KSP Warfare

I want to do an all out, turn based war, anybody can join(PC users ONLY, since mods will be used to add weapons, engines, etc)

The Mods

BD armory

B9 HX

KSPIE(for epstien drives, etc.)

BurnTogether/Smart Parts(you pick)

OPT spaceplane + OPT Legacy

A planetmod(to increase the number of people who can participate without crowding occuring)
Options for planetmods include

• GU
  • GPO
  • Light Levels(all)
  • Other mods can be requested, just send me the link and I will check it out

Rules

No ships over 750 parts(to prevent gamecrasher type crafts)

No orbital bombardments

No gunspam(ship class defines number of guns allowed, tanks can have 1 main gun, fighters can have up to 2 forward facing guns, bombers may carry 2 small turrets for defense)

No missile spam(max of 4 torpedoes/missiles per craft unless it is a bomber(atmo only) or a dedicated missile craft(no armament other than basic point defense weapons)

DLC is ALLOWED and REQUIRED

Warp Drives may ONLY be used for interstellar travel or travel between owned territories, otherwise, use kerbstien drives for travel

Points System

Each player will get points at the start of each turn, you get 5 points for every owned planet, and 3 points for every owned moon, you also get these points at the end of each turn(to make sure large systems arent utterly OP, multiple players will be placed in them to make it more fair)

Points may be spent on

• Emplacements
  • Tanks
  • Planes
  • Ships(space)
  • SAM sites

The costs are(for each vehicle type)

Fighter- 2 points+1 point per gun

Bomber- 3 points+0.5 points per missile

Transport plane, Used to land tanks on the surface of planets with atmospheres(drop pods may be used instead), may carry up to 2 tanks to the surface, 4 points

Light tank 2 points, max 100mm armor

Med. Tank 4 points, max 300mm armor

Heavy Tank 6 points, max 500mm armor

Emplacement, 1 point, max 100mm armor, no wheels or engines

SAM site, 3 points, no armor, may carry up to 8 SAMs, if extra SAMs are added(max of 16) it costs 2 points extra

Spacecraft costs, only vessels frigate and larger may have a kerbstien drive(interplanetary drive) Vessels destroyer or larger may carry warp drives

Skiff, 2 points, 0.5 points per 100mm of armor, may only mount 2 guns

Corvette, 4 points, may mount torpedoes and weapons up to 30mm(max of 2 torpedoes, torpedo ship may carry 6, torpedoes cost 0.5 points each) max, 3 guns 1 point per 100 mm of armor

Frigate, May mount 4 torpedoes(torpedo ship may carry 8, torpedoes cost 0.5 points each) max, 4 guns, costs 8 points 1.5 points per 100mm of armor

Destroyer, may mount ANY weapon, and carry 8 torpedoes, no missile boat variant, may have up to 8 guns, costs 20 points, 0.5 points per torpedo, May have a warp drive 2 points per 100mm of armor

Battleship/Dreadnought, May mount ANY weapon, and carry 16 torpedoes, no missile boat variant, max, 24 guns, costs 40 points, 0.5 points per torpedo, can carry 2 corvettes or 4 skiffs into battle, may have a warp drive 3 points per 100mm of armor

Carrier, May only mount point defense weapons, no torpedoes, can carry skiffs and corvettes between planets along with any form of planetary craft(bombers, fighters, transports, etc), may have warpdrive, 3 points per 100mm armor, may only deploy 15 points of planetary attack forces, max of 4 guns, costs 20 points

Supercarrier, all ships frigate or smaller can dock in it, able to carry warpdrive, may have up to 10 guns but they all must be point defense weapons, biggest ship in any fleet, 6 points per 100mm armor, Costs 20 points

You can recruit players here but the actual conduct of the challenge/game will need to take place somewhere away from our forum. The problem is that people tend to over-identify with their fictional factions to the point of developing real enmities, so roleplaying of this sort has been ruled unsuitable for this forum. 

yeah, the chat will be on a discord

its only for recruting, setting rules

visual mods are fine

Stock system isnt my favorite, since it doesnt have much space for players(only really duna, laythe, kerbin, eve) have space

every other planet is just a rock

there is no rule that tells you that you must destroy all enemy units in the outermost moon and after that you move in, so lets say i want kerbin (im from lets say, uhhhhhhh laythe) i can just put my forces at kerbin while bypassing all of your devence at minmus and the mun @kspnerd122

Edited by ffx

2 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

yeah, thats gonna be a rule

But u can join, will put discord invite

I want to, pm me

Edited by ffx
pm edit

4 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

well, what planetmod should we use?

since stock isnt gonna cut it

GPP doesn't have recive a lot of love from roleplaying so lets pick that @kspnerd122

Edited by ffx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.