How to Rendezvous with a space station in LKO after return from the mun?

If you need to launch a craft when the station gets to a certain point in orbit on Kerbin, how do I rendezvous after returning from the Mun? I'm doing Science mode and launched a mobile processing lab for more science, and I want to flyby the Mun with another craft to get some science, dock with the station, and have a lot of science points, how does one do this? Or should I launch another station around the Mun?

Edited by Anbelizac

I don't get much the question; there aren't many ways to rendez-vous. there is always one single way to rendez-vous, which is:

1) get your orbit to touch your target's orbit, followed by

2) change your orbital time to end up in that place in the orbit at the same time as your target.

but for the most convenient way to renzed-vous after returning from Mun:

after you return from Mun, you'll be in an elliptic orbit.

make sure that the periapsis of your elliptic orbit is touching the orbit of your target station. make sure to have dealt with plane changes. you can fix inclination in the high part of your orbit, and it will be cheap.

if you've done that, now your elliptic orbit is touching the target orbit. you should see a "close approach" marker.

As your orbit is higher than your target, it will be slower and take more time. you can change your orbital time by lowering your apoapsis (by increasing it too, but it would increase intercept speed). Do it until you get an encounter.

to plan for that, set your manuever node just after the close encounter, and start simulating a retrograde burn. you should see the close approach marker move around the orbit, and periodically give a rendez-vous.

As your orbit is higher than your target, it will be slower and take more time. you can change your orbital time by lowering your apoapsis (by increasing it too, but it would increase intercept speed). Do it until you get an encounter.

to plan for that, set your manuever node just after the close encounter, and start simulating a retrograde burn. you should see the close approach marker move around the orbit, and periodically give a rendez-vous.

thanks

Edited by Anbelizac

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.