Maneuver Creator App

When I saw the forum for KSP 1.12 it showed the maneuver creator app and I launched kerbal on steam and I couldn't find the app the only new feature that was similar was The Alarm Clock app and I have no idea on how to access The Maneuver Creator App.

9 hours ago, Turf said:

Are you controlling a vessel? You don't access them in the KSC.

While you're piloting a vessel, open map view (press M by default) and then click the toolbar icon that shaped like a maneuver node.

I was in a vessel not the KSC and the icon doesn't show up for the maneuver creator app on the vessel

I'm having the exact same issue, I am in career mode. Yes, I have unlocked stage II of the Mission Control, VAB, Launchpad, Tracking Station, and Astronaut Complex in preparation for my first Moon (Mun) shoot. I have a satellite in orbit of Kerbin that I use to farm out the Collect Science from around Kerbin contract. The Alarm Clock app shows up just fine, the Maneuver Node Creator App does not show up at all. I've gone down the icons on the right side of the screen more than 3 or 4 times double checking to make sure I'm just not seeing it, but it simply is not there.

Also just FYI Mods/Devs/Whom it May Concern, the mobile version of this site is more than a bit jank. I tried to post this comment from my tablet, but when it wanted me to "Select My Birthdate", it starts at today, and instead of letting me type it in, it wants to to scroll from *today* to my birthday. By scroll I mean I have to push back on the Month arrow buttons until I reach 1987..............The desktop version atleast lets me type it. Not a big deal for the kids, but a giant pain if you aren't.:lol:

I created a brand new "game", and gave myself enough money to upgrade the tracking station and mission control to level two, still no joy on the Maneuver Node Creator App. That is the sole reason why I've come back to play more. :unsure:

Well I took a screenshot with Print Screen, but for some reason the forum is not allowing me to include it with my post. I guess that's another cool new feature of modern forums. Ctrl+V simply doesn't work anymore.....

*Sigh* I'm currently trying to uninstall the two mods I have for the game, technically three. But for some reason when I went to get these mods, I was required to download a *third party program* "CurseForge"(Cursed indeed) that I am wholly unfamiliar with. Both the mods had Attention icons on them acting like something was amiss. So I am "updating" them in order to see if perhaps that will solve my issue. If not, I will see if I can't fumble around and find out how to uninstall the mods, without deleting them.

Things were so much easier when I could just download a mod, unzip it into a folder, and place that folder into the game directory.:unsure:

Well, I moved the mods to a backup folder and the game was able to load. With no mods at all installed, I'm still not getting a "Manuever Node Creator App" icon anywhere when I press M. I guess the next step will be to completely re-download the game? I'm not going to be very excited to do that.

No no no, it's not your fault buddy. I'm going to try launching a rocket in my original career mode with mods uninstalled and see if maybe that fixes it? My PC(s) have always found ways to have unqiue little quirks that I've had to solve myself. I'm only detailing the steps on going through in my troubleshoot process just in case it might help someone else save themselves sometime. It's the least I can do.:lol:

Yes I do have the Steam version. I might try to verify game files before I do a complete reinstall of the game, if any of my prior steps do not solve the issue. I will keep yall in the loop.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Post:

Okay got into orbit, even created a start point for said manuever node, still no joy. Off to "verify game files" on Steam and will give that a test.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Post: 55 files "failed" and were required. I'm praying to the Kerbal Gods that this might be what my issue was. Testing in game now.

Edited by Slyguy3129
Combined my post

Well that did not work, and worse, despite me trying to save my original career under a different name, and alt+f4ing out, it saved over it. So my original save is busted. RIP.

Went into a new career, gave myself enough money to upgrade Mission Control once and Tracking Station once, and still no Manuever Node Creator App. I'm really, really, really hoping it isn't locked behind Stage III upgrades of those two objects, because I've ruined a save game if it is. It didn't seem like it was, and there are no indications anywhere in the change logs to say I need stage three on those two objects in Career mode in order to get that. I'm going to go back in game and try and *shudder* sandbox mode to see if it's there.

1 hour ago, Slyguy3129 said:

Well I took a screenshot with Print Screen, but for some reason the forum is not allowing me to include it with my post. I guess that's another cool new feature of modern forums. Ctrl+V simply doesn't work anymore.....

We don't host images or files directly on the forum, for various reasons that people smarter than me know about. Most people here upload to imgur.com and link the image- here's a guide on how to do that. Be sure the link ends with ".png, .gif, .jpg" or something similar. :)(With credit to @razark.)

ik3VORZ.png

u1Tw7Pr.png

4 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

We don't host images or files directly on the forum, for various reasons that people smarter than me know about. Most people here upload to imgur.com and link the image- here's a guide on how to do that. Be sure the link ends with ".png, .gif, .jpg" or something similar. :)(With credit to @razark.)

ik3VORZ.png

u1Tw7Pr.png

Oh I know how to do that, I just think it's stupid to have to do that. Sorry. Sometimes the old ways are better. The older you get, the more you hate having additional steps to take to do the same thing fewer steps used to accomplish. :lol:

But Software engineers need to literally write in code their own job secuirty these days.:unsure:

I'm sure it's "bandwidth/copy right violation" related without any doubt. It almost always is.

Edited by Slyguy3129

*Sigh* The tracking Station needs to be upgraded to level 3 in order for the "Maneuver Tool" to become available.

I destroyed a months long save over this not being made clear. I'm going to step away from the computer for a while now, absolutely nothing seems fun at the moment.

So for those of you like me, who only play in Career Mode, you have to upgrade the tracking station *twice*. Jesus, where am I suppose to get the money for that when I can't even get to the Mun yet. I spent months doing nothing but completing contracts just so I could have enough to upgrade everything I thought I would need once.

If you gentlemen will excuse me, I'm going to go take years off my life expectancy, I am physically ill from this.:lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.