Show and Tell - Gurdamma

StarSlay3r

12 hours ago, Redneck said:
On 7/14/2021 at 10:34 PM, mcwaffles2003 said:

Dude... None of those games are filled with curated worlds...

So is your overall argument that the KSP 2 devs didn't invent procedural generation so nothing about this is new or ground breaking? That's as lame of an argument as saying "well any computer game is made with code so there hasn't been a new game since 1962's Spacewar..."

lol well said! :fistbump:

Strawman Fallacy

On 7/9/2021 at 6:42 PM, Nate Simpson said:

The story we're trying to tell with Gurdamma is that it's similar to Earth during the Hadean Eon, relatively shortly after the formation of the Moon. I was actually pretty surprised myself how close the Moon was immediately after its formation: 16 times larger in the sky than today, and just a whisker beyond the Roche limit!

By story, do you mean just the backstory behind the conception of the planet, or it will also be present in game in a way that people can discover the formation of the planet ? Via the science experiments for example.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:55 AM, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Thay have been saying that this game is being built with consoles in mind, what does that mean, I honestly don't know. Just hope it is good.

I think "built with consoles in mind" could mean several things (in order of decreasing likelihood):

1. They have designed KSP2 to work well with controllers - this is basically guaranteed because KSP1 is available on consoles. Doing this will help the many PC players who play games with controllers too, and will make KSP2 well-suited for the Steam Deck and accessible gaming.

2. They have designed KSP2 to run well on previous gen (PS4/Xbox One) and current gen (PS5/XS) consoles - this is quite likely because KSP1 was available on previous gen consoles, but making use of current gen ones will require more work. Building KSP2 to make use of the NVMe storage on consoles will be great for high-end PCs.

100. They have simplified KSP's game mechanics to make it work on consoles - this is extremely unlikely and wouldn't make any sense given that KSP1 is just as in depth on consoles (without mods, of course). But, some people still fear that it might happen.

Edited by TROPtastic
Removed double post

17 hours ago, TROPtastic said:

I think "built with consoles in mind" could mean several things (in order of decreasing likelihood):

1. They have designed KSP2 to work well with controllers - this is basically guaranteed because KSP1 is available on consoles. Doing this will help the many PC players who play games with controllers too, and will make KSP2 well-suited for the Steam Deck and accessible gaming.

2. They have designed KSP2 to run well on previous gen (PS4/Xbox One) and current gen (PS5/XS) consoles - this is quite likely because KSP1 was available on previous gen consoles, but making use of current gen ones will require more work. Building KSP2 to make use of the NVMe storage on consoles will be great for high-end PCs.

100. They have simplified KSP's game mechanics to make it work on consoles - this is extremely unlikely and wouldn't make any sense given that KSP1 is just as in depth on consoles (without mods, of course). But, some people still fear that it might happen.

I dare say it is harder on console.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 9:04 AM, Mr.dobsonian said:

These show and tells keep getting better and better! I think I'm gonna need a new pc before I can even play ksp 2

100% My 5 year old laptop will have no chance. I'm just waiting for the system requirements to be announced before buying a gaming PC to play KSP2.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:40 AM, herbal space program said:

I guess that would explain why they're all green!

That would mean they require a particular amount of sunlight to stay healthy and Oxygen scrubbers so they don't drown while in suits or capsules.

2 hours ago, mattinoz said:

That would mean they require a particular amount of sunlight to stay healthy and Oxygen scrubbers so they don't drown while in suits or capsules.

Works for me if it means I won't have to deal with all kinds of pain-in-the-butt life support!

Edited by herbal space program

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.