[1.11.2][1.12.1+]Ore to Parts - Craft parts with ore / duplicate parts

Goufalite

11 hours ago, Goufalite said:

Great! What you can do now is change in the savefile all the reinitResourcesOnStoreInVessel to False so you won't have to send "uncursed" jetpacks to your kerbals ;)

After looking at the KSP.log I find contradictory elements, sometimes it says the ModuleEvaRefueler doesn't have a RESOURCES_NEEDED node, sometimes it works... Can you put the content of the GameData/OreToParts/Patches/oretanks.cfg file here so I can see if there is something missing ?(I know there is a typo "}1" but it doesn't seem to block...)

I'm preparing a debug heavy update so we can see what's wrong...

EDIT : here it is : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oJg6_IxxKCEUw6dphv-pnUeoLWYSjSmA/view?usp=sharing

• replace the OreToParts.dll in the GameData/OreToParts/Plugins/ folder
  • pop the console (Alt-F12)
  • do the "refuel EVA fuel"
  • either put a screenshot of the console or a KSP.log after the refuel EVA action

Alright, I changed all of reinitResourcesOnStoreInVessel to False and I fixed the typo in oretanks.cfg, and also replaced the OreToParts.dll.

However, ship's monopropellant still doesn't get reduced after refuelling :(

Here's the oretanks.cfg file and a console screenshot:

agVG0TT.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 10:57 AM, Cannon said:

However, ship's monopropellant still doesn't get reduced after refuelling :(

I still didn't find the problem on my side but, I might have found something else: the config of existing parts (ore tanks,...) was persistent, I fixed this in my next version, can you take a look? (unfortunately it doesn't fix the "cursed jetpacks" problem described before, you still need to manually in the save change the reinit... field).

New release v0.4.0.0

• Remove energy from crafted electrical parts (thank to Github user MSchmoecker, more info)
  • Field non-persistance
  • Added a whitelist to the scrap module, leave "all" to scrap everything, or comma separated parts.
  • Added a "forceRefuel" for the EVA refueler module to roleplay resource drain if the EVA parts are somewhat already full

Okay more details (and the wiki will be updated)

In the patches folder there is a "oretotanksEvaOverride.txt" file. Rename it to cfg and it will add a scrap module and craft module to command pods but only for jetpacks and evacylinders. This will allow to "replace" EVA tanks with monoprop. The ratio can of course be changed in the cfg file and I'd appreciate feedback if a better ratio is more interesting.

The "forceRefuel" in the EVARefueler module to true is a little tricky. What it does is it attemps to refuel ALL EVA parts in the inventory system (and kerbal inventory) with the available resource of the main part, even if the EVA parts are full ;) . Think of this as emptying completely your jetpack and refueling it.

Edited by Goufalite

• 4 months later...
On 11/25/2021 at 11:50 PM, Goufalite said:

I still didn't find the problem on my side but, I might have found something else: the config of existing parts (ore tanks,...) was persistent, I fixed this in my next version, can you take a look? (unfortunately it doesn't fix the "cursed jetpacks" problem described before, you still need to manually in the save change the reinit... field).

New release v0.4.0.0

• Remove energy from crafted electrical parts (thank to Github user MSchmoecker, more info)
  • Field non-persistance
  • Added a whitelist to the scrap module, leave "all" to scrap everything, or comma separated parts.
  • Added a "forceRefuel" for the EVA refueler module to roleplay resource drain if the EVA parts are somewhat already full

Okay more details (and the wiki will be updated)

In the patches folder there is a "oretotanksEvaOverride.txt" file. Rename it to cfg and it will add a scrap module and craft module to command pods but only for jetpacks and evacylinders. This will allow to "replace" EVA tanks with monoprop. The ratio can of course be changed in the cfg file and I'd appreciate feedback if a better ratio is more interesting.

The "forceRefuel" in the EVARefueler module to true is a little tricky. What it does is it attemps to refuel ALL EVA parts in the inventory system (and kerbal inventory) with the available resource of the main part, even if the EVA parts are full ;) . Think of this as emptying completely your jetpack and refueling it.

Sorry for a late reply, I've been away for a few months due to college and stuff. I tested it with your latest release and now it reduces ship's monopropellant properly when transfering it to jetpack. Good work :D

• 9 months later...
On 1/15/2023 at 4:18 PM, SkyFall2489 said:

Would it be possible to allow any part with module cargo part to be crafted? say, by setting the list in the CFG file to "ALL"?

I'm sorry but this is not in my roadmap. Including all parts would require to add a full UI to select the part (instead of a simple slider) and I don't know how to do that. The Sandcastle mod handles this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.