Save, quicksave, Space centre, ... do not work in 1.12

I installed 1.12 this morning, before that everything was working well.

It seems like people have had this problem in every version, but never solved it: quicksaves and every button in the escape menu stop working, kerbals bug if they plant a flag (the naming window, if opened, is invisible), cant recover vessels,... 

The "crash" happens a bit after I load the last save. If I reload, everything works fine for several seconds and then  it breaks, for seemingly no reason.

However sometimes it fixes itself, later it bugs again, ... But now all my saves are definitely broken, it doesnt fix itself anymore.

When i look at the console, this is what is displayed upon trying to quicksave: 

Exception : ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. 

Parameter name: index

Thanks !

edit1: Also, is there a command to quicksave ? I made a lot of progress and dont want to lose it. 

edit 2: After experimenting:

It seems that decoupling a side booster causes the problem. I have 3 very simple symmetric boosters. After decoupling the  first booster, I can quicksave ONCE and then the bug appears.  I load the quicksave done after the first decoupling, and again, I can quicksave ONCE and then the bug appears. I do the same for boosters 2 and 3 and then load the save in which I have separated all boosters. Then the bug appears, I cant quicksave at all. If I decouple all boosters at the same time, the bug also appears.

If I do not decouple, it works fine. 

IF I DECOUPLE IN THE AIR (well in vacuum but not touching the ground) NO BUG. I WAS DECOUPLING WHILE LANDED ON MINMUS.

Edited by Issoupape

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.