Hi KSP colleagues,

I am not that I am asking this question in the right forum.  However, I didn't know what better forum to use.

I downloaded KSP from Steam.  I like Steam, incidentally, because you get automatic updates -- you don't even have to think about it.  I used Steam for two previous versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator, although I have not played that instructive game for some time.

Also, with Steam, in case you get concerned that you goofed something up with the program on your local drive, you can go into the Steam server and have it check your local files.  (I think that I am saying this correctly.)

Here's the issue.  I don't remember how to have Steam check your local files.  I remember that doing this check required only a few easy mouse clicks, but I also remember that these mouse clicks were not easy to find and quite counterintuitive.

So, could someone please tell me the sequence of commands to have Steam check your computer's drive for the game's integrity.

Thank you for your consideration.

Stanley

Moved to Tech Support: PC Unmodded.

The Xbox and Playstation subforum is for users who are playing on the Xbox and Playstation game consoles, as technical issues on those platforms tend to be significantly different from those playing on a computer.

To verify your files,

Open Steam.  Click on the LIBRARY tab at the top.

Right-click on Kerbal Space Program, and click on Properties.  This will open up a new window.

On the left side of that panel, click on LOCAL FILES

On the right side, press Verify integrity of game files.

This can take a couple minutes and won't be very obvious of its progress.  If it takes long than 10 minutes, it may have gotten stuck.  If that happens, close the window and try again.  I have to do this... frequently.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.