with a free return trajectory if you went a little bit faster (20m/s or so on the transfer burn) to get space low and space high science from it.

yep, I'm still deciding how i want to play the building vs flying balance in the series, so good feedback....

I may have guessed the wrong height for Low Mun science.... my mistake... but i do like learning as I go, and gives me a reason to go back to the mun ;-) i was quite surprised now quickly i could set up the Free return to be honest, I remembered trying to do one years ago and it taking an age!

Edited by seyMonsters

You should take a closer look at that island… :wink: 

Definitely worth going in for a closer look, and also taking a little scenic trip up the coastline to the north of the KSC, there are some great beaches a few miles kilometres up the coast :wink:

11 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

You should take a closer look at that island… :wink: 

Definitely worth going in for a closer look, and also taking a little scenic trip up the coastline to the north of the KSC, there are some great beaches a few miles kilometres up the coast :wink:

I get the feeling i'm going to have to spend some time building planes in the next few weeks...... 

First of all, it’s T Z space, not T space boom.

Even if Jeb had managed to EVA, it wouldn’t make any difference… 17:34 look who has the EVA parachute in their inventory!

I suspect that RCS thruster just below the pod may be blocking the hatch on the command pod. Moral of this story- always put parachutes on something if you want it to come back down, even a “space station”. Definitely worth checking that Jeb could EVA from that pod in orbit before coming down.

RIP Jeb:cry::sob::valcry:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.