1.12.1 hotfix patch is now live

St4rdust

Hi there Kerbonauts! :D

Since the release, some players experienced an issue where they were unable to enter buildings in the KSC. Our team worked quickly to detect the problem and they have released a hotfix.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience as our team worked to resolve the issue. 

Changelog:

Fix AOORE breaking saves without Making History DLC installed.

Note: As this was an unplanned hotfix, players looking for the ground anchor feature will find that included in the next planned update.  

Hey guys.

Congratulations on awesome work.

Could you please check the game "freezing" when opening settings while in flight scene?

I can't control Kerbals and the only way to play is Alt+F4 and open again.

Also, please consider fixing the UI near the clock:

https://imgur.com/a/7TB3pi0

Edited by gsantos9489
Add Images

10 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

Tell that to EJ_SA, whose career save is now halted due to this change. 

A way to select/deselect the feature, defaulted to deselected on ongoing savegames, would solve this issue!

The inability to autostrut across docking ports has been causing lots of noodlerocket and noodlestation for any space constructions using them, in Not Good ways. I wouldn't call it a feature, much less a good one. 

But as they've stated before, they're aware of it and working on it, so it'll come in 1.12.2, when that's ready. This was just an emergency patch because something was breaking the game.

Edited by Lupi

6 minutes ago, Lisias said:

A way to select/deselect the feature, defaulted to deselected on ongoing savegames, would solve this issue!

I don't think save-wide option is needed. Maybe introduce "locking" system, just as with the robotics. When the port is locked, it cannot rotate, but struts can go through.  This will solve it as well. 

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

That’s a feature, not a bug, and a good one too. 

Back on my day, we used real struts, none of this “autostrut” nonsense! 
Really, though, since autostrut exists, it doesn’t seem to make much sense to limit it across docking ports. It can already do some pretty unrealistic stuff without them, so I doubt simply limiting them based on the way the part tree works out was intentional, nor do I think it’s a good change. You can always disable autostrut if you don’t want the “cheaty” ability to stiffen connections across the vessel for no mass cost.

Don't worry, there will be plenty more fixes coming soon™
It's just this one was a particularly nasty game killer for some players, so it was decided it was best to squash it fast. 

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Lupi said:

The inability to autostrut across docking ports has been causing lots of noodlerocket and noodlestation for any space constructions using them, in Not Good ways. I wouldn't call it a feature, much less a good one.

As a devout Pastafarian, I have to say that noodlecraft sound like a good idea to me. :-)

1 hour ago, dok_377 said:

I don't think save-wide option is needed. Maybe introduce "locking" system, just as with the robotics. When the port is locked, it cannot rotate, but struts can go through.  This will solve it as well. 

The problem is that "one size doesn't fits all". Ideally we will need an option to allow locking up the ports without the autostruts bypass.

Whatever the solution is, you need to give the user the decision when to use or not - and provide a safe default option for savegames imported from preivious KSP versions.

51 minutes ago, RyanRising said:

Really, though, since autostrut exists, it doesn’t seem to make much sense to limit it across docking ports.

The problem is that once you dock, the crafts are merged and the auto-struts until KSP 1.11.1 would be recalculated. This process, depending of the number of the parts and mass of the combined craft, would cause wobble that if not dampened somehow (and this is heavily tied to the physics engine and how many times the physics engine kicks in per second and the CPU you are using), will destroy the craft.

Can you guys please fix Bug #28080. It really problematic, the engine sounds just go mute when you load a qiucksave sometimes.  There are other report like this too. 

It seems certain engines are affected. 

And please fix bug Bug #15440. A way you could solve it it my making the font smaller. 

Edited by Dr. Kerbal

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

The problem is that "one size doesn't fits all". Ideally we will need an option to allow locking up the ports without the autostruts bypass.

Whatever the solution is, you need to give the user the decision when to use or not - and provide a safe default option for savegames imported from preivious KSP versions.

Part of the issue is that it fixes something that didn't need fixing. Making it too easy makes the problem much less interesting. There were already several workarounds to the problem;

• Use a mod that gives precise attitude hold.
  • Get good at docking.
  • Multi-docking.
  • Build interlocking alignment rails/keys around each port,

The last two being the most interesting and educational.

Secondly, if one MUST fix a non-existent problem, don't make the ports move, just give an SAS mode for aligning the ports prior to contact. Leave the decision as to when it's good enough up to the player.

19 hours ago, St4rdust said:

Changelog:

Fix AOORE breaking saves without Making History DLC installed.

So... does this mean we don't have to disable "Tidy up debris cluttering KSC" anymore? Or is that another AOORE (Argument Out Of Range Exception)?

4 hours ago, bitnick said:

So... does this mean we don't have to disable "Tidy up debris cluttering KSC" anymore? Or is that another AOORE (Argument Out Of Range Exception)?

That is correct. You can turn on the tidy up debris cluttering KSC option again now and your game will be ok.

22 hours ago, dok_377 said:

Tell that to EJ_SA, whose career save is now halted due to this change. 

They can use Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (Continued or not) then, problem solved.  Autostruts being changed across docking ports when a ship docks causes massive problems for way more people then it actually solves for others, hence it is a good change. 

Will the KSP Team please fix the problem with the maneuver node causing nullrefrenceexceptions in the log and also causes settings menu to softlock the game, cause right click menu become unfunctional, and causes FPS to drop. Also causes the green "progress" bar to not exist. Its real annoying. 

4 hours ago, MechBFP said:

They can use Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (Continued or not) then, problem solved.  Autostruts being changed across docking ports when a ship docks causes massive problems for way more people then it actually solves for others, hence it is a good change. 

Well, you probably don't know who he is then. He has been playing pure stock game for as long as anybody can remember and this will probably not change anytime soon. As for KJR, I don't think it even works in the latest version of the game, considering the code change: 

And something tells me that in the case of EJ_SA, it's not about just stiffening the joints. Anyway, no point in arguing, let's just wait for some more patches, they are surely welcome. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.