Launch Window Planner

Spengler

Is there a mod not available through CKAN that can help plan launch windows?  The one that shows in CKAN (Transfer Window Planner) is for a version of KSP prior to my current version.  CKAN shows maximum version as 1.7.9, using mod version 1.7.2.0, but I'm running 1.8.x, which means I can't use this mod.  Yeah, I know, I should really update my version of KSP to a newer version, but I'm happy with what I've got.

Anyhow, I have been planning launch windows by creating small probes, launching, using MechJeb to create the node, then checking the time to node, reverting to build, and then fast-forwarding until I'm within a day or two before creating the real craft and launching.  And that's just not efficient; I'd like to have something that helps me identify the next maximum window so I can not only plan appropriately, but so I can use the time between windows to do some more stuff, like a billionth trip to Minmus or scouring the surface of Kerbin for the monoliths.

Any help here would be most hot!

The current version of Transfer Window Planner works with KSP versions newer than 1.7.  I've used it all the way up to at least KSP 1.11.  Just because the mod hasn't been updated doesn't mean it won't work.  Mod authors often don't bother updating when there's no need to.

There's also an online version that you can use:  KSP Launch Window Planner by alexmoon

Edited by OhioBob

Ah.  I was under the impression that, if the version of the game you are using isn't shown as supported, then the mod won't work because it hasn't been fully tested.  However, I will trust your advice and install it.  Thanks!

On 6/30/2021 at 3:11 PM, Spengler said:

Ah.  I was under the impression that, if the version of the game you are using isn't shown as supported, then the mod won't work because it hasn't been fully tested.  However, I will trust your advice and install it.  Thanks!

The best thing you can do typically is just try a mod to see if it works.  Often you'll find they work fine, but sometimes not.  It just depends on the mod.

Edited by OhioBob

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.