All command pods missing after attempting to install Konstruction-Please help!!!!!

After installing Konstruction (Downloaded from Spacedock), when I open KSP, there are no command pods in the parts toolbox, nor are there any parts from Konstruction. How do I fix it??

Timeline:

Downloaded compressed mod file

"Unzipped" compressed file

Cut-and-pasted files into KSP GameData folder. When I did this, I did something I know I probably shouldn't have done. It said there were files (139 or something) with the same name as files I was pasting into the GameData folder. I looked at a lot of the files, and they looked the same. I chose to keep the files in the GameData folder, and not to replace them, thinking that that was the right thing to do in case any files were different. 

I loaded up KSP.

When I went to open my saved game, it gave me this warning:

Screenshot36.png

I opened it up anyway because at that point I thought it only affected those specific craft, and I didn't really care about them.

I went to the spaceplane hangar, and saw this:

Screenshot38.png

Screenshot39.png

Please tell me how to fix it so I can get back to playing KSP!!! I have Tweakscale, KSO Space Center Vehicles, Grounded Modular Vehicles, Modular Launchpads, Kerbal Attachment System, Kerbal Foundries, and both DLCs.

10 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

After installing Konstruction (Downloaded from Spacedock), when I open KSP, there are no command pods in the parts toolbox, nor are there any parts from Konstruction. How do I fix it??

Timeline:

Downloaded compressed mod file

"Unzipped" compressed file

Cut-and-pasted files into KSP GameData folder. When I did this, I did something I know I probably shouldn't have done. It said there were files (139 or something) with the same name as files I was pasting into the GameData folder. I looked at a lot of the files, and they looked the same. I chose to keep the files in the GameData folder, and not to replace them, thinking that that was the right thing to do in case any files were different. 

I loaded up KSP.

When I went to open my saved game, it gave me this warning:

Screenshot36.png

I opened it up anyway because at that point I thought it only affected those specific craft, and I didn't really care about them.

I went to the spaceplane hangar, and saw this:

Screenshot38.png

Screenshot39.png

Please tell me how to fix it so I can get back to playing KSP!!! I have Tweakscale, KSO Space Center Vehicles, Grounded Modular Vehicles, Modular Launchpads, Kerbal Attachment System, Kerbal Foundries, and both DLCs.

Looks very much like you have somehow corrupted or over written the dll s that provide the modules that make craft work. All your craft will still be in the saves folders, they themselves aren't damaged. The program simply can't find the modules they need to make them work. Install a new instance of the same KSP but in a different folder. Copy your save folder across . 1 by 1 install the mods you had installed in the first instance. But not that Konstruction 1. Check the craft in the list to see what is considered missing but DON'T load them on to the floor until you have all their dependencies back in. If you do this you should be able to recover everything. Then simply delete the corrupted KSP instance once you have everything back in and the new instance up and running.

How do I do that? I play KSP through Steam.

4 hours ago, ColdJ said:

All your craft will still be in the saves folders, they themselves aren't damaged.

Does that mean I can copy and paste the craft files into one of KSP's folders (Which folder has all my craft in it?) on a different computer, and they will work fine as long as all my mods are installed correctly there? I am switching over to a different computer soon, and only care about my craft; I almost never play in career or science mode.

3 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

How do I do that? I play KSP through Steam.

Does that mean I can copy and paste the craft files into one of KSP's folders (Which folder has all my craft in it?) on a different computer, and they will work fine as long as all my mods are installed correctly there? I am switching over to a different computer soon, and only care about my craft; I almost never play in career or science mode.

Yes. once you have a sandbox save in another game and you have installed all the mods you used to create the craft originally. Go to your version of this folder path.

C:\Kerbal Space Program\saves\Your Save Name\Ships\SPH and C:\Kerbal Space Program\saves\Your Save Name\Ships\VAB and copy the folders into the new game's saves file. Obviously The first name will be whatever your KSP folder is called. Remember the pathway will only exist once you have started a new save. Then when you load up and look in the craft list they will all be there.

No, you have corrupted the core program. I am hoping you are bright enough to keep an installer of that version on your computer. If not. Go to the store link above and get an account with KSP and buy and download the versions you need. After your initial purchase you can download all available versions when ever you need with no additional cost.

Then always keep a copy of the installer on your computer for just such an emergency. @Ben J. Kerman

Edited by ColdJ

Oh, ok. But wait, if I copy all my craft files somewhere else on my computer, uninstall KSP through steam, can't I reinstall it (Also through steam) and put my craft back? I have slow internet, so it will take a while, but I could try to go to McDonalds or somewhere and use their free wifi.

Would that work, @ColdJ?

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

Yes, as long as you move the saves files out before removing the original, you can copy them back in. It is how you use craft from Kerbal X, you download the craft file and pop it in your save's sph folder. It is well worth getting an installer version. Then you don't have to go on the internet if you have to reinstall. Be very wary about using free wifi when you have to visit sites that require passwords or personal details. Free wifi basically allows a foreign computer free reign to take and record whatever you are doing through their system. @Ben J. Kerman

Edited by ColdJ

Ok, so I uninstalled KSP, reinstalled it, started it up and.....

Everything was exactly the same! Same problem, same custom flags, same mods. Nothing had changed.

Maybe it's the steam cloud thing, or it's just that it didn't uninstall the way I thought it would. How do I fix it? What happened?

18 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

Ok, so I uninstalled KSP, reinstalled it, started it up and.....

Everything was exactly the same! Same problem, same custom flags, same mods. Nothing had changed.

Maybe it's the steam cloud thing, or it's just that it didn't uninstall the way I thought it would. How do I fix it? What happened?

did you put in 1 mod at a time and check if they buggered or did you throw them all in at once?

I don't understand. 

What I mean is that when I loaded KSP after reinstalling, I was expecting to find nothing there, then I would add in my craft and flags and start a new savegame, but instead I saw all of my stuff was still in the game, including the problem. I guess it didn't replace the local files. What do I do?

40 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

I don't understand. 

What I mean is that when I loaded KSP after reinstalling, I was expecting to find nothing there, then I would add in my craft and flags and start a new savegame, but instead I saw all of my stuff was still in the game, including the problem. I guess it didn't replace the local files. What do I do?

Did you install it in a new folder with a new folder name or did you attempt to overwrite the old folder. You need a new pristine game. If you just put it back in the same folder without fully deleting the contents first you will keep getting problems. If you have your saves, craft files and mod installers separate then get rid of the old folder and contents COMPLETELY. Otherwise you will never get anywhere. If the corruption is in your persistent save then don't put it back in, just the craft files and freshly installed mods. And make sure you extract them as they instruct. Don't cut and paste. If there is something in them you don't want then just remove it after extraction but before loading the game up.

All I did was click "Uninstall" In steam, then "Install" in steam after it uninstalled. So, I guess I just tried to overwrite.

So, I need to move the install folder? And/or delete the entire KSP folder, and then reinstall?

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

I don't use steam but I would go with uninstall, then go and make sure it i completely gone with nothing left. then reinstall. If that doesn't do it then get the installer from the source, as I have just done again after my hard drive died and I lost everything from the last 2 years that was on my computer. And be smarter than me  and make copies of everything and put them on an external hard drive.

It worked! I uninstalled, deleted all local files, reinstalled, loaded KSP, and nothing is there! I just need to put all my mods (Besides the one that caused the problem, obviously) and custom flags back, and KSP should be working perfectly again!!! Thanks, @ColdJ!

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

When I am installing Modular Launchpads (After installing all the other mods mentioned at the top of this page), I see this:

Screenshot40.pngScreenshot41.pngScreenshot42.pngScreenshot43.png

What do I do, @ColdJ? Overwrite, leave the files, or do nothing?

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

Skip them all as the files already in the Game data folder have younger dates. It seems you got a newer community category kit when you reinstalled.

Edited by ColdJ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.