1.12.1 hotfix patch is now live

St4rdust

5 hours ago, Rocketry101 said:

Will the KSP Team please fix the problem with the maneuver node causing nullrefrenceexceptions in the log and also causes settings menu to softlock the game, cause right click menu become unfunctional, and causes FPS to drop. Also causes the green "progress" bar to not exist. Its real annoying. 

If you can raise a bug on the bug tracker with details about how to reproduce the bug you are referring to along with copies of your logs then we can get our QA team to look into it.
https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
Without that information we are flying blind and have to spend hours trying to replicate your problem. The more information you can provide the better.

10 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

If you can raise a bug on the bug tracker with details about how to reproduce the bug you are referring to along with copies of your logs then we can get our QA team to look into it.

I also found a bug. From 1.12 the default flag texture on the Mk1-3 Command Pod is just warped and bolded so extreme, I cant recognize it! I cant fix it! Even in the new saves. I make in 1.12.1! 

Quite significant is the inverted scroll wheel bug  on Linux. Much worse than audio or graphical glitches as it makes playing quite frustrating.

Bug #28028 and #28040

It can be partially worked around by inverting the scroll wheel axis in preferences, but then all the Unity lists scroll invertedly. Basically the way the game interprets the scroll wheel is inverted compared to the way Unity does.

People say it's an issue with Unity rather than the game; if true, I really fear that we may be stuck with it since the game has now settled on a LTS of Unity; unlikely to get another update. It would be a real shame if the final version of KSP is semi-unplayable on Linux.

16 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

As for all the comments about autostruts across docked docking ports. We've noticed it and taken action. Look out for more patches coming soon.  TM

Thank you. I know the bugtracker should ease my worries some, but it's nice to have a post here referencing that.

Here's hoping the docking ports bring into clearer focus the somewhat related issue of robotic drift as well!

8 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

We know about the MK1-3 command pods flag and the issue with the linux scrollwheel.

Thanks. :) I wonder though, why did this happen? 

Edited by Dr. Kerbal

1 hour ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Thanks. :) I wonder though, why did this happen? 

Probably merging problems.

Different developers work in different branches made from the last stable version (feature branch or similar).

Then each one of them test what they did on his branch and when satisfied,  make a pull request to the upstream (or similar action, depending on the CMS used and the Development Process).

However,  now and then one merge stomps the other's toes and the original developers don't catch the problem because everything was working fine on their own branches. 

If I'm right (it's a guess, an educated one but still a guess), there's a missing link on their Development Process - an integration test or something,  when the merger would generate an interim release after each merge and check for regressions on the previous merged branches.

Edited by Lisias
bad grammars. I evolving from tyops! =D

2 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Probably merging problems.

Different developers work in different branches made from the last stable version (feature branch or similar).

Then they test what they did on his branch and when satisfied,  make a pull request to the upstream (or similar action, depending on the CMS used and the Development Process).

However,  now and then one merge stomps the other's toes and the original developers don't catch the problem because everything was working fine on their own branches. 

If I'm right (it's a guess, an educated one but still a guess), there's a missing link on their Development Process - an integration test or something,  when the merger would generate an interim release after each merge and check for regressions on the previous merged branches.

Explains a lot. 

Will the Kraken Drive, Firework Orion Drive and KAL overclocking stay in the game? Please keep these as they encourage out of the box thinking and are a thing of value to the community. 

Also, thank you for working on this amazing game and good luck for the rest of your careers. 

Edited by tsjm13
Grammar and more words.

18 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
Without that information we are flying blind and have to spend hours trying to replicate your problem. The more information you can provide the better.

how do i create a issue i tried many times before this post. I created a issue its issue number #28158

Edited by Rocketry101

The number of issues with 1.12 prevent me from upgrading my main install from the already bug-plagued 1.11 version. Especially the sound FX problems on engine sounds (playing while they shouldn't, not playing when they should - see issue tracker) and the wobble issue make me wait for a more stable version. I hope there will be more bufixing update in the future to work down the pile of issues in the tracker. A 1.12.7 or 1.12.9 would be nice to see.

Edited by Rakete

Kerbals swimming below the surface of the ocean used to swim flat relative to the surface of the ocean. Since 1.11.* they have been swimming relative to the ocean floor. So if the floor slopes down, they swim down maintaining the same distance to the floor but sinking in the ocean or vicer versa if floor slopes up. Is there any way to get the earlier interaction back ? Also now with even a huge amount of mass added, their top sinking speed is 0.2m/s.

Tried a second install of KSP 1.12 parallel to my 1.11 main install

The Mk2 docking ports controll point seems to be wrong, so that docking my sstos to stations is really a problem. 

This is kind of a gamebreaker for a SSTO-guy like me.

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/28069?next_issue_id=28068&prev_issue_id=28070

Edited by Rakete

20 hours ago, Rakete said:

The Mk2 docking ports controll point seems to be wrong, so that docking my sstos to stations is really a problem. 

This is kind of a gamebreaker for a SSTO-guy like me.

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/28069?next_issue_id=28068&prev_issue_id=28070

I can confirm, really annoying. I had to eyeball an SSTO docking last night.

5 hours ago, BeanThruster said:

I can confirm, really annoying. I had to eyeball an SSTO docking last night.

This issue needs upvoting and as soon as possible fixing. This bug is a  real showstopper for the SSTO-spaceplane-guys like me.

Edited by Rakete

2 hours ago, Rakete said:

This issue needs upvoting and as soon as possible fixing. This bug is a  real showstopper for the SSTO-spaceplane-guys like me.

OK, first off I am very sorry for the inconvenience.
Everyone is currently on a (much needed) break for a couple more days, but I promise I will follow up on this when we get back
You already wrote it up, that's the biggie... thanks!
I have 2 questions... well, a question and a favor to ask
1) Just to confirm, this is happening with pre-1.12 craft?
2) Can you attach the craft and/or saved game to the report, please?
Again, I'm sorry. But I will absolutely take a look when we get back. 

Edited by Just Jim

11 hours ago, Just Jim said:

OK, first off I am very sorry for the inconvenience.
Everyone is currently on a (much needed) break for a couple more days, but I promise I will follow up on this when we get back
You already wrote it up, that's the biggie... thanks!
I have 2 questions... well, a question and a favor to ask
1) Just to confirm, this is happening with pre-1.12 craft?
2) Can you attach the craft and/or saved game to the report, please?
Again, I'm sorry. But I will absolutely take a look when we get back. 

Can't say, because I'm off these days myself and online only with my smartphone. Sorry for that. Might not be back on the computer for quite some days, and might miss the freeze for the bugfix release. So, can someone else please verify Jim's questions, please?

@BeanThruster, Can youhelp, please? You confirmed too. Thanks.

@Just Jim: Meanwhile as I'm off myself: you can take any Spaceplane from 1.11.2 from kerbalx.com, that has a mk2 dockingport to test it ksp 1.12.

E.g. https://kerbalx.com/ycombinator/Lua-1 (randomly picked from there, from 1.11.2 and stock)

Shouldn't be too hard to test, as the controlpoint test can be performed on the runway (a correct working mk2 docking port should show an all-blue or all-brown navball (depending on facing up- or downwards on a plane on the runway), when the docking port is set to "controll from here"

A test setup for the 1.12 part is in the bugticket. Can be built in less than one minute.

And another favour please:

Can someone tell if this is fixed? https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/26879

@VictorR asked in the ticket if the fix worked. But as I said, I (creator of the ticket) can't test right now as I'm not near my computer for some weeks, and my answer after coming back might miss the bugfix release freeze, so maybe someone could please check this and leave a comment in the issue tracker if the fix worked? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rakete

3 hours ago, Rakete said:

Can someone tell if this is fixed? https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/26879

@VictorR asked in the ticket if the fix worked. But as I said, I (creator of the ticket) can't test right now as I'm not near my computer for some weeks, and my answer after coming back might miss the bugfix release freeze, so maybe someone could please check this and leave a comment in the issue tracker if the fix worked? Thanks in advance.

This has been fixed in 1.12.
Unfortunately the same problem happens with the HG-5 Antenna. And this was not resolved in 1.12.

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/28047

On 7/6/2021 at 11:18 AM, Rakete said:

Can youhelp, please?

Sure.

On 7/6/2021 at 1:16 AM, Just Jim said:

Just to confirm, this is happening with pre-1.12 craft

I can confirm. This happened to a spaceplane of mine that was fully functional before 1.12

On 7/6/2021 at 11:18 AM, Rakete said:

Can you attach the craft and/or saved game to the report, please?

I think I can do this. I'm uploading craft and savefile on Bug #28069 report https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/28069?next_issue_id=28068&prev_issue_id=28070

Edited by BeanThruster
fixed link

One thing going on is the docking ports, all my previously very rigid and stable stations and stuff are either super wobbly, or begin a feedback loop kraken attack when something new is docked to it (or both)

7 hours ago, Anth12 said:

@schwank The rotating docking ports aren't allowing autostruts through. There will be a lock added like robotics to counter the issue in the next planned update

What about docking port drifting? Any info on that?

Edited by dok_377

1 hour ago, dok_377 said:

What about docking port drifting? Any info on that?

Drifting? Can you deliver some more Infos on that? Didn't see it myself yet.

Edited by Rakete

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.