Can't get tanks to drain in desired order using fuel priority

Hello all,

I've searched the forums but can't find a post to help explain my situation, so I'm throwing this question out to the community....

I've found a design for a lightweight craft that can land on Eve's surface and then ascend to orbit. I copied the design from Steam workshop (much thanks to QF9E for sharing his creation): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1903428747

Here's a screenshot of the vessel in my SPH: https://imgur.com/a/OemqXxu

I'm trying to use asparagus staging employing the fuel flow priority tool, rather than using external fuel ducts. So I want the tanks with the inline stabilizers to drain first, then move to the next pair of tanks in a clockwise fashion, then the next pair of tanks, then to the central core tanks.  My understanding is that the higher the number tanks drain first, so I set fuel flow priority with the highest number tanks being the ones with the inline stabilizers, then lower numbers for the next pair of tanks, etc,  to the central tanks having the lowest number of all. I think I've properly enabled crossfeed through all the decouplers. But when I launch the vessel,  all pairs of the external tanks are draining at the same rate, and not draining sequentially as I had planned.

I can't determine what the problem is - and for the life of me I can't figure out how to correct it. I am running multiple mods and have never had any problems with asparagus staging using external ducts, but I'd prefer not to use them on an ascent from the surface of Eve in attempt to generate as little drag as possible.

For mods, I'm using the Clickthrough Blocker, Astronomer's Visual Pack, Chatterer, Distant Object, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, Engine Light, EVE, For Science, Gravity Turn, Manuever Mode Evolved, Planer Shine, RCSBuildAid, TacFuelBalancer, Transfer Window Planner, Kerbal Alarm Clock, and Kerbal Engineer.

Many thanks in advance for any solutions, and my apologies if I've erred in posting the issue or the image links. I just can't think what might be wrong with the fuel priorities?

On 7/9/2021 at 9:38 PM, pacoats said:

crossfeed double-checked, i think i'll have to go the duct/hose route. and a rescue mission to get jeb out of eve orbit....

Maybe do a quick check on an unmodded install, just to make sure that some mod isn't tripping you up?  Just as a sanity check-- would be handy to eliminate that as a source of error.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.