Salutations from OldManGamerOMG

OldManGamerOMG

I am a bit of a gamer. I delve deeply into lore, stories, and character depth, but I also enjoy creative and enjoyable gameplay. I sometimes test games out for developers, but mostly, I am just having fun and enjoying being a retired old man. I have been expanding my Steam account the past couple years, though the account is 14 years old, and always on the lookout for good Steam friends as well. https://steamcommunity.com/id/OldManGamerOMG/

I am very much into science, and run a non-profit 24/7 YouTube channel. It does not have a huge following, with only 1,400ish subscribers, but it is science based, with NASA, USGS, NOAA and other agencies. The benefit from retiring from an agency, is having wonderful friends in the right place. If you are into that kind of thing, come by and say hello. There are no advertisements and the channel will never be monetized.  https://www.youtube.com/c/MatthewShipleyInformationNetwork 

This is me in a nutshell. Gaming, science and being old.

Cheers and Game On!

4 hours ago, OldManGamerOMG said:

This is me in a nutshell. Gaming, science and being old.

Now we shall be better for it. Welcome aboard. Fly safe

"His silver hairs
Will purchase us a good opinion
And buy men's voices to commend our deeds:
It shall be said his judgment rul'd our hands;
Our youths and wildness shall no whit appear,
But all be buried in his gravity." -  Julius Caesar (2.1.158-3)

I am not 75+, but I find it difficult to think that I will live that long. Anything is possible though. As Groucho Marx said, “Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough.”

Science is a wonderful topic. Magic is science that is yet to be explained, and in doing so, we find new magic that we never knew about. In everything we have learned so far, there is so much more yet discovered and deciphered. I just did one of my daily updates on the YouTube channel, so I am in a good mood. An hour of catching up on events and looking at current graphs and data, as well as maps and so forth. Always ramps me up. I am sure many find it boring, but it is what I enjoy. 

Thank you for the welcome. I hope to meet more people here, and with KSP 2, we can enjoy a game of fun and science together. Cheers and Game On!