The Ultimate Challenge Continued Again

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes nothing.

I was working on my career game yesterday for my fan-fiction project when I checked into mission control, and saw a contract offer that stunned me.  It's a challenge so huge it's given me an opportunity to totally change my story plot and add a whole new section.

I've searched everywhere in the challenge section, and I'm not finding this one. 
If it's out there, and I'm necro-ing an old challenge, then I apologize and ask this be taken down, OK?
It's called the Ultimate Challenge, and the rules are simple:

Visit all 14 bodies in the Kerbin solar system in one ship and return home to tell the tale. 

vYpu7sP.jpg

yV3f1C6.jpg

I looked at it... then looked again, closed my eyes, held my breath, and hit accept..... 

So here's the deal.  According to the forum rules, I can't really issue this as an official challenge unless I do it, or at least make a really good attempt at it, first.  Which is what I'm going to do.  It's probably the hardest thing I can think of doing in the game... and a marvelous opportunity to exploit for my fan-fiction story.
How can I say no???
Oh, and because I'm a sadist, I'm doing it stock.

If I can do this, I'll make it an official challenge, and make a badge and all that. 
Unless someone else has already done it and wants to take over.
Which makes me wonder, has anyone done this?  Has anyone attempted it?
Am I bringing up an old challenge I just can't find?

Comments?  Ideas???  Or perhaps just some insane laughter at the thought???

Link to the original Ultimate Challenge thread by Just Jim

Link to the first continuation thread by HoloYolo

Link to the second continuation thread by IncongruousGoat

This is the fourth version of the Ultimate Challenge, a challenge created by Just Jim. The goal is to complete a grand tour of the Kerbol system, landing on every planet and moon in one mission and returning to Kerbin alive.

Rules:
1. Mods are allowed, but only mods that are closely balanced to stock parts, like the Near Future mods. Additionally, life support mods like Kerbalism are allowed for additional challenge. If you're unsure if a mod is allowed, ask.
2. No cheating (debug menu, KAL overclock, kraken drives, etc.) for obvious reasons. You can use the debug menu to test designs, but it is not allowed in the final mission.
3. Every landing must have at least one kerbal present. You can have as many or as few kerbals as you want, as long as there is at least one.
4. Planet packs are allowed as long as the stock system is left alone.
5. LKO assembly is allowed and encouraged, however once any part of the mission leaves LKO you can not launch any more vessels to assist your craft. Additionally, you can only have one active vessel when leaving LKO (your ship must be one giant ship, not a collection of small ships leaving at similar times). The only exception is launching a crew vehicle at the end of the mission to retrieve your kerbals.
6. The rules are flexible and subject to change. If you're trying to do something that might bend the rules, ask me.

When submitting an attempt, include a list of mods, version, and any DLCs installed. Additionally, provide a video or screenshot album showing your mission.

Completing the challenge will grant you the official challenge badge, as well as a spot in the Ultimate Challenge Hall of Fame.

Official challenge badge for your signature:
z30Rshm.jpg

Ultimate Challenge Hall of Fame:

Currently empty! Previous Hall of Fame entries can be found on the old threads listed above.

Edited by Stamp20

• 1 month later...

Great to see this challenge is still going!  It's definitely something on my KSP 1 bucket list to do but i have a few others things to master first like learning to return from Eve (only place I've never come back from successfully).  So it may be a few weeks before I start this.

Hope you get some submissions soon

• 3 months later...

Well, I'm on my way.  I launched the whole show in a single launch.  My plan was to land two Kerbals on each CB.

Of course I forgot to actually put two Kerbals in the lander for the first stop, Mun.  I could have returned to the surface with a second Kerbal in the lander, but didn't bother.  

After Mun I stopped at Minmus for a landing, and refueled while there.  Next I hit Eve and Gilly.  Glad to get Eve out of the way, that was one of the landings and returns to orbit I was concerned about.

I'm currently in orbit of Moho, with what appears to be plenty of fuel to get back to Eve to rendezvous with the mothership, which is still parked in orbit of Gilly.  I say appears to have plenty of fuel because Moho has defeated me on several occasions.  

Nothing written in stone, but at this point my plan is to work outwards.  After rendezvousing with the mothership at Gilly I'll hit Duna/Ike, Dres, Jool, and finally Eeloo.  My ship design requires me to reconfigure it multiple times by moving modules and re-docking them in different orders for different portions of the mission.  So far this has worked fairly well.

When I'm done I'll post plenty of screenshots.

Just a quick update:  I'm almost done.  I completed Moho, then went on to Duna, Ike, Dres, Laythe, Vall, Bop, and Tylo.  

I just need to get to Pol and Eeloo, then get home.  The ship is holding up fairly well, so I don't anticipate any serious problems.

I had to do multiple landing attempts at Laythe with my spaceplane, until I realized I was trying to land with the parking brake set.  I needed the parking brake set for the Eve lander (long story), then forgot to take it off after Eve.

Aside from forgetting to put two Kerbals in the lander at Mun, I've taken at least two Kerbals to every other body so far.  

It's late, I'm too tired to even go land on Pol.  Hopefully in the next week I'll find time to finish up.