The Lilith Program -- Eve Colonization in Stock* 1.12 Career Mode

GreenWolf

KmdN5CE.png

It's been a while.

I return to the mission report subforums once again to finally document what has long been a goal of mine in KSP -- a fully functional Eve colony, done entirely in career mode.  However, in light of the recent and final update to the game, I've decided to add a twist -- I'm going to do this almost entirely without mods (at least for now -- things might change as more mods get updated and we start running out of things to do in the stock game).

I say "almost entirely without mods" because I will be using some mods, but none that significantly alter gameplay. My rule (for now) on mods is that everything I build and launch must be capable of being loaded and flown in an unmodded save -- so no parts mods, no changes to the physics of the game, and no major changes to the editor. UI and information mods, visual and cosmetic mods, and some small quality of life mods are all fine. You can see my full modlist (excluding dependencies and DLC) in the following collapsible.

Spoiler
  • Community Delta-V Maps (CommunityDeltaVMaps 2:2.8)
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.9.2.2)
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.11.3.1)
  • Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0)
  • Precise Editor (PreciseEditor v1.4.1)
  • RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid v1.0.6)
  • scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0772)
  • ScienceAlert ReAlerted (ScienceAlert 1.9.9.2)
  • Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.3.1)

Most of this playthrough, including all of the Lilith Program missions, is being streamed over on my Twitch channel. I've already done quite a bit, including several Mun and Minmus landings, and I may end up making a supercut video of the important highlights. However, I wanted to wait until I actually started the Eve missions before posting this thread, and only the Eve program will be getting full mission reports here.

We'll be starting with the Morningstar Initiative, which will be the initial probes and flyby of Eve. The writeup on that should be coming later this week, but if you don't want to wait, I'll be streaming it today and tomorrow.

Edited by GreenWolf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.