Kerbin Rover Redux

ColdJ

Updated to 1.1.0

Changelog for 1.1.0

DnJm8Id.png

Many changes. There is now a ute version created from previously unreleased model work by TiktaalikDreaming. Also a working Snorkel. Have created working wheels in 2 sizes from the spares, that don't have a suspension tower and can be attached directly. I have also created a separate suspension tower so that you can still have that look with them if you want. As all wheels that come into the SPH need to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise to work, I have a dark ring around 1 wheel nut on the silver and on the mud so that you can tell that you have rotated them. On the silver the wheel is right way up with the mark at the top, and with mud it is when the mark is on the bottom. I added a ute version of the roof rack and have added a Bull Bar with a built in winch, that works if you have the Kerbal Attachment System mod. The head doesn't transfer to the Kerbal but the bare cable does and attaches to the KAS attachment point with no dramas. I have changed the attachable spotlights to use the new KSP model. I have added an Army colour scheme to all the parts. I have added 3 new flags for the vehicles. Both Defenders now have properly working lights and working high mount rear lights. I have changed the Tech Tree requirements to what I hope is considered fair and balanced for career games.
I think I made it so you can just copy straight over the last iteration. My understanding is that if you have already unlocked a part in a career game it should still be available to you but in a new career they will be in their new spots.

WARNING. I HAVE NOW FOUND THAT THE LEFT OVER KSP WHEELS PATCH STOPS THE WHEELS FROM WORKING IF YOU INSTALL KSP WHEELS. PLEASE GO TO GameData\KerbinRover\Parts\KSPWheelPatch.cfgAND DELETE OR CHANGE THE SUFFIX TO TXT.

Hi. my mod of the Kerbin Rover originally released by Tiktaalik Dreaming is now live on Spacedock. I hope you might enjoy it.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2804/Kerbin Rover Redux?ga=<Game+3102+'Kerbal+Space+Program'>

https://imgur.com/6XrFAn96XrFAn9.png

Edited by ColdJ
Update

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.