[1.12] B9 Procedural Wings Fork, Modified

8 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

I wonder if it's possible to have a similar version of PWings, but it's purely structural and has no lift

I think you'll be interested in this mod then

9 minutes ago, Apcls said:

I installed B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings on CKAN, but when I open the game it's just a metal plate without any textures to adjust,Here are my logs and pictures:https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc32hlvt1t6r98e/Player.log?dl=0

https://imgur.com/3anqqJ4

https://imgur.com/UjRuP0E

That's because this mods uses TU by default for recoloring. If you want the textures shown in the OP, then you just need to delete or rename "B9PWingsUnlimited.cfg" to something else, like "B9PWingsUnlimited.cfg.disabled" or "B9PWingsUnlimited.cfg.bak"

Edited by Guest

Thankyou for this awesome  mod,I would like to point out a improvement ,the B9PW Perform a little bit weird in FAR .giving enough wing area does not prevent faster entry into stall,In a nutshell wing loads behave incorrectly,I hope this can be Improved in future ,and once again, thanks for your work.:) 

I use these wings for all kinds of sci-fi replica builds, absolutely essential.. my question is about compatibility with UbioZur Welding Continuum (or something like that, the version of the welding mod known to still work). How difficult would it be to write a cfg that translates what procedural wings writes to a craft file into usuable parts for the welder?

On 6/2/2022 at 11:44 AM, Joseph Kerman said:

I wonder if it's possible to have a similar version of PWings, but it's purely structural and has no lift

I edit the original Pwings and use them structurally. Just edit everything in the cfg file and you are good to go.

Edited by reducing

4 hours ago, Alex4138 said:

I can't make this work either. How do you install it? I just added the game data content into the game data folder. 

Did you install Module Manager? Is a dependency and is not bundled with the mod

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

h i there ,

i have a little visual problem with the control surfaces when its shape is set to "rounded". see picture https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am0PDmGqv17_hKpdF2TZHArDG0HCdw?e=vTQLhv

and i can't even recolor it.

any idea how to fix that?

my latest  logs are available here => https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am0PDmGqv17_hKpOqPRyuaODwZc86w?e=nYPNsn

B9-PW(v0.43.0.11) isn't working on my install 1.12.0. Can't edit wings using J at all(the window doesn't open). Any dependencies I might be missing? I am running a lot of mods, so if there are any major incompatible ones please let me know.

On 7/16/2022 at 6:57 PM, GoAHead said:

h i there ,

i have a little visual problem with the control surfaces when its shape is set to "rounded". see picture https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am0PDmGqv17_hKpdF2TZHArDG0HCdw?e=vTQLhv

and i can't even recolor it.

any idea how to fix that?

my latest  logs are available here => https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am0PDmGqv17_hKpOqPRyuaODwZc86w?e=nYPNsn

mod list?

happens with  a minimum install of

B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 3:0.43.0.11)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.17)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.2)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.4)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v2.4.0)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.10.25)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.6)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.2.4)

Textures Unlimited might causing this. but i'm not sure if it is the Mod TU itself or maybe some settings in  PW. everything else works except the rounded control surface

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/19/2022 at 9:18 AM, GoAHead said:

happens with  a minimum install of

B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 3:0.43.0.11)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.17)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.2)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.4)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v2.4.0)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.10.25)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.6)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.2.4)

Textures Unlimited might causing this. but i'm not sure if it is the Mod TU itself or maybe some settings in  PW. everything else works except the rounded control surface

It happens just with PW and TU. Took a look at the cfg but saw nothing, probably there's a minor typo in the hardcoded path to the texture for rounded control surfaces.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so to add further to my request about being able to save mutiple wing designs and then choose them as needed.

I found out that once you have a wing design you like you can alt click the wing then place it in the sub assembly box and save as many different types of wings you like.

RCS build aid for some reason screams at me when doing this but it seems to work so far need to test more though

qD6RACy.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed issues where the structural panels generate lift that they aren't supposed to generate. It is clearly said in the part description that this part does not generate lift, but it does so anyway. I've been trying to get around this problem by going to the files and editing its config, however after searching every single folder, there is no config file for wing.procedural.panel, and appears to be hard coded into b9 procedural wings?

So unfortunately I won't be able to build anything with those panels without having them being affected by KSP aerodynamics, which is incredibly annoying :c

I really want to make some cool fuselage designs with the help of pwing's no lift structural panels, so can this be addressed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 4:09 AM, AtomicKepler said:

I've noticed issues where the structural panels generate lift that they aren't supposed to generate. It is clearly said in the part description that this part does not generate lift, but it does so anyway. I've been trying to get around this problem by going to the files and editing its config, however after searching every single folder, there is no config file for wing.procedural.panel, and appears to be hard coded into b9 procedural wings?

So unfortunately I won't be able to build anything with those panels without having them being affected by KSP aerodynamics, which is incredibly annoying :c

I really want to make some cool fuselage designs with the help of pwing's no lift structural panels, so can this be addressed?

Edit: they are in BDarmory MMpatches

Edited by EpicDragon7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 6:24 AM, josuenos said:

I made a PR for this branch of PWings to add the ability to remove lift from wings: https://github.com/B9-Procedural-Wings/B9-PWings-Modified/pull/16
Just wanted to flag it in case you had not seen.

Thank you a lot for sharing this. It's simple amazing! Thanks to your work, being able to disable the lift force on the wings and use them as structural panels, I was able to make my dreams come true and build many replicas of unusual designs.

23 hours ago, angrymark said:

Thank you a lot for sharing this. It's simple amazing! Thanks to your work, being able to disable the lift force on the wings and use them as structural panels, I was able to make my dreams come true and build many replicas of unusual designs.

How does one download the updated mod with this feature?