Something at _____________ away from Kerbol (Contains Spoilers)

Dr. Kerbal

a forums user found something.

Don't open the spoiler tab below if you dont want any easter eggs spoiled. 

Spoiler

Im not sure many people know this but there's seems to be a SSTV signal according got @Holo. According to this thread 

it is 10,000 petameters away from Kerbol. And I will try to find it. But it been a while and I would have to go throuhg the game files. Does it even exist anymore at all. I hope I can find it. Whish me luck. It would be amazing if I found it. 

Edited by Dr. Kerbal

16 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

a forums user found something.

Don't open the spoiler tab below if you dont want any easter eggs spoiled. 

Hide contents

Im not sure many people know this but there's seems to be a SSTV signal according got @Holo. According to this thread 

it is 10,000 petameters away from Kerbol. And I will try to find it. But it been a while and I would have to go throuhg the game files. Does it even exist anymore at all. I hope I can find it. Whish me luck. It would be amazing if I found it. 

We must find answers to this!

Wait...could it be?

Could this be the easter egg planet:valawe:

I was trying to find the thread but couldn't find it... Just in case I will put what I think in a spoiler tab...

Spoiler

I know a lot of people believed this to just be a random coincidence or a bug, but I know I read somewhere that this was a part of the lore, or storyline, that was going to be added to the game at one time, but was never finished. So essentially it was left in and is an anomaly that goes nowhere.

6 hours ago, Dientus said:

I was trying to find the thread but couldn't find it... Just in case I will put what I think in a spoiler tab...

Hide contents

I know a lot of people believed this to just be a random coincidence or a bug, but I know I read somewhere that this was a part of the lore, or storyline, that was going to be added to the game at one time, but was never finished. So essentially it was left in and is an anomaly that goes nowhere.

no. the original, well-known sstv is part of the aborted storyline. this second, unconfirmed case is much likely to be a bug

I don't think it's an easter egg. Especially since the discoverer in question wasn't able to replicate it, nor anyone else (at least to my knowledge). At 10,000 petameters the game is well-known to be buggy. All things considered, it's much more likely to be a fluke, bug, or coincidence than an actual easter egg.

8 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

no. the original, well-known sstv is part of the aborted storyline. this second, unconfirmed case is much likely to be a bug

Ok I guess I got the old threads confused. Don't mind me, I blame my age :joy:

19 hours ago, Dientus said:

Hide contents

It was. The idea was for the player to find the sstv signals which would give you the orbital parameters of a hidden planet. This was not a good description, but the base idea. I know you can find a more detailed description somewhere on the forums. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.