[1.12] B9 Procedural Wings Fork, Modified

New release, 0.44.0

• Thanks to github user @josuenos for this:
    • Add in option to set PWing Wing part to non-lifting in Stock Aero. Adds toggle to the Part UI, toggling between:  
      • Surface Config: Lifting" and "Surface Config: Not Lifting"
    • Allows for use of PWings to make interesting geometries without the impact of bad lift vectors (i.e. F-117 replica).

Question:

I had the mod working perfectly. 

Then I decided to install FAR.

Then I uninstalled it a few days later. After this, the B9 PWing mod UI doesn't appear. The parts are still accessable, but hovering over the parts and pressing J and all doesn't work. At all. I'm not sure what to do. I'll link my KSP.log and Player.log

thx

I'm running the latest version of the mod

Also, if I load a vessel in the editor that used the pwings, it loads them properly, but when I launch the craft, the craft spawns with the procedural wings "sizes" reset to default

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ScJJ5o-HaT3sraBW1zuOdBsWb1FozcSt?usp=sharing

Edited by BaxterCash

On 7/5/2021 at 3:44 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

The procedural dynamics procedural wing (pWing for short) is a wing piece that the user can procedurally manipulate, the wing automatically generates colliders and set its .cfg parameters accordingly.

@linuxgurugamer

can you tell ab bit more about how it works: 

Does the mod create cfg-files for every edited wing and store them? Or are the parts only templates and the length/width...values are only stored in the craft file?  Can I re-use already set up wings on other crafts (or domthey have to be transplanted via subassemblies?)

On 2/28/2023 at 12:31 PM, Rakete said:

@linuxgurugamer

can you tell ab bit more about how it works: 

Does the mod create cfg-files for every edited wing and store them? Or are the parts only templates and the length/width...values are only stored in the craft file?  Can I re-use already set up wings on other crafts (or domthey have to be transplanted via subassemblies?)

Guess, I'll have to find it out myself...

So for some reason this mod breaks Tweakscale. When starting the game with both this mod and Tweakscale, an error message from Tweakscale says it's missing a certain DLL file. However, when deleting the "B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings" folder from GameData, it starts up without any problems. Anyone know what could cause this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. Not sure if this is known, but it seems that B9 parts generates no value (fund) when recovered?

Just tested with a clean game (with Breaking Ground if that matters) with only B9 Procedural WIngs and B9 Part Switch, and I cannot recover fund from B9 parts.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a career game.
  2. Make a plane with B9 parts, and note down the cost before launching
  3. Launch the craft and immediately recover it.
  4. The fund from recovery should be much less than the number listed in editor, even though the UI says 100% value recovered. B9 parts are not listed in the recovery list and seems lost.

On 3/4/2023 at 10:48 AM, LeviOz said:

So for some reason this mod breaks Tweakscale. When starting the game with both this mod and Tweakscale, an error message from Tweakscale says it's missing a certain DLL file. However, when deleting the "B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings" folder from GameData, it starts up without any problems. Anyone know what could cause this problem?

Looks like @Lisias might want to hear about this.

On 3/4/2023 at 10:48 AM, LeviOz said:

B9 Procedural Wings is badly installed, you forgot to install a dependence. This triggers a nasty bug inside KSP on a thingy called Assembly Loader/Resolver that, once triggered, screws everything and everybody that tries to load something, being TweakScale one of them.

Post your KSP.log here and @linuxgurugamerwill gladly check it and tell you what's missing.

On 3/19/2023 at 12:50 PM, Lisias said:

B9 Procedural Wings is badly installed, you forgot to install a dependence. This triggers a nasty bug inside KSP on a thingy called Assembly Loader/Resolver that, once triggered, screws everything and everybody that tries to load something, being TweakScale one of them.

Post your KSP.log here and @linuxgurugamerwill gladly check it and tell you what's missing.

@LeviOz

How did you install it?  Please provide a log file

• 4 weeks later...

i made an f22 that uses the structural wings for most of the fuselage and wings that keeps crashing when i pull it out into the airfield
i have no clue what is causing it
is there a common crash fix of some sort that im missing or is it just bugged

Edited by DatBoi6713
more detail

On 2/20/2023 at 5:28 PM, BaxterCash said:

Question:

I had the mod working perfectly. 

Then I decided to install FAR.

Then I uninstalled it a few days later. After this, the B9 PWing mod UI doesn't appear. The parts are still accessable, but hovering over the parts and pressing J and all doesn't work. At all. I'm not sure what to do. I'll link my KSP.log and Player.log

thx

I'm running the latest version of the mod

Also, if I load a vessel in the editor that used the pwings, it loads them properly, but when I launch the craft, the craft spawns with the procedural wings "sizes" reset to default

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ScJJ5o-HaT3sraBW1zuOdBsWb1FozcSt?usp=sharing

How did you solve this? The menu isn't coming up for me either. I just installed both FAR and B9 PWing.

24 minutes ago, Tortoise said:

How did you solve this? The menu isn't coming up for me either. I just installed both FAR and B9 PWing.

Update:
I browsed the forums and stumbled upon this revision, so I installed it and it seemed to work (1.12).

Another update:

Just realized, I think I originally downloaded the wrong file. I originally clicked on this link below and downloaded it from the main github repository page,

On 7/5/2021 at 6:44 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

when I should have actually scrolled further down and gotten it from this link:

On 7/5/2021 at 6:44 AM, linuxgurugamer said:
Edited by Tortoise

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a guide (preferably video) or wiki on how to use these parts correctly? I've been fiddling around with them for about 3 hours now trying to make an aircraft and, while I feel like I'm making progress, it also feels like I'm beating my head against a wall trying to make things work because I don't really know what I'm doing. I've spent some time searching through this thread and online for some sort of guide and come up with nothing, so I'm hoping that my google-fu is just failing me and there is some sort of guide or reference that I'm just not finding.

EDIT: To clarify, I get how to manipulate the various parts to make shapes, but am having trouble with details like getting control surfaces to fit properly with the wings etc.

EDIT: Nevermind, have since brute forced my way through figuring it out.

Edited by SpacedInvader

• 2 weeks later...

hello, i'm having a texturing issue procedural wings, when i change the the trailing edge shape on the procedural wings control surface to rounded, it goes to this texture instead of the textures unlimited textures, i've tried reinstalling textures unlimited/turd and procedural wings but the issue persists, i've attached a link to a screenshot showing the texture  that the wing goes to (idk how to upload pictures on this forum)

https://ibb.co/xqZ49ch 

thanks