[1.12] B9 Procedural Wings Fork, Modified

On 7/5/2021 at 6:44 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

AR6Vgwuh.jpg

Yeah I'm likewise confused - these textures dont seem to be in the mod, just base metal & flat textures. Really miss the ability to add heat tiles on the underside of the wings. I dont have TU or Recolor Depot installed, but reading through those descriptions it seems like they also add metallic shaders & recolor options rather than the textures above?

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Textures Unlimited is recommended.  If you can point me to a version that DID have those textures, I can see what's going on

@AtomicRocketBooster

@OldMold

I know the go big or go home update still had them, I actually don't remember a version before this one (this current version) that didn't have the textures included. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by Grease1991

7 hours ago, OldMold said:

Yeah I'm likewise confused - these textures dont seem to be in the mod, just base metal & flat textures. Really miss the ability to add heat tiles on the underside of the wings. I dont have TU or Recolor Depot installed, but reading through those descriptions it seems like they also add metallic shaders & recolor options rather than the textures above?

So I don't know how you installed them, but i used ckan, and there was a texture unlimited cfc in the pwings folder, i deleted that and i restarted and got the old textures and the ability to add the heat tiles, so you might have the same thing going on, idk, it might be that ADDITION of the b9wingunlimited.cfg that is removing the ability to use the included texture, 

3 hours ago, Grease1991 said:

So I don't know how you installed them, but i used ckan, and there was a texture unlimited cfc in the pwings folder, i deleted that and i restarted and got the old textures and the ability to add the heat tiles, so you might have the same thing going on, idk, it might be that ADDITION of the b9wingunlimited.cfg that is removing the ability to use the included texture, 

That did it! Looks like I was mistaken and I do have TU installed (missed the directory prefixed with 000_). I renamed B9PWingsUnlimited.cfg to a .bak and got the old-school textures back! Though now I cant choose the metallic textures, but small price to pay.

11 hours ago, OldMold said:

That did it! Looks like I was mistaken and I do have TU installed (missed the directory prefixed with 000_). I renamed B9PWingsUnlimited.cfg to a .bak and got the old-school textures back! Though now I cant choose the metallic textures, but small price to pay.

I'll put a note in the OP about this

2 hours ago, OldMold said:

I bet there is some MM wizardry that would give access to both, but my MM-fu is not strong enough yet to figure it out.

Not really, it's either one or the other.  Might be possible to integrate the TU textures in with everything else, but don't have time for that at this time

I downloaded the TU pack for it and used the standard texture for all my wings? But it looks very different from SPH and inlaunch. In sph it looks like stock but in launch it looks kind of blue. Any way to make it look less metallic and more stock?

f355555.png?width=1111&height=625f35_vab.png?width=917&height=625

On 9/1/2021 at 10:45 PM, PlinPlinPlon said:

I downloaded the TU pack for it and used the standard texture for all my wings? But it looks very different from SPH and inlaunch. In sph it looks like stock but in launch it looks kind of blue. Any way to make it look less metallic and more stock?

That would be TU

On 9/1/2021 at 8:58 PM, Fihnakis said:

Link seems broke to imagur for the image detailing the procedural wing

Just checked, seems to be working for me

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Maybe something with TU, check with them

TU seems to be working perfectly fine. Downloaded it from CKAN and downloaded TURD manually. Downloaded the TURD texture pack for b9 wings and put it in my TURD folder, I tried putting it in the TU folder but it just became 10x more white and reflective.

1 hour ago, PlinPlinPlon said:

TU seems to be working perfectly fine. Downloaded it from CKAN and downloaded TURD manually. Downloaded the TURD texture pack for b9 wings and put it in my TURD folder, I tried putting it in the TU folder but it just became 10x more white and reflective.

I don’t know why you are asking me for help with Textures Unlimited, it isn’t my mod.  Same with TURD.  As I said in my previous post, ask them

8 hours ago, Alex4138 said:

Pressing J doens't bring the edit menu, did I install it wrong? I just copied and pasted b9 folder in game data.

Did you press J while hovering the mouse pointer above the procedural wing?

The mod is just one folder, and the only dependency I think is Module Manager, so if you have the mod folder and the Module Manager dll  inside Game Data folder and still doesnt work I have no idea whats wrong.

Just to be extremely clear: If you have no other mods installed, inside Game Data you only should have 2 folders  ("Squad" and "B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings") and the Module Manager dll ("ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll")

Something is happening in my install that partially breaks Procedural Wings editing in KSP 1.11.2. A restart of the game always fixes it for a while.

I see 2 symptoms when things partially break:

1. All of the draggable handles stop displaying.
  2. Sliders in the wing window still work, but the wing doesn't change shape until I save and reload the craft.

Is this a known issue? Is KSP 1.11.2 still supported for this mod? I'll post logs if this is a new issue.

@PlinPlinPlon

I think I might have a clue what's happening.
Are you running KSP with the "-force-DX11" command line option?
You might also be using the "-force-GL" type option to force it to use OpenGL instead.

Either way, those two options are forcing the Unity game engine KSP runs on to output video in a format that KSP is not originally coded to use, so graphics issues will almost certainly crop up (also invisible or blue/pink parts in the VAB that look normal when you actually place them)

From memory, this blue cast to the textures looks a lot like what happens when you tell KSP to run using DX11, and I know there's a solution out there for it but I forget exactly what it was I did in the past when I used to run with DirectX 11 mode.

For what it's worth, you no longer need to do anything funny like that to get around RAM limitations, the game is now fully 64-bit capable meaning it can access all the system ram you could possibly have (back when it was just a 32 bit program it would only be able to access ~4gb of system ram no matter how much you had in your physical computer, and switching to DX11 along with some texture compression mods were the way people dealt with the issues of running out of RAM).

EDIT: If it's not that, you might try updating your video card drivers, or if you did that and now it showed up, rolling back to an older version of your video card drivers.
Either way it's certainly not normal, but because nobody else is talking about it I doubt it's this mod that's causing it.

Edited by SciMan

Is there any way to edit the density of the Procedural Wing?  Such as .xml file parameters.

I used to use FAR with can help all wings part to change mass-structural density, but now when I tried to use Stock system without FAR, I realize that the B9-procedural-wing parts are kind of too heavy for some light aircraft design, so when I check the part's .xml file I couldn't  find a parameter that affects part mass.

2 hours ago, DuckDuckCute said:

Is there any way to edit the density of the Procedural Wing?  Such as .xml file parameters.

I used to use FAR with can help all wings part to change mass-structural density, but now when I tried to use Stock system without FAR, I realize that the B9-procedural-wing parts are kind of too heavy for some light aircraft design, so when I check the part's .xml file I couldn't  find a parameter that affects part mass.

Have you tried modifying the mass parameter in the cfgs located in GameData\B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings\Parts\Aero_Wing_Procedural\?

4 hours ago, Firebird989 said:

Have you tried modifying the mass parameter in the cfgs located in GameData\B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings\Parts\Aero_Wing_Procedural\?

Yes, I changed it like this: "mass = 0.00001 //0.05", but in game playing the wing nass is still not changed, looks like the procedural wing doesn't use this parameter to define mass, just like ProceduralParts mod, but in ProceduralParts mod at least I can find a parameter like this: "dryDensity = 0.05", and when I change it into smaller number, the in-game procedural part actully become much lighter, and that's why I tried to search for such density parameter in B9wing .xml file, but now I've already open all .xml that I can find in the whole mod's folder, but there isn't anything about density, now I guess maybe it's hiden in some other format of file such as .dll

Edited by DuckDuckCute