Show and Tell - Gurdamma

StarSlay3r

3 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

I think we may dial it back a bit - as other commenters have pointed out, we don't want to spoil too many of the new celestial bodies! This one got grandfathered in because we actually already gave you a peek at an earlier version of it in this video: 

Cool that you guys want to leave some of the Planet discovery to the players, instead of just revealing everything, it adds the aspect of mystery that space flight has.

4 minutes ago, DJDoesKSP said:

Cool that you guys want to leave some of the Planet discovery to the players, instead of just revealing everything, it adds the aspect of mystery that space flight has.

What's great is that the best is being hidden for last. Which is nice and something I remember when watching these.

4 hours ago, KSPStar said:

Gurdamma is a young terrestrial planet that's still experiencing heavy asteroid bombardment, much like Kerbin did billions of years ago. Still to come: a thick atmosphere and a very close (i.e. within the rings) moon!

I love the specs of lava sprinkled across the planets surface, really cool looking

LAVA!!! The terrain is beautiful, the music is beautiful, and the rings..... Wow!

I like the name, too. Gurdamma is fun to say... So, is it pronounced /gɘɹdama'/ or /gɘɹda:'ma/ ? Maybe we can start a new Mün pronunciation debate around this...

@Nate Simpson Who names the bodies, anyway? A hat tip to them, whoever they are.

Edited by SOXBLOX

3 hours ago, minerbat said:

planets rings were going to damage spacecraft right?

Probably

does this also happen on the surface of the moon? that would not make sence.

What are you trying to say?

and will the moon get its own smaller ring system?

Depends

My god Gurdamma is absolutely GORGEOUS! @Nate Simpson you mentioned that this planet is analogus to the early earth in the late heavy bombardment. will there be an asteroid hazard of rocks coming down to destroy colonies? that would be a crazy but fun environmental hazard players would have to deal with.   

9 hours ago, KSPStar said:

Gurdamma is a young terrestrial planet that's still experiencing heavy asteroid bombardment, much like Kerbin did billions of years ago. Still to come: a thick atmosphere and a very close (i.e. within the rings) moon!

That looks amazing! 

Question - with free liquid on the surface... Will it have an atmosphere and potentially clouds? 

5 hours ago, SOXBLOX said:

I like the name, too. Gurdamma is fun to say... So, is it pronounced /gɘɹdama'/ or /gɘɹda:'ma/ ? Maybe we can start a new Mün pronunciation debate around this. 

Since now is the time to set absurd precedents i vote rhymes with:

4AASDIQ.gif

Edited by Pthigrivi

Looks great.

@Nate Simpson

I love the "feel" of blue skies, but I must ask... should the skies be blue without oxygen?

Also, taking a page from early Earth, what about an Earth like planet with a rather thin atmosphere (roughly 0.5 atms), as Earth once had as well: 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/05/earth-s-ancient-atmosphere-was-half-thick-it-today

Even with the same bulk properties, things can vary a lot over time.

7 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Question - with free liquid on the surface... Will it have an atmosphere and potentially clouds? 

They said that atmosphere is yet to be done.

23 minutes ago, KerikBalm said:

I love the "feel" of blue skies, but I must ask... should the skies be blue without oxygen?

Not sure if that's what you mean but it's a test scene there, as always, the blue comes from default unity skybox most likely.

17 hours ago, Deddly said:

Some flowing rivers and waterfalls would absolutely make my day, and I can't see any elevation variation for the water level in the lakes, but hopefully that will be added sometime in the future. A single level for all water always bugged me in KSP :)

Even with just 1 water level, with all that water we should at least see drainage channels, the terrain could look very much like mars with an ocean... Lots of craters, but also some rivulets and canyons and deltas...

Erosion happens fast with flowing and raining liquid... It needs some erosion features.

21 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

I think we may dial it back a bit - as other commenters have pointed out, we don't want to spoil too many of the new celestial bodies!

What if you guys showcased some of the ones we already know like rask and rusk?

22 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Make sure that the moon is getting torn apart or something like that becuase it is inside the Roche limit.

Or just make it furhter out but that isnt part of the plans.

The density of the moon is a factor too. So they could exist inside the rings, but they're likely small but fairly heavy.

9 hours ago, SOXBLOX said:

I hope they leave the atmosphere mostly clear. It would be a shame to hide all that beauty underneath a smog layer.

Id love to see wispy cirrus clouds, and maybe smokey plumes from the volcanos…

volcano_space_01.jpg?quality=75&strip=al

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.