Custom flag de-selecting after each mission

So, a while ago, I made a nice logo for one of my imaginary aerospace companies, Schmeissen Industries, which I put on a custom mousepad.

A few weeks later, I decided to jump back into KSP, and, what the heck, might as well use a custom logo, too.

So, I followed the tutorial on the KSP wiki, made my flag fit into the parameters, then inserted it into the appropriate file location.

I launched the game, and, lo and behold, when I went to start my new career save for 1.12, the flag was there! I was rather pleased with how it had turned out.

One problem, though - when I went into the VAB to make my first craft, the big flag on the wall was blank. As was my command capsule's flag. I noticed that the flag selector was also a blank white, so I clicked on it. Turns out, the game automatically de-selected my chosen flag. I was a bit miffed, but when I clicked on the custom flag, it appeared, just fine, on the big wall flag and the capsule. Then, I launched the craft. Flag showed up on the capsule there, too. 

I launched fine, got one or two contracts done, then proceeded on.

BUT, when I entered the VAB, the same thing had happened again. Both flags were blank. I had to re-select my custom flag every time I exited and re-entered the VAB.

Why is this happening?

15 hours ago, QvestionAnswerNeeded said:

I had to re-select my custom flag every time I exited and re-entered the VAB.

That's not bug, that's a feature. The flag selection in the VAB is meant to change the flag for this mission only. If you want to change your company flag and hence the default flag to show up in VAB every time, go outside and click on that large flag pole on your campus :wink:

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2021 at 4:24 AM, Mythos said:

That's not bug, that's a feature. The flag selection in the VAB is meant to change the flag for this mission only. If you want to change your company flag and hence the default flag to show up in VAB every time, go outside and click on that large flag pole on your campus :wink:

Aha! Thank you so much!

That actually makes a lot of sense.

• 2 years later...
On 6/30/2021 at 1:24 PM, Mythos said:

It's the first time in my whole life when I see "It's not a bug, it's a feature" phrase as literal explanation for the topic and not used as a joke / meme. Also, thank you very much as I had the same problem when adding my own custom flag and learned a lot by this post!