[1.12] B9 Procedural Wings Fork, Modified

8 minutes ago, DuckDuckCute said:

Yes, I changed it like this: "mass = 0.00001 //0.05", but in game playing the wing nass is still not changed, looks like the procedural wing doesn't use this parameter to define mass, just like ProceduralParts mod, but in ProceduralParts mod at least I can find a parameter like this: "dryDensity = 0.05", and when I change it into smaller number, the in-game procedural part actully become much lighter, and that's why I tried to search for such density parameter in B9wing .xml file, but now I've already open all .xml that I can find in the whole mod's folder, but there isn't anything about density, now I guess maybe it's hiden in some other format of file such as .dll

I know you specifically wanted to reduce the mass/density of the wings but as a sort of a workaround for your case you can try modifying the "deflectionLiftCoeff" parameter. The wings wont weight less but they will generate more lift to compensate. IIRC thats what I did ages ago when I was playing without FAR and encountered the same problem as you

33 minutes ago, Firebird989 said:

我知道您特别想减少机翼的质量/密度,但作为一种解决方法,您可以尝试修改“deflectionLiftCoeff”参数。机翼的重量不会减轻,但它们会产生更多的升力来补偿。IIRC这就是我很久以前在没有FAR的情况下玩并且遇到和你一样的问题 时所做的

Yes, that's a good easy way, when I used FAR before, the"deflectionLiftCoeff" is useless, but now I can reaaly simply get more lift from that. Thanx.

Edited by DuckDuckCute

Is it possible to create a structural variant wing with this that doesn't generate lift? or somehow reduce the amount of lift that it generates? I tried making a new part based off the existing ones by copying the model files and cfg, but changing the deflectionLiftCoeff in the cfg doesn't affect it since it seems like the lift is calculated by the plugin.

2 hours ago, ephesix said:

Is it possible to create a structural variant wing with this that doesn't generate lift? or somehow reduce the amount of lift that it generates? I tried making a new part based off the existing ones by copying the model files and cfg, but changing the deflectionLiftCoeff in the cfg doesn't affect it since it seems like the lift is calculated by the plugin.

If changing the "deflectionLiftCoeff" doesn't help I dont know, but you can try this other mod for making structural wing parts (Also it easy to make them a lifting surface if you need that later)

2 hours ago, Firebird989 said:

If changing the "deflectionLiftCoeff" doesn't help I dont know, but you can try this other mod for making structural wing parts (Also it easy to make them a lifting surface if you need that later)

Thanks, that fits what I'm looking for! I don't know why I couldn't find that earlier

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Dioso said:

how do i download it the one i got is the normal one not the "modified" one help

Link is in OP. On github page you need to open "releases" subpage: https://github.com/B9-Procedural-Wings/B9-PWings-Modified/releases and download latest from there. (some people seems to miss that on github). Or you can download it with CKAN. I don't think that there is anything in game that marks it as "modified", though. So, it may look as "normal" version, but latest advertised features in this thread should work only with right "modified" version. You can tell by that or by checking version number that you have installed vs one from link to see if you got right files.

I hope that above helps to clear up confusion.

On 9/20/2021 at 6:03 AM, SciMan said:

@PlinPlinPlon

I think I might have a clue what's happening.
Are you running KSP with the "-force-DX11" command line option?
You might also be using the "-force-GL" type option to force it to use OpenGL instead.

Either way, those two options are forcing the Unity game engine KSP runs on to output video in a format that KSP is not originally coded to use, so graphics issues will almost certainly crop up (also invisible or blue/pink parts in the VAB that look normal when you actually place them)

From memory, this blue cast to the textures looks a lot like what happens when you tell KSP to run using DX11, and I know there's a solution out there for it but I forget exactly what it was I did in the past when I used to run with DirectX 11 mode.

For what it's worth, you no longer need to do anything funny like that to get around RAM limitations, the game is now fully 64-bit capable meaning it can access all the system ram you could possibly have (back when it was just a 32 bit program it would only be able to access ~4gb of system ram no matter how much you had in your physical computer, and switching to DX11 along with some texture compression mods were the way people dealt with the issues of running out of RAM).

EDIT: If it's not that, you might try updating your video card drivers, or if you did that and now it showed up, rolling back to an older version of your video card drivers.
Either way it's certainly not normal, but because nobody else is talking about it I doubt it's this mod that's causing it.

Hello. Sorry for the late response, but I'm not running KSP with the "-force-DX11" command line and  "-force-GL" option

On 10/31/2021 at 6:31 AM, kcs123 said:

Link is in OP. On github page you need to open "releases" subpage: https://github.com/B9-Procedural-Wings/B9-PWings-Modified/releases and download latest from there. (some people seems to miss that on github). Or you can download it with CKAN. I don't think that there is anything in game that marks it as "modified", though. So, it may look as "normal" version, but latest advertised features in this thread should work only with right "modified" version. You can tell by that or by checking version number that you have installed vs one from link to see if you got right files.

I hope that above helps to clear up confusion.

nooooooooooo when i downloaded it it had no texture just the gray you could change the colors, the one the first picture of this page it had like lines, please how do i get the mod

Edited by Dioso

6 hours ago, Dioso said:

nooooooooooo when i downloaded it it had no texture just the gray you could change the colors, the one the first picture of this page it had like lines, please how do i get the mod

Yes. It seems that you have correct files, but you missed to configure it for your own desires. You should read posts on first and second page of this thread regarding textures and more important, OP how to configure it. To be more specific, this piece from OP:

Currently there is a TU (Textures Unlimited) config file, which, if TU is installed, will override access to the following textures.  If you want to get these textures, delete the file:  B9PWingsUnlimited.cfg  from the GameData\B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings directory 

AR6Vgwuh.jpg

Does this answer your question ?

15 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Yes. It seems that you have correct files, but you missed to configure it for your own desires. You should read posts on first and second page of this thread regarding textures and more important, OP how to configure it. To be more specific, this piece from OP:

Does this answer your question ?

thank you it worked : )

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Lightlaw said:

For some strange reason since I installed and disabled FAR in my mod list, I can't edit any of the wings and they show up as large rectangular blocks. When I get home I'll edit this to include some screenshots.

I was about to say the exact same thing but you have the same problem as me. let me know if you find any fixes

Edited by Mr.jeff

On 12/27/2021 at 4:41 AM, Lightlaw said:

For some strange reason since I installed and disabled FAR in my mod list, I can't edit any of the wings and they show up as large rectangular blocks. When I get home I'll edit this to include some screenshots.

9aNoAqd.png

The only fix i found is to reinstall FAR which isnt the one fix i was looking for

8 hours ago, Mr.jeff said:

The only fix i found is to reinstall FAR which isnt the one fix i was looking for

I found a fix! In your GameData folder there is a file called Custom_FARAeroData.cfg, delete that and you should be able to use this mod again. It took me three days to figure out, I hope this helps you aswell.

13 hours ago, Lightlaw said:

I found a fix! In your GameData folder there is a file called Custom_FARAeroData.cfg, delete that and you should be able to use this mod again. It took me three days to figure out, I hope this helps you aswell.

Yeah it works thanks! :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 11:48 AM, Mr.jeff said:

I was about to say the exact same thing but you have the same problem as me. let me know if you find any fixes

On 12/30/2021 at 10:34 PM, Lightlaw said:

I have the same problem but unfortunately I don't have this file to delete, anybody else find out some solution?

EDIT: I had old version, with new one it works fine

Edited by Baker_02

• 2 weeks later...

Do the edges produce lift? Im trying to make an aircraft in 1.10.1 realism overhaul, where the wings are made using only the edges? Ive set the wing width, both root and tip to 0.050, and then madr the wing wider by making the leading edge root 5.000. Ive done this to make the wing biconvex and look better, and have done a similar thing on all of the wings amd control surfaces on the vessel, but it seems it doesnt fly too well. It does fly, but only at high speeds, and even empty, its stall speed is quite high, and it lacks pitch authority.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I've been getting into making my own custom vehicles and I would like to have some more textures that match my builds, so I've attempted to add texture variants to the wings. However, I have run into a problem where only the front and back textures show up (as seen in picture) and I was wondering if there is a way i can fix this?

5XZTKBO.png

On 2/2/2022 at 5:47 AM, YaBoyShredderson said:

Do the edges produce lift? Im trying to make an aircraft in 1.10.1 realism overhaul, where the wings are made using only the edges? Ive set the wing width, both root and tip to 0.050, and then madr the wing wider by making the leading edge root 5.000. Ive done this to make the wing biconvex and look better, and have done a similar thing on all of the wings amd control surfaces on the vessel, but it seems it doesnt fly too well. It does fly, but only at high speeds, and even empty, its stall speed is quite high, and it lacks pitch authority.

As far as I know, the edges only modify the wing lift/drag some, when FAR is not installed.

With FAR (which you should use with RO anyways), I'm pretty sure the wing lift/drag are entirely recalculated.

What counts as "only at high speeds"?  And with how much weight on the wings? (Liftoff Speed is ALWAYS a function at least partly of wingloading)  Note that a true biconvex wing (both edges biconvex, no flat area in between) doesn't fly amazingly well in real life either, if I recall correctly.

Edited by Northstar1989

On 1/18/2022 at 10:54 AM, Baker_02 said:

I have the same problem but unfortunately I don't have this file to delete, anybody else find out some solution?

EDIT: I had old version, with new one it works fine

After updating B9 Procedural wings hoping it would fix a problem I was having where the handles stop being usable after a little while in the hanger I have started having the problem where wings cant be changed at all as well and while I do have the file deleting it doesnt fix the problem for me.

Edited by Zmeya