How to get the fairing to cover its own base?

Browsing Kerbalx I came across a ship LT-01-Sherpa  and its construction made me curious.  I asked the author but no answer, searched the web and the forum without any luck either. I hope the breakdown below explain clearly what I'm trying to do Many thanks in advance for your time and feedback. Happy flying.

I'm wondering if there is a way in KSP to get the fairing to start at the bottom of the fairing base  without manually editing the .craft file either with clipping or I don't know which wizardry...

I've stripped the original .craft file and only left the fairing (it's the bottom one) than I added a girder and put an other fairing on top trying to reproduce. The only way I could do it was to manually edit the .craft file and offset the start height position of  the fairing and increasing the radius so it cover the base.  

This is the .craft file from the picture  https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1dtlwel1ia022o/test-fairing.craft?dl=0

g20UF2p.png

GAHuIWQ.png

I hope this help someone else.  Happy flying :-) 

I did get a response back from the author of that mysterious ship. He confirmed that he edit the craft file to get the fairing to cover it's based and provided me with the link to a reddit post he made explaining his technique.

https://old.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/nmfpjh/messing_around_with_fairings_and_custom_flags/gzrd487/ 

This is the ship I'm talking about 

xrXbV1A.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.