[1.12] B9 Procedural Wings Fork, Modified

Note:  This page is complete, but please let me know if I missed anything

pWingsPromo.png

Introduction

The procedural dynamics procedural wing (pWing for short) is a wing piece that the user can procedurally manipulate, the wing automatically generates colliders and set its .cfg parameters accordingly.

This is a new fork of the PWings mod, curated by Linuxgurugamer

The mod had several different forks, with different additions and bugs,  This fork merged all of these back together with all the features
and bug fixes merged.

See the Changelog.txt for details of changes in this version

New repository is here: https://github.com/B9-Procedural-Wings/B9-PWings-Modified

There is a large number of people who contributed, either directly or indirectly to this.  An incomplete list is below, if I missed someone, please let me know so I can include them:

Previous threads are (roughly in order)

Optional Patch

• There is an optional patch which increases the speed of the control surfaces.  It's designed to work with the PatchManager mod

Instructions

• Find the parts in the Aero section in the editor
  • Press "j" to bring up the part settings
  • On the sliders left clicking the buttons on either side will do a large increment change, right click for a small increment change and fine tuning
  • An alternate texture is provided. You can also overwrite the texture if you wish
  • A test aircraft is supplied with control surfaces setup including spoilers, levcons, canards, flaps etc. This aircraft functions in stock aero and with FAR use it as a guide or to test if the mod is functioning

Dependencies

• None

Availability

Recommended Mods (not required for Pwings to function)

• Atmospheric Autopilot (helps tame unstable aircraft designs)
  • PWB Fuel Balance (helps keep the CoM in the same spot while using fuel)
  • FAR (more realistic aero simulation for KSP, things tend to be less draggy but generally more challenging)
  • OPT Reconfig (nice spaceplane parts to play with)
  • Kerbal Foundries (has 4 types of procedural configurable landing gear)
  • Textures Unlimited - The mod has textures for TU, but see the Recolour Depot for better textures
  • Textures Unlimited Recolor Depot 

Features and Images

Note:  These images are compressed by the browser, download and view them in an offline image viewer to see all the detail

4Md1LP0h.jpg

Currently there is a TU (Textures Unlimited) config file, which, if TU is installed, will override access to the following textures.  If you want to get these textures, delete the file:  B9PWingsUnlimited.cfg  from the GameData\B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings directory 

AR6Vgwuh.jpg

DcFHaULm.jpg26VHuyZm.jpg

TKkjfBEm.png

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer

Hi, I just tried your last release (0.43.0.10), and I have an issue with the UI 'j' popup  window that does not show on my instance, I have no control of the wing beside the PAW (no 'g', 't' or 'b' either). I'm usually running the CKAN version of the mod just fine, but was trying to get TU working as it does not with the CKAN version.

I am running KSP 1.10.1 with RO/RP1/RSS/Principia, last release for each.

Thank you for your effort.

Regards.

On 7/9/2021 at 3:25 PM, Mokhin said:

@linuxgurugamer

Hi, I just tried your last release (0.43.0.10), and I have an issue with the UI 'j' popup  window that does not show on my instance, I have no control of the wing beside the PAW (no 'g', 't' or 'b' either). I'm usually running the CKAN version of the mod just fine, but was trying to get TU working as it does not with the CKAN version.

I am running KSP 1.10.1 with RO/RP1/RSS/Principia, last release for each.

Thank you for your effort.

Regards.

That may be because this release is only supported in 1.12, sorry.  

You can try telling CKAN to allow 1.12 mods and then installing that way.  Otherwise, at the very least, you need to post a log file (Player.log) for any help, from myself or anybody else

I'm using this mod in an RO install.  It looks like this version of the mod adds the TU support but removes the textures that used to be in the release version of PWings.  Is that correct?  It also looks like it is also no longer possible to assign textures to the upper and lower surfaces independently.  Is that correct is this an issue with my install?

On 7/10/2021 at 7:03 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

That may be because this release is only supported in 1.12, sorry.  

You can try telling CKAN to allow 1.12 mods and then installing that way.  Otherwise, at the very least, you need to post a log file (Player.log) for any help, from myself or anybody else

I looked into this, and per the issues I just updated it looks like the actual problem is the 0.43.0.10 tagged release on GitHub lacks an actual release zip (and thus lacks a dll, since the dll is not in the repo's GameData directory AFAICT), so I'm not sure it's compatible with any version of KSP. :]

If you do plan to make changes that break compatibility with KSP 1.10 going forward, I would beg that you apply a version override to 0.43.0.8 and dot9 to let them, at least, be marked as 1.10 compatible, since I have neither experienced nor heard of any 1.10 issues with them.

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do you have Textures Unlimited installed?

On that topic. Is it possible to gain access to the old standard wing textures while still retaining the full TU recoloring options? I didn't see them until I removed the cfg for TU from the pwings folder, but  in this case the recoloring is not possible, it's only old textures. 

11 hours ago, dok_377 said:

On that topic. Is it possible to gain access to the old standard wing textures while still retaining the full TU recoloring options? I didn't see them until I removed the cfg for TU from the pwings folder, but  in this case the recoloring is not possible, it's only old textures. 

Ohhh thats why there were no old textures...

Hey, can you explain to me how the installation works? Because I downloaded the Source code zip from the github repository, extracted the GameData folder, but the options menu doesn't show up when I press j

2 hours ago, AnFa said:

Hey, can you explain to me how the installation works? Because I downloaded the Source code zip from the github repository, extracted the GameData folder, but the options menu doesn't show up when I press j

same problem, when i download the files it looks like more like source code rather than something that owrks. i cant find a single .dll file in the GameData, and ingame the procedural wing parts dont work- they dont get the proper configuration options and all that. 

edit: yeah, looking at the github, 0.43.0.10 doesnt have a proper packaged release but 0.43.0.9 does. 

Spoiler

ujz3alj.png

Edited by 123nick

7 hours ago, DasSkelett said:

@linuxgurugamer it has been said already, but just to underline it again: The latest release on GitHub (0.43.0.10) is missing the release zip. It leads to a lot of confusion, and people downloading the source code zips wondering why it doesn't work. You should take a look at this soon.

Sorry, thought I had done that.

It's there now

On 7/24/2021 at 2:43 AM, AnFa said:

There's this bug I'm having where, if I pres Ctrl + Z, the handles disappear, clicking the "Handles" button won't make them appear and only restarting the game solves the issue.

yes this is a known issue, just don't press crtl/cmdz when you have the pwing window open, you can do it when it is closed. to fix it, no restart needed, just quit to main menu and open it up from there

Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't appear that the textures from previous versions are included in this? I don't see any of the textures in the mod directory, and none of the buttons seem to be doing anything.

Edit: For clarity, I'm talking about some of the tiles, etc in the OP images. I currently can only do a featureless color or reflective metal.

Edit: Looking back at the thread - looks like I have to uninstall Textures Unlimited?

Edited by AtomicRocketBooster