[1.12] B9 Procedural Wings Fork, Modified

1 hour ago, Zmeya said:

After updating B9 Procedural wings hoping it would fix a problem I was having where the handles stop being usable after a little while in the hanger I have started having the problem where wings cant be changed at all as well and while I do have the file deleting it doesnt fix the problem for me.

It is hard to help anyone without more data. Usually log files provides enough info what may be wrong. Without those it will be hard to help you.

On 3/5/2022 at 1:20 AM, Zmeya said:

After updating B9 Procedural wings hoping it would fix a problem I was having where the handles stop being usable after a little while in the hanger I have started having the problem where wings cant be changed at all as well and while I do have the file deleting it doesnt fix the problem for me.

No logs, no support

On 3/5/2022 at 1:20 AM, Zmeya said:

@linuxgurugamer I periodically have a similar issue while editing wings. Here's my log file with many NREs. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qMzraMCAYtAzc_OxXjuFbxINzdVp_GLp/view?usp=sharing

When the problem shows up, "J" still opens the window but some things don't work correctly. The handles on the wing no longer display. I can make changes in the window but they don't affect how the wing looks until I click and reattach the wing. Hopping out and back into the editor doesn't fix the problem, but a full restart always fixes the problem for a while.

I think ctrl-Z undo while editing a wing might contribute to the problem showing up, but I'm not positive on that.

Here are the steps I took when creating the log: Fresh KSP restart. Enter SPH. Start new vehicle with Mk1 Inline Cockpit. Attach procedural wing, press J, the handles work. Grab wing and drop it off vessel. Press ctrl-Z to recover wing. The handles were still working. I did a few more wing attaches and edits until the handles and edit window stopped working correctly.

Note that I recently updated other mods and have not fully tested them, but this intermittent handle problem happened before and after those changes. There's also an NRE with an SXT part but I am completely confident that the PW issue also happened in earlier playthroughs without anything from SXT loaded.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm having issues with the B9 procedural wings. When I try to attach them to my tank, they show up way below my cursor, something like 1-2m below it (almost the full length of my tank). This is pretty annoying, especially when you rotate it (for spin-stabilization).

Here's a screenshot trying to attach it and another one trying to rotate it (please forgive the quality: I had to take a picture, otherwise the cursor wouldn't show on the screenshots).

I'm using a fresh install of KSP 1.12.3.3173 on Linux, I used the RP-1 express install with CKAN which installed "B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork" 0.43.0.10

Anyone knows what's going on? How can I fix this issue? Thanks for any help!

1 hour ago, Laurian said:

Hi!

I'm having issues with the B9 procedural wings. When I try to attach them to my tank, they show up way below my cursor, something like 1-2m below it (almost the full length of my tank). This is pretty annoying, especially when you rotate it (for spin-stabilization).

Here's a screenshot trying to attach it and another one trying to rotate it (please forgive the quality: I had to take a picture, otherwise the cursor wouldn't show on the screenshots).

I'm using a fresh install of KSP 1.12.3.3173 on Linux, I used the RP-1 express install with CKAN which installed "B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork" 0.43.0.10

Anyone knows what's going on? How can I fix this issue? Thanks for any help!

Does this happen with the standard wing form, before any modifications?

25 minutes ago, Laurian said:

I don't know how to check that... I saved my config as preset. It does not happen with non-b9 wings though.

I expressed myself wrong, sorry. This is the default shape I was referring to, is what you get when you click the procedural wing in your parts list.

AR6Vgwuh.jpg

Try attaching and rotating the wing before modifying its shape. You could also try with a different tank, similar problems has happen to me in the past (With other mods) and the problem was the parent part.

43 minutes ago, Firebird989 said:

I expressed myself wrong, sorry. This is the default shape I was referring to, is what you get when you click the procedural wing in your parts list.

AR6Vgwuh.jpg

Try attaching and rotating the wing before modifying its shape. You could also try with a different tank, similar problems has happen to me in the past (With other mods) and the problem was the parent part.

I had saved my config as default, so I did not know how to get the default shape back. However a reboot somehow brought back the default shape and it worked, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
b9 wings handles thing aren't working and console is spammed with exception null stuff (RO/RP1 1.12.3)

[EXC 16:27:23.282] NullReferenceException WingProcedural.WingProcedural.UpdateHandleGizmos () (at <3e59cdb608ed42aa99b122cbeaf92fc8>:0) WingProcedural.WingProcedural.Update () (at <3e59cdb608ed42aa99b122cbeaf92fc8>:0) UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object) ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object) UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

here is the logs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rQ6LutrsqQ3qAQb6ALHNfqfDkvHxiVJ8/view?usp=sharing
here are sceenshots

unknown.png
unknown.png

11 minutes ago, towermom9 said:

how did you install it?

you have a large number of mods installed.  Please make a smaller install and test it there.  If it works, then add a few mods at a time until you start getting failures

3 hours ago, towermom9 said:

b9 wings handles thing aren't working and console is spammed with exception null stuff (RO/RP1 1.12.3)

Are the wing handles completely broken for you, or do they work for a while after a game restart then stop working? For me they work for a while then due to time or some action by me they break.

11 hours ago, towermom9 said:

that is the player.log...

Sorry, I think I got 3 or 4 log files that day, got confused.

Try this, it's a fast quick-fix for the null-refs I see in the log file:

(deleted)

If you get issues with the handles, please get me another log file, I added an extra logging statement which might help me figure this ou t

Edit:  Sorry, had to remove it, didn't build correctly

Edit:  Here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8qsiw9c9bkpr5w/B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings-0.43.0.10-beta.zip?dl=0

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Having a problem with the wings as stated with a Issue on GitHub, that aft pressing Crt+z I am unable to edit the wings. I can only see my wings edits after I make copy's of them and place them back on my craft, or pick them up and put them back on. I have a player log here hope this helps! Thank you! https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxyo1xalbt82ykh/Player.zip?dl=0

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

(deleted)

If you get issues with the handles, please get me another log file, I added an extra logging statement which might help me figure this ou t

Edit:  Here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8qsiw9c9bkpr5w/B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings-0.43.0.10-beta.zip?dl=0

sorry haven't been replying school have been crazy 5 test per day for a week. I'm going to test it as fast as i can

On 4/15/2022 at 11:56 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

(deleted)

hi im back so here is the new logs
KSP.log :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-u5xt_o0uvwmsnX-8jypAkslrILw_aCN/view
Player.log :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Vi9QCUKgwbxTn6S-69hrnRWEN-Dxzw9/view

I suspect the wings are working as designed and I just never noticed this before. I'm getting some drag (small red arrows with f12, very low drag numbers with aero stats turned on) from B9 PW but it's much lower than from stock parts.

Are B9 PW wings supposed to have much lower drag than similar sized stock wings?

• If yes, I'll tweak my spaceplane design to account for the low drag. I have an unusual design with huge wings to hold a lot of fuel.
  • If no, B9 PW wings should have drag similar to stock, I'll self-diagnose my installation and come back if I still see low drag.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @linuxgurugamer, figured I'd send you a message here in case you don't check your emails from github too often...

I've created a PR that fixes the bugs where handles stop working (it's actually two bugs, one where it starts throwing exceptions due to the asset bundle getting unloaded from pressing ctrl-z and another from the handles getting bumped to the wrong layer so that the raycast fails to hit them).

Cheers, DocNappers. :-)

4 hours ago, DocNappers said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer, figured I'd send you a message here in case you don't check your emails from github too often...

I've created a PR that fixes the bugs where handles stop working (it's actually two bugs, one where it starts throwing exceptions due to the asset bundle getting unloaded from pressing ctrl-z and another from the handles getting bumped to the wrong layer so that the raycast fails to hit them).

Thanks, I did see it, but have been very busy, hope to get to it this weekend

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 10:04 PM, DocNappers said:

finally something that can fix the missing handles bug!!